Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

That's your best response? Come on mate. Things are the club have changed and more change is to come. We all know it's been shit but even if Ineos compile an amazing backroom team these things take time.

This idea that the Ineos are worse than then Glazers and we're dawdling is pure fear based on the past. It's a clean slate now and yes they have to deliver but it probably won't be immediately.

If things go exceptionally well we'll be challenging within two seasons but it definitely won't be next year so set your expectations accordingly.

Bit too reasonable this. Sprinkle in some blind panic based on absolute bugger all, you’re alienating too many with decent logic.

Zirksee, as argued because he’s not good enough.
De Ligt, though slightly younger than previous high end transfers, would still get the bill of Juve/Bayern cast-off, not good enough for them, why good enough for us? Not on an upwards curve career-wise. Injury-concerns. High wages. Lots og red flags if you follow the expected Ineos-book here…
I’d think any high-wage-signings we’ll do onwards will be of a different caliber. Branthwaite would fit the bill if he had one more convincing year. We’d give a young Wayne Rooney a good deal under Ineos, but not a Schweinsteiger or Casemiro…

The De Ligt "injury-concerns" are a joke.....the guy has played about 250 games in 6 seasons. He had 2 injuries in one season - one was his shoulder - and he has injury-concerns ?

The De Ligt "injury-concerns" are a joke.....the guy has played about 250 games in 6 seasons. He had 2 injuries in one season - one was his shoulder - and he has injury-concerns ?
Same people who say Martinez is a crock. Guy had a broken bone and a big lump fall on his knee. Sure some would moan if they had nothing to moan about.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we start signing ten hag’s family members soon
What a joke of a transfer strategy

As far as people on here are concerned if a player gets even one bad injury (which can happen to literally anyone) he's a crock.

In 23/24 he missed 20 games due to injury for Bayern. I’d have an ongoing concern especially over those inner ligament issues which keep popping up.
Thats not to say I wouldn’t sign him but I think it’s a valid concern

Yet many think we can rely on a LB who has missed nearly 250 matches in the 10 seasons he has been at the club.

Really worrying that we're still indulging him when we might need to sack him by Christmas.

Really worrying that we're still indulging him when we might need to sack him by Christmas.

It isn't a "strategy" and we aren't "indulging" him. You both are literally doing what people have done for millennia, in the absence of actual information you seek patterns and get 6 from 2+2.

Just because a youtiber has said we only target dirch players because ETH is Dutch, or doesn't mean it's true....

Players like De Ligt make a lot of sense, regardless of nationality. Price could be good, good age, great experience, good leadership qualities etc. Similar with Zirkzee, are Arsenal only linked with uok because they indulge their manager on Dutch transfers? Or os there a bit of a lack of striking options of you're buying and,considering he has a release clause, he represents a good deal for several different clubs?

It would be a dumb strategy to also simply avoid Dutch players because one didn't work out before.

I can't help but think people like you would have 2 car accidents and because they happened to both be on a Wednesday, you the refuse to drive on Wednesdays because on your head it's obviously linked and driving on Wednesday is more dangerous.

When you don't know what conversations have been had, what people do, what's going on and have zero insight at all, it's so lazy and easy to just assume.

I can guarantee our transfer strategy is not to 'target Dutch people that Ten Hag likes and just go for it'.

If you honestly believe it is then there's no point talking because it's impossible to reason with people like that. It's like a huge strawman that there's no point arguing with because it's based on so little that you'll never talk someone who thinks that around because they WANT to think it. There are valid reasons to have signed the Dutch?Eredevisie players that we signed and none of them are just because Ten Hag loves Dutch players and the club just give him what he wants.

Wouldn't be surprised if you were not a genuine Utd fan. What a joke of a post.

It's more worrying we have people making up that he's driving this transfer.

You're so unashamedly servile :lol:

It's more than likely he's driving this transfer but every inch of you has to respond and form a defence rather than let such a post go.

Must just be a coincidence we've targeted what 4 of his former players at this stage. 5 if you count Brobby.

You're so unashamedly servile :lol:

It's more than likely he's driving this transfer but every inch of you has to respond and form a defence rather than let such a post go.

Must just be a coincidence we've targeted what 4 of his former players at this stage. 5 if you count Brobby.
I'm not suggesting he didn't drive transfers earlier. But we have INEOS taking over things and its the same lazy posters claiming it's the same status quo.

Athletic literally reported De Ligt is suggested by Ineos.

I’ll raise my hands and admit i don’t know enough about his injuries to know if they could be a recurring issue or not.

