Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

So far, so pretty bad.

Sesko, Tosin should really be targeted/attainable.

Typical, when we need to strength the squad and a fecking cheap target pops up, we refuse to be all over it.... we would rather spend 60 to 90 million on a flop!!

Ineos have got it all to prove. It's like Joel and Avram never gave up control so far, dithering FC.

The transfer window is just a registration window. Transfer activity never ends.

And I'm sure we're doing stuff behind the scenes. My point was that you can't criticise the new owners about transfers, when they're not legally able to sign anyone yet.

The transfer window isn't even open yet. What are you talking about?
I get your point in general but there are clubs who have already started buying players even before the window has opened. Generally that is what well run clubs are supposed to do. Have a plan for the summer and start working on it as soon as you can, that includes even before the window opens.

Although we do have the excuse that the new setup is not fully there yet but for them to keep ETH in the lurch for so long is only delaying our transfer plans. They need to get cracking. I don't know what kind of review takes someone a whole week. I wanted to see ETH get one more season but every passing day I'm leaning towards the thought that they are waiting for the FA Cup euphoria to die down and then sack him.

I get your point in general but there are clubs who have already started buying players even before the window has opened. Generally that is what well run clubs are supposed to do. Have a plan for the summer and start working on it as soon as you can, that includes even before the window opens.

Although we do have the excuse that the new setup is not fully there yet but for them to keep ETH in the lurch for so long is only delaying our transfer plans. They need to get cracking. I don't know what kind of review takes someone a whole week. I wanted to see ETH get one more season but every passing day I'm leaning towards the thought that they are waiting for the FA Cup euphoria to die down and then sack him.

What transfers have happened? Not being facetious, genuinely haven't clocked any.

And fair point on the manager. Would be good to see their intent one way or another. Having said that, I do believe Ratcliffe was right about walking to the right decisions rather than running to the wrong ones, so we'll see.

What transfers have happened? Not being facetious, genuinely haven't clocked any.

And fair point on the manager. Would be good to see their intent one way or another. Having said that, I do believe Ratcliffe was right about walking to the right decisions rather than running to the wrong ones, so we'll see.
Spurs resigning Werner, Bournemouth resigning Unal, helps both were already there on loan but still they moved quickly to confirm those early. And then there's Palace with Riad and Kamada, West Ham with Luis Guilherme and now Chelsea with Tosin.

All we see with us right now is what positions the manager wants reinforcements in and some loose links with some players in those positions while the manager's future itself is up in the air.

He's regarded as the biggest German talent since Wirtz. He brings everything you'd want from a B2B (1.91, great technically, fast, creative, press-resistant, runs a lot, good in the box as well), hence the Bellingham comparisons. I would say he has a bit of Pogba too (the good aspects). Would be a steal if we manage to snap him up over Bayern or the other EPL teams.
Form what I’ve seen of him that’s a good description. Was the youth captain for Germany at his age level and drives at the opposition defenders when on form. Focal point of the team kind of player.

Yeah don't like the Trevoh news at all, he isn't that good.

I don't mind the occasional free agent signing so Tosin might be a good choice only because he is free agent, let's not spend millions on players who are not even that good, even as backups

Don't want Tosin or Chalobah. Don't think either are good enough. I'd much rather pay £50m for Branthwaite if these are the alternatives.

Don't want Tosin or Chalobah. Don't think either are good enough. I'd much rather pay £50m for Branthwaite if these are the alternatives.
How do you know Everton are willing to sell branthwaite for £50m? If anything they are asking 90m.

He would be an amazing signing for them. Very logical. It’ll probably take him a few years though like Rasmus to really get going but Arsenal are a good side so… maybe not? If we miss out on this guy I see us going for an older head and then Ferguson next summer or something like that
Unless we decide Hojlund isn’t good enough, we won’t be spending big on a young striker. We definitely need some experience up top.

It’s a great signing for the future, but Sesko would change how Arsenal play currently. I don’t think they’ve played with a big striker so far?

