Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

I mean he is not exactly jumping at the gun to come is he. I haven’t seen any reports of him wanting the move just that we want him. Its been reported ugarte wants to play for united, why not zirkzee?

edit: do you not remember the de jong saga?
Simple answer; the player himself has basically said he won’t be distracted whilst he is in the euros

Aren't Girona part of the City Group? Would they even deal with us?

I guess a release clause means that anyone can sign the player. Although saying that, no doubt some brown bags will probably scupper the transfer!

Almost like keeping ETH under the pretence of him having no more say over transfers was a terrible idea
ETH's representatives must be contract negotiation experts, because there's no way I buy the idea that most of our transfer targets this summer being Dutch or having previously played in the Dutch league (yet again!) is a mere coincidence.

ETH's representatives must be contract negotiation experts, because there's no way I buy the idea that most of our transfer targets this summer being Dutch or having previously played in the Dutch league (yet again!) is a mere coincidence.
It is a coincidence though? Just so happens they're the cheapest on the market too for their relative position. Branthwaite playing PSV for season is hardly going to have a big influence with Ten Hag and Ugarte, Neves and any LB we've been linked aren't dutch or played in the dutch League.

It's almost like trying to hire Tuchel and getting rejected for lacking ambition/stingy contract offer/diluted say over squad building (delete as appropriate), then forced into going back to Ten Hag and grovelling for forgiveness, has left Ineos with a big power deficit over the man they wanted to sack.

You still living in fantasy land :lol:

Has there been much to be positive about with our transfer strategy or our results over the last 11 years?

Yeah there’s been positives over the last 11 years, just not as many as we’ve been used to. More than most other clubs mind so its good not to appear too spoilt.

Yeah there’s been positives over the last 11 years, just not as many as we’ve been used to. More than most other clubs mind so its good not to appear too spoilt.
That's where we disagree then. Relative to our resources and amount invested, it's been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster. All I'm asking for is a cohesive strategy that enables us to get a reasonable return on our investment - hardly "spoilt".

That's where we disagree then. Relative to our resources and amount invested, it's been nothing short of an unmitigated disaster. All I'm asking for is a cohesive strategy that enables us to get a reasonable return on our investment - hardly "spoilt".

United’s history ran before Sir Alex and has gone on beyond his period. There’s been ups and downs.

Those being negative now, despite the fact we’ve finally seen the Glazers power being reduced for the first time, just need to relax and see how things pan out.

Those than want and expect glory immediately need to be realistic. Enjoy the good (which there is still plenty of) and hopefully the bad becomes less and less. It’s only football. Life’s too short.

Gotta say, i’m more reserved about our transfer rumours this years than the last 10 years. Most rumours, like de Ligt and Zirkzee i think would be horrible. de Ligt would be against everything Ineos said they will do, and Zirkzee looks underwhelming. Not really a big talent, and not really the finished product. Just… meh…

Trying to not be negative Nathan, but guess the last 10 years has made me ready to be positively surprised…

Gotta say, i’m more reserved about our transfer rumours this years than the last 10 years. Most rumours, like de Ligt and Zirkzee i think would be horrible. de Ligt would be against everything Ineos said they will do, and Zirkzee looks underwhelming. Not really a big talent, and not really the finished product. Just… meh…

Trying to not be negative Nathan, but guess the last 10 years has made me ready to be positively surprised…
I agree on Zirkzee but not de Ligt. I think there's a lot of merit in that signing.

He hasn’t had the best season, but Locatelli on a loan could be an excellent squad option while freeing up funds for elsewhere.

Ugarte and Locatelli with Mainoo, Mount, Bruno and Scotty would give us great options for the season.

Is there anything in that article about United being interested? If not then this tweet shouldn't be in here.

Im with you here to an extent but we also have to be realistic. Ashworth Wilcox and Berrada will see the mistakes we’ve made thinking we can buy success with one mega transfer every summer or two while neglecting fundamentals that all the best teams and best run clubs have. On the pitch Aggression, leadership, players who offer the manager different options stylistically and quality backup/healthy competition throughout the squad. Off the pitch we have neglected everything compared to our rivals.

We aren’t going to be able to sign and bed in enough of the kind of players we need to challenge for the title for the next year or two. That’s a fact given the financial situation and the mess the club is currently in. What we can do with a few sensible transfer windows is firmly reestablish ourselves as a CL/top 4 club every season and then tweak things to kick on once we are solid on the pitch and more attractive as a destination to the most professional footballers who other clubs will want too. Look at city. They had endless cash and no rules around spending but they had been poorly run for years. It took them years to build a serious and dominant team. It’ll take years of sensible building to get us back near the top. Even if we could go out and buy 11 new players this summer chances are only half of them are going to work out. If we can get 2 or 3 out of 4 or 5 right this summer we will be doing well and should hopefully be back in the top 4 with a refurbished training ground and major plans for a new stadium on the horizon. Not the worst! Fingers crossed.