For me its more the type of signing, an established high profile player on high wages. Been burnt by those so many times the last years, but then again we’ve been burnt on lower profile transfers also. Generally i just don’t think it fits the proposed Ineos transfer playbook, even though he is still young enough.

must admit i really wanted him the summer he signed for Juventus though, so i like the player profile.

Do you want to compete for lowest wage cb partnership, or do you want to compete for cups and the PL? Better players cost more money.
I want the best CB on current form and currently De Ligt is 4th choice for his club and country while Ghuei been one of the stand out CB of the Euros so far?

It isn't a "strategy" and we aren't "indulging" him. You both are literally doing what people have done for millennia, in the absence of actual information you seek patterns and get 6 from 2+2.

Just because a youtiber has said we only target dirch players because ETH is Dutch, or doesn't mean it's true....

Players like De Ligt make a lot of sense, regardless of nationality. Price could be good, good age, great experience, good leadership qualities etc. Similar with Zirkzee, are Arsenal only linked with uok because they indulge their manager on Dutch transfers? Or os there a bit of a lack of striking options of you're buying and,considering he has a release clause, he represents a good deal for several different clubs?

It would be a dumb strategy to also simply avoid Dutch players because one didn't work out before.

I can't help but think people like you would have 2 car accidents and because they happened to both be on a Wednesday, you the refuse to drive on Wednesdays because on your head it's obviously linked and driving on Wednesday is more dangerous.

When you don't know what conversations have been had, what people do, what's going on and have zero insight at all, it's so lazy and easy to just assume.

I can guarantee our transfer strategy is not to 'target Dutch people that Ten Hag likes and just go for it'.

If you honestly believe it is then there's no point talking because it's impossible to reason with people like that. It's like a huge strawman that there's no point arguing with because it's based on so little that you'll never talk someone who thinks that around because they WANT to think it. There are valid reasons to have signed the Dutch?Eredevisie players that we signed and none of them are just because Ten Hag loves Dutch players and the club just give him what he wants.

This is spot on. It’s such a lazy suggestion.

There's a lot of truth to what you say because realistically I think United would target Rice, Kane etc but always get shafted by other English clubs. The relationship with Van Der Sar made our useless executives more comfortable. They still got shafted for Antony though, so thank feck we will have a new team to negotiate.

I'm not suggesting he didn't drive transfers earlier. But we have INEOS taking over things and its the same lazy posters claiming it's the same status quo.

Athletic literally reported De Ligt is suggested by Ineos.

yes I’m sure its all a big coincidence mate

Or maybe they're just aligned on the transfers? Not everything has to be a big conspiracy.

conspiracy?
Its obvious the manager prefers to recruit guys he’s already worked with even though he’s inexperienced, young and from an average league with his preferred pool of players being mediocre at best.

Calling it a coincidence where the best dude out there just happened to be linked with him is absurd

who’s talking about INEOS here?
They cant shove players down his throat at the end of the day manager calls the shot
It literally isn't. The new contract Ten Hag is rumoured to sign will have lesser influence. Moreover, athletic have reported INEOS have suggested de Ligt. But you want to bury your head in the sand and draw correlations from signings under a completely different regime. Go for it. It's your conspiracy after all.

It literally isn't. The new contract Ten Hag is rumoured to sign will have lesser influence. Moreover, athletic have reported INEOS have suggested de Ligt. But you want to bury your head in the sand and draw correlations from signings under a completely different regime. Go for it. It's your conspiracy after all.

“Rumoured to signed”
Sure mate you go ahead and believe the rumours and ignore the obvious objective reality in front of you.

Had no idea I was indulging in conspiracies by calling out the 50th Dutch/Eredevise player we end up signing

“Rumoured to signed”
Sure mate you go ahead and believe the rumours and ignore the obvious objective reality in front of you.

Had no idea I was indulging in conspiracies by calling out the 50th Dutch/Eredevise player we end up signing
I suppose rumour was the wrong word. Reported, by credible journalists worth their salt.

Do you understand the obvious statistical flaw of bucketing signings from another regime to paint a narrative under INEOS? There's mental gymnastics and then there's at clutching more straws than a masturbating strawman.

I suppose rumour was the wrong word. Reported, by credible journalists worth their salt.

Do you understand the obvious statistical flaw of bucketing signings from another regime to paint a narrative under INEOS? There's mental gymnastics and then there's at clutching more straws than a masturbating strawman.

“Credible journalists” the amount of crap they have spewed could fill up the grand canyon.

