Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

And we really shouldn't sign either given price tags, wages and other available options.
Who are those do you think? Todibo has been ruled out (pending appeal). And Yoro reportedly much prefers Real Madrid. If you rule out Branthwaite and De Ligt (which is valid given their prices / wages / injury issues with the latter) then who do you think we should move on to?

Is he not at the Copa America? Usually transfers drag out for players at tournaments
As long as the player's agent/camp on the same page as the player himself, then this shouldn't take too long to advance. What will take a while is the completion of the deal, which will most likely require Ugarte himself to be involved.

There's a lot of talk about who Ten Hag wants, with this and De Ligt. Seems we forgot to add a scouting department still and the manager is still calling the shots.
I do think Zirkzee is being looked at purely for style of play. He ain’t the clinical goalscorer we all crave. But he’ll improve our wingers and we’ll probably play our best football like we did with Martial leading the line.

Will be pleasantly surprised if we sign anyone before end of July
I’m expecting to have at least 1 new signing. Possibly 2 by mid July. I mean we’re talking to a few players already and it’s not the beginning of July yet.

If we get the striker, midfielder and two centre backs we are linked with. A big if. Then that's a big improvement to the squad.

The left back one divides me a bit. Clearly we can't have another season like last in that position and surely we'd be unlucky to do so. But then signing a new one really leaves little path through for Amass who by all accounts has a decent chance of making it. I suppose if he's fit and Martinez isn't then Shaw is likely covering left centre back.

We need to target more players with (reasonable) release clauses. Saves us being taken to the cleaners by twatish clubs like BvB, Ajax and Bayern.

The left back one divides me a bit. Clearly we can't have another season like last in that position and surely we'd be unlucky to do so. But then signing a new one really leaves little path through for Amass who by all accounts has a decent chance of making it. I suppose if he's fit and Martinez isn't then Shaw is likely covering left centre back.
Shaw can’t complete a full season anymore, ETH has already told us that. Sell malacia and there would still be ample opportunity for Amass, even with a new LB

Shaw can’t complete a full season anymore, ETH has already told us that. Sell malacia and there would still be ample opportunity for Amass, even with a new LB

No-one is taking Malacia permanently having not kicked a ball for a season. It would be a loan at best if we took that route.

Who are those do you think? Todibo has been ruled out (pending appeal). And Yoro reportedly much prefers Real Madrid. If you rule out Branthwaite and De Ligt (which is valid given their prices / wages / injury issues with the latter) then who do you think we should move on to?
We should sign Ghuei over De Ligt, wages alone Gheui will be £6-7.5m per year, De Ligt will want £13-15m, non starter unless he’s £25m transfer.

We should sign Ghuei over De Ligt, wages alone Gheui will be £6-7.5m per year, De Ligt will want £13-15m, non starter unless he’s £25m transfer.

Do you want to compete for lowest wage cb partnership, or do you want to compete for cups and the PL? Better players cost more money.

I don't really care either way but what proof do you have that he "clearly" wants milan?
Personal terms havent been agreed yet and its been reported by fabrizio that the only stumbling block for him going to milan is the agent fee so hes obviously agreed terms with milan…

plus he already lives in italy and milan have champions league football. I know we are a bigger club but we should move onto targets that actually want to to come here

Personal terms havent been agreed yet and its been reported by fabrizio that the only stumbling block for him going to milan is the agent fee so hes obviously agreed terms with milan…

plus he already lives in italy and milan have champions league football. I know we are a bigger club but we should move onto targets that actually want to to come here

And how do you know he wouldn't want to come?

And how do you know he wouldn't want to come?
I mean he is not exactly jumping at the gun to come is he. I haven’t seen any reports of him wanting the move just that we want him. Its been reported ugarte wants to play for united, why not zirkzee?

edit: do you not remember the de jong saga?