I agree on Zirkzee but not de Ligt. I think there's a lot of merit in that signing.
Zirksee, as argued because he’s not good enough.
De Ligt, though slightly younger than previous high end transfers, would still get the bill of Juve/Bayern cast-off, not good enough for them, why good enough for us? Not on an upwards curve career-wise. Injury-concerns. High wages. Lots og red flags if you follow the expected Ineos-book here…
I’d think any high-wage-signings we’ll do onwards will be of a different caliber. Branthwaite would fit the bill if he had one more convincing year. We’d give a young Wayne Rooney a good deal under Ineos, but not a Schweinsteiger or Casemiro…

If De Ligt is as good as his wages suggest surely Real would be in for him? They’ll go for Davies next year and give him a huge deal. If De ligt was better than what they had he’d be going there next. There are red flags with this deal but we have to take calculated gambles this summer. On the plus side He’s got leadership and bags of experience while still being young. Bayern fans love him and they aren’t going to be easy to please in general. To be fair saying that all Bayern fans on here would have loved Dortmund Sancho too. Anyway, I’d imagine this dude is a consummate professional and a winner so It’s worth the gamble. He’ll be one the other players will surely be excited and encouraged to see coming in.

If De Ligt is as good as his wages suggest surely Real would be in for him? They’ll go for Davies next year and give him a huge deal. If De ligt was better than what they had he’d be going there next. There are red flags with this deal but we have to take gambles this summer. On the plus side He’s got leadership and bags of experience while still being young. Bayern fans love him and they aren’t going to be easy to please in general. To be fair saying that all Bayern fans on here would have probably taken Dortmund Sancho too. Anyway, I’d imagine this dude is a consummate professional and a winner so It’s worth the gamble
They are getting Yoro who by all accounts we were looking at as well. And Real Madrid look to be in the business of getting players to sign for them on a free, they won't be spending any money on De Ligt.

They are getting Yoro who by all accounts we were looking at as well. And Real Madrid look to be in the business of getting players to sign for them on a free, they won't be spending any money on De Ligt.

Yoro will probably go there for a similar fee this summer and Real will most likely end up with the better player getting all the plaudits long term but it’s easier look good in that team once you’re a regular starter. Saying that I think De Ligt is good and he still has some improvement in him once he settles down long term at a club. My feeling is If he signs he will be an important player for us. Future captain job.

Yoro will probably go there for a similar fee this summer and Real will most likely end up with the better player getting all the plaudits long term but it’s easier look good in that team once you’re a regular starter. Saying that I think De Ligt is good and he still has some improvement in him once he settles down long term at a club. My feeling is If he signs he will be an important player for us. Future captain job.

Yoro will either move late in the window, or on a free next summer. Real have said they don't have the money for him at the moment and asked him to wait.

Yoro will either move late in the window, or on a free next summer. Real have said they don't have the money for him at the moment and asked him to wait.
Pretty much this. Yoro would have already been a Real Madrid player if they payed up. Lille have also told that he is up sale. The only delay is Madrid don't want to pay up. Presumably having spent all their money on Mbappe.

Just thinking about it there. Martinez, De Ligt, Ugarte are the kind of dominant players who can really bully attackers again. That’s a giant upgrade in the spine and engine room. Branthwaite fits that bill too. I’m happy, I’ve been banging this drum for years.

Yoro is out the picture, he was never in the picture so I don’t know why people keep bringing him up as a potential signing. Bottom line is if Real Madrid get involved chances are the player is going there, that’s just the way it is. We might market ourselves as the biggest club in the world but everyone knows deep down it’s Real. That said there’s no reason we can’t turn ourselves into their main rivals for that title, if we’re run in the right way we’ve got the potential to grow even further, the ground works been laid, it just needs someone with the determination and the vision to make it happen. Whether INEOS are the people to do that remains to be seen.

You work for the club don't you?

That's your best response? Come on mate. Things are the club have changed and more change is to come. We all know it's been shit but even if Ineos compile an amazing backroom team these things take time.

This idea that the Ineos are worse than then Glazers and we're dawdling is pure fear based on the past. It's a clean slate now and yes they have to deliver but it probably won't be immediately.

If things go exceptionally well we'll be challenging within two seasons but it definitely won't be next year so set your expectations accordingly.

If De Ligt is as good as his wages suggest surely Real would be in for him? They’ll go for Davies next year and give him a huge deal. If De ligt was better than what they had he’d be going there next. There are red flags with this deal but we have to take calculated gambles this summer. On the plus side He’s got leadership and bags of experience while still being young. Bayern fans love him and they aren’t going to be easy to please in general. To be fair saying that all Bayern fans on here would have loved Dortmund Sancho too. Anyway, I’d imagine this dude is a consummate professional and a winner so It’s worth the gamble. He’ll be one the other players will surely be excited and encouraged to see coming in.
Good post especially the point about him being a calculated gamble. I wouldn't be against it all. Adding another experienced head in there (we lost Varane) along with a youngster in Branthwaite (also tried for Yoro) is a good move.