Sure they more “credible” than the other asswipes out there but they are wrong plenty of times.

What is more likely the credible journalists are talking shit or out of all the defenders and strikers in the world by pure chance we just happen to be interested in Joshua and De Ligt?

“Credible journalists” the amount of crap they have spewed could fill up the grand canyon.

Sure they more “credible” than the other asswipes out there but they are wrong plenty of times.

What is more likely the credible journalists are talking shit or out of all the defenders and strikers in the world by pure chance we just happen to be interested in Joshua and De Ligt?
Wait, so just so I have this clear. We have Athletic saying INEOS have suggested De Ligt, and you are saying "nope, this is driven by Ten Hag, I just know it". That's about right? This probably isn't the best threat to have the sub debate so lets draw a line - but generally you're speaking out of your arse.

Zirkzee has no connection with Ten Hag outside of being from the same nation. Ugarte has no relevance to Ten Hag and nor does Branthwaite. Only one signing has history with Ten Hag and he's seemingly 3rd choice in our center back following - behind Yorro and Todibo, who guess what, have no relevance to Ten Hag.

But yes, lets ignore Athletic and go by what you think, because we had Ten Hag driving signings in a completely different regime so he must be doing the same here. Even though that's reported to not be the case, lets bury our head in the sand and peddle the narrative that we like to believe. Go for it.

Wait, so just so I have this clear. We have Athletic saying INEOS have suggested De Ligt, and you are saying "nope, this is driven by Ten Hag, I just know it". That's about right? This probably isn't the best threat to have the sub debate so lets draw a line - but generally you're speaking out of your arse.

Zirkzee has no connection with Ten Hag outside of being from the same nation. Ugarte has no relevance to Ten Hag and nor does Branthwaite. Only one signing has history with Ten Hag and he's seemingly 3rd choice in our center back following - behind Yorro and Todibo, who guess what, have no relevance to Ten Hag.

But yes, lets ignore Athletic and go by what you think, because we had Ten Hag driving signings in a completely different regime so he must be doing the same here. Even though that's reported to not be the case, lets bury our head in the sand and peddle the narrative that we like to believe. Go for it.

Sorry mate had no idea Athletic was the bible
Can you please ask prophet Ornstein where will Utd finish? I might put some money on it.

your faith on a fecking website is boderline dogmatic.

conspiracy?
Its obvious the manager prefers to recruit guys he’s already worked with even though he’s inexperienced, young and from an average league with his preferred pool of players being mediocre at best.

Calling it a coincidence where the best dude out there just happened to be linked with him is absurd

Ridiculous view. Wonder if your views were the same when United were doing well in 22-23 season.

He is an excellent tactician who is burdened with bad players not suited to his style of play.

Hence he or anyone for that matter would prefer players he knows and will be easier to bed in, in terms of tactics.

Also there's no proof of him having the final word on de ligt. If the player fits the profile, is available for a decent price, experienced and if he has played under ETH, that's a bonus. Not everything has to be a conspiracy.

Players not being first choice at their clubs and having been quality before can resurrect their careers at a different club. Players life De Bruyne, Salah are decent examples of that.

Last edited:
Sorry mate had no idea Athletic was the bible
Can you please ask prophet Ornstein where will Utd finish? I might put some money on it.

your faith on a fecking website is boderline dogmatic.
It doesn't have to be the bible, it just has to be well informed. Better informed than hyperbole junkies working in extremes like you, where everything is a conspiracy and anything else reported from established club links is false prophecy :lol:

You are having an absolute mare today

Quality control
It doesn't have to be the bible, it just has to be well informed. Better informed than hyperbole junkies working in extremes like you, where everything is a conspiracy and anything else reported from established club links is false prophecy :lol:

You are having an absolute mare today

Breaking news: Utd sign their 500th Dutch player
Ornstein dick rider : probably a coincidence you hyperbole junkie

Breaking news: Utd sign their 500th Dutch player
Ornstein dick rider : probably a coincidence you hyperbole junkie
500, OK.
You seem sexually frustrated. You've got some issues mate.

be interesting to see how quickly we get stuff done after tomorrow.
What difference does tomorrow make? There's no rule preventing clubs from agreeing transfers in June (or earlier) only to be made effective July 1.

Should have recruited better ones then no?

He did. It takes time to get the ball rolling, we started decently with it in
22-23 till the carling cup win and took two steps back last season.

A great manager also can have a bad season. Nothing impossible about it.

I am hoping he gets going from the start this season with the right management above him.