People need to calm down. Maybe Tosin wants to stay in London? Chelsea are next door neighbours to his current team. Maybe we looked at him but didnt want him. The guy is 26, so not an 18 year old - weve a good idea of his level by now and if he wasnt on a free would anybody on this forum be reacting this way? If we gave fulham, lets say, 35 million for him, what would people think. I suspect many would see it as a gamble, whereas many right now seem to see him as a certainty

People need to calm down. Maybe Tosin wants to stay in London? Chelsea are next door neighbours to his current team. Maybe we looked at him but didnt want him. The guy is 26, so not an 18 year old - weve a good idea of his level by now and if he wasnt on a free would anybody on this forum be reacting this way? If we gave fulham, lets say, 35 million for him, what would people think. I suspect many would see it as a gamble, whereas many right now seem to see him as a certainty

Agreed.

Tosin's value comes from the fact that he is a fee agent, otherwise we would not go anywhere near him.

If we get him, alright, low risk if it doesn't work out, and if we don't get him, then he isnt that important to chase actually.

Agreed.

Tosin's value comes from the fact that he is a fee agent, otherwise we would not go anywhere near him.

If we get him, alright, low risk if it doesn't work out, and if we don't get him, then he isnt that important to chase actually.

Absolutely. I understand the temptation - but maybe it will prove to be a good thing that the club wasnt tempted by 'value', for a player they didnt believe was the one they wanted.

How do you know Everton are willing to sell branthwaite for £50m? If anything they are asking 90m.
Even the initial reports said they were hoping for £80m max. They are under pressure to sell for PSL or they'll be hit with an initial 9-point deduction before the season starts, and Branthwaite is their only really viable option to make profit. They might want to sell Onana, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in him, and the amount of profit they could make on him is realistically very small. There's been no suggestion that any club besides Utd are that strongly interested in Branthwaite, so Everton will have to either accept a reduced rate or the points deduction. There's no chance they're getting over £60m from anyone.

Alternatively, I'd prefer we look outside of England if Branthwaite's price is higher, where there are better defenders for cheaper.

The Tosin drive from fans is simply down to how many players we likely need, so a freebie frees up funds for elsewhere in the side. I'd personally re-sign Evans for a year if we can move on Lindelof, then go big on the other CB.

Martinez, New CB, Maguire, Kambwala, Evans. Evans did well every time he played and as 5th choice shouldn't be required much unless we have a similar injury hit campaign as this year, but you simply can't plan for that and keep everyone happy when they are all fit.

The Tosin drive from fans is simply down to how many players we likely need, so a freebie frees up funds for elsewhere in the side. I'd personally re-sign Evans for a year if we can move on Lindelof, then go big on the other CB.

Martinez, New CB, Maguire, Kambwala, Evans. Evans did well every time he played and as 5th choice shouldn't be required much unless we have a similar injury hit campaign as this year, but you simply can't plan for that and keep everyone happy when they are all fit.
Totally agree. Absolutely bemused by these calls to get rid of Evans when he was our 3rd best cb this season. As a squad player who knows his role and won't cause a fuss, keeping him makes sense.

Totally agree. Absolutely bemused by these calls to get rid of Evans when he was our 3rd best cb this season. As a squad player who knows his role and won't cause a fuss, keeping him makes sense.
Johnny is out of contract this summer I think so it will be interesting to see if he gets offered anything, perhaps the role Huddlestone just left?

Typical, when we need to strength the squad and a fecking cheap target pops up, we refuse to be all over it.... we would rather spend 60 to 90 million on a flop!!
Ineos have got it all to prove. It's like Joel and Avram never gave up control so far, dithering FC.
Chelsea get Tosin for free while we give them £25m for a crocked castoff, imagine that :lol:

How do you guys know we didn't go for Tosin? If very possible we did and he turned us down. Neither of him or the Chelsea lad excite but writing the new footbl structure off over something that hasn't even happened yet is hilarious. Especially when we don't even have all the facts. I get we're burned from the Glazers, but not even signing we miss is us dithering or missing something blindingly obvious. Most likely there are other reasons.

If we look to sign two cbs this summer I think we go for a big name starter and then a back up left footed cb for Licha.

So unless Tosin was going to be that starter (as he’s right footed) I don’t see the move although it would be a nice free agent pickup.

Forgot to post this earlier to add some more context (Tier 2):

If it's dragging on, it's because the player prefers to stay in Germany than move to England at this time.

Helpful context, thanks

If we're taking a defender from Chelsea, I wish we'd go for Maatsen, proper modern full back.
I read this post straight after his brainfart in the final :(

I think anyone that believes we will have a smooth window is in for a shock. I think it will be as frustrating as many beforehand. We can’t even decide on the manager situation.

Think next summer is where we might start acting like a proper club again.