Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

For £12m and with Bayern out of the equation, we should be getting this done quickly. Despite only being 17 this kid's been hyped in Germany for years. His physique should help him in the PL. These sorts of low risk, high reward deals are what I'd like to see us moving toward. Hoping we sign Anselimo for similar reasons.

For £12m and with Bayern out of the equation, we should be getting this done quickly. Despite only being 17 this kid's been hyped in Germany for years. His physique should help him in the PL. These sorts of low risk, high reward deals are what I'd like to see us moving toward. Hoping we sign Anselimo for similar reasons.

When have we done a deal "quickly" this last decade?

Big block of text incoming:

Source:

In short:
  • Assan hasn't committed to Bayern Munich or any other team.
  • Assan & his camp care more about the project and player's progression than the money.
  • The interested PL teams want to bring Assan directly into their first team.

Casemiro was pretty quick.
And look how that turned out.
If only someone had taken the time to think, hang on, his play style is nothing like the profile the manager wants and he's old as feck, we wouldn't have spent 60 mill on him.
In fact as a rule of thumb, we shouldn't buy players from R Madrid for the next 5 years.

If only someone had taken the time to think, hang on, his play style is nothing like the profile the manager wants and he's old as feck, we wouldn't have spent 60 mill on him.
In fact as a rule of thumb, we shouldn't buy players from R Madrid for the next 5 years.
Prime Makalele wouldn't work in EtH midifield. I would rather say that EtH wasted 2 years of Case and Varane.

Prime Makalele wouldn't work in EtH midifield. I would rather say that EtH wasted 2 years of Case and Varane.
Both things can be true at the same time. We shouldn't have signed Casemiro, not for anywhere near what we paid for him.

Big block of text incoming:

Source:

In short:
  • Assan hasn't committed to Bayern Munich or any other team.
  • Assan & his camp care more about the project and player's progression than the money.
  • The interested PL teams want to bring Assan directly into their first team.

This is a transfer we need to make. One of the premier talents in Europe available for 10-15m. Please United, do not mess this one up.

He’s still only 32 now. Meanwhile 34yr old Kroos and 38yr Modric are still doing it at Madrid. Casemiro has obviously lost a yard but the system this year would have made any midfielder look bad.

This is a transfer we need to make. One of the premier talents in Europe available for 10-15m. Please United, do not mess this one up.

in fairness - there are probably 20 other clubs thinking the exact same thing - and the cost of £10-15 million makes hm attainable for a lot of clubs

He’s still only 32 now. Meanwhile 34yr old Kroos and 38yr Modric are still doing it at Madrid. Casemiro has obviously lost a yard but the system this year would have made any midfielder look bad.
Very different kind of players. Kroos and Modric are cerebral players and super elite passers. Their games was never build running power and pitch coverage, even less so now. They are the opposite of Casemiro. Also, look at who are surrounded by, every other player around them are super athletes, we don't have that.

Context is a marvelous thing. Kross has two of the best talents in the world next to him, in Tchouameni and Camavinga, and Valverde who has good recovery runs. Casemiro plays with McTominay, Amrabat, Mainoo, and a makeshift defense all season. Modric is almost gone, and I believe he only got one more season from Real because they appreciate what he did for the club.

Very different kind of players. Kroos and Modric are cerebral players and super elite passers. Their games was never build running power and pitch coverage, even less so now. They are the opposite of Casemiro. Also, look at who are surrounded by, every other player around them are super athletes, we don't have that.

So gutted we never got to see either in Utd shirt

I'm not saying they are the same. But people need to stop thinking anything over 30 is old. There are loads of players playing into their late 30's including in midfield. Casemiro has always been a heavier lad though so is likely to fall off more sharply. I still think this season and the tactics we used were always going to be an awful fit for Casemiro in particular.

Context is a marvelous thing. Kross has two of the best talents in the world next to him, in Tchouameni and Camavinga, and Valverde who has good recovery runs. Casemiro plays with McTominay, Amrabat, Mainoo, and a makeshift defense all season. Modric is almost gone, and I believe he only got one more season from Real because they appreciate what he did for the club.

Which is part of my point. If we played a more compact midfield and had Casemiro screening while two young, energetic midfielders flanked him then he wouldn't have looked nearly as bad.

Imagine, if we had lined up like Madrid this year with a 4-1-2-1-2. Casemiro at the base, Mainoo and McTominay/Mount in the middle and Bruno behind two of Hojlund, Rashford and Garnacho would have covered up for Casemiro's physical decline much more effectively. A 3-1-6 with the game spread wide open just exposed him in the worst way.

If we're going to give someone a pay rise and new contract then it should be our best player and the only world class player we have.
Agree on this, plus he clearly has a market in SA after his United career, I’d keep him 1 or 2 more years then sell him for £100m to Saudi, it’s clear they’ll pay this next year to?

How did we get in a position where Forsan leaves on a free? City or Chelsea would be getting £20M for him.

19 years old, has played in the first team, but never been tied down to a contract?
I think we'll get a tribunal fee, no?

The point is, why is a player on the edges of the first team not on a contract?
He probably shouldn't have been on the edges of the first team, to be honest
No, if he's released at the end of the month, he's a free agent and we're owed nothing.
He's under 24, so if he moves to another PL club after rejecting a contract offer from us, his new club has to compensate us a fee set by a tribunal

That makes no sense
If there wasn't a want to tie him down to a new contract, I don't think he'd have got as many chances as he did with the first team if we weren't trying to convince him to sign a new deal. Conjecture, but feels like that.