Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

I'm shocked Sancho hasn't found a new club yet. Twitter told me he was the 2nd coming of Messi after his game vs PSG.

fully expect us to announce a new partnership with a clog manufacturer, and to install windmills on top of OT at this rate.

Maybe we'll sell space cakes in the refreshment stands, and have a red light district out the back of the bogs
Stroopwafels and Heineken :drool:

So, he scores one goal against Germany & now he's the best thing since sliced bread in INEOS eyes, good grief. :rolleyes:
Just some information for you , I wouldn’t be reading into much information on 95% of the tweets posted on here until deadline. Most of them are click bait.

Considering our tiny transfer budget and how little we are being offered for him I wouldn't be surprised if INEOS are trying to orchestrate his return.

At the very least, he will return and train with United in the pre-season and they will judge the mood then. If they do end up selling him, they need to try to suggest to prospective buyers that they do have an option to keep him otherwise all we will get is lowball offers.
It’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it but it’s complete BS. He’s never coming back to
the club and will never train again with us.

Chelsea always seem to be one step ahead of the game when it comes to transfer rules.

In the Roman era they shoveled in a shit tonne of cash before FFP.

When they got the transfer ban/ embargo they managed to get Kovacic in somehow.

They managed to get a fair chunk of this current squad on ridiculous 8 year amortised contracts to bypass FFP.

The sale of Maatsen and the Villa transfer the other way is dodgy af, yet they’ve got it over the line before this new transfer rule.

Good, but dont think anything will come of it on the transfers that have happened already might make clubs think twice about doing it from now.
None would have happened yet? They can't actually be registered until July 1st, so they're warning them to think about it before they plan to register it with the league.

If we hire a coach who's prepared to give Ten Hag a slap if we attempt to revert back to our horrific midfield structure from last season then great.

None would have happened yet? They can't actually be registered until July 1st, so they're warning them to think about it before they plan to register it with the league.
Not true, the PL's registration period started in mid June. For most other European leagues, registration doesn't open until July 1.

Not true, the PL's registration period started in mid June. For most other European leagues, registration doesn't open until July 1.
I stand corrected. I still don't think any of these PSR transfers have been made official, have they?

Ah yeah, forgot they cant be registered yet.

I stand corrected. I still don't think any of these PSR transfers have been made official, have they?
Don't think so. Would be hilarious if they didn't make it over the finish line in time, and the clubs were all stuck with players they didn't want, without any 2023-24 PSR benefit.

It's perfectly possible to sell a player while we cover parts of his wages - not ideal for us but better than a loan.

Yes, it is if we can find a willing buyer, which I doubt we will. We are in a situation similar to Atletico is in with Joao Felix or Arsenal were in with Nicolas Pepe. He is a similarly expensively bought dud on high wages that they are/were having a tough time shifting and now only send on loans to cover the wages.

He was discarded by a manager that we have decided to continue with. Teams know that we are in a bind. From a financial stand point Sancho is still a ~ £30m expense on the books (Amortized fee + wages) for the next two years. On top of that, his time with us has killed the hype that came with him. Teams realize that he is not a transformational player (or a "generational talent" :rolleyes:) but a useful squad option. BVB or Juve see him as a useful filler for their squads that they can get on loan, not a player that they want to pay a transfer fee for on top of a 4-5 year contract.

A loan helps us and it helps them. It helps us get rid of his hefty wages & cover some of our losses and it helps them get a good player for their squads for a year.

If I had to bet, Sancho will go on loans for the next two years and then sign for a mid-table PL club or go to Saudi for a payday.

Just a thought about Varane.

He's being linked to clubs like newly promoted Como. My guess is he will only be getting a fraction of the wages he got at United.

Could we not have just offered him say £100k a week and he wouldnt have had to uproot his family and potentially miss out on more trophies for the same pay abroad?

Yes he's injury prone, but the last few games he had at United were fantastic and if we can get half a season out of him it would be worth keeping for another year instead of blowing £40m to replace him + still needing another CB.

A more calm start to the transfer window than i expected. Adding Ruud to the coachingstaff is a bit feelgood i guess, but not sure how it will improve our performances though.

At least we are not linked to any big names at the end of their peak years, that is comforting.

He's being linked to clubs like newly promoted Como. My guess is he will only be getting a fraction of the wages he got at United.

Could we not have just offered him say £100k a week and he wouldnt have had to uproot his family and potentially miss out on more trophies for the same pay abroad?

Yes he's injury prone, but the last few games he had at United were fantastic and if we can get half a season out of him it would be worth keeping for another year instead of blowing £40m to replace him + still needing another CB.

I thought the rumour was that he didn't want to take a paycut at United. Similar to DDG who would probably jump at the chance to sign for a quarter of what he was on now.

But I'm sure a bunch of poster will say the complete opposite to my post...truth is we will never know what happens with most of these deals.

Chelsea always seem to be one step ahead of the game when it comes to transfer rules.

In the Roman era they shoveled in a shit tonne of cash before FFP.

When they got the transfer ban/ embargo they managed to get Kovacic in somehow.

They managed to get a fair chunk of this current squad on ridiculous 8 year amortised contracts to bypass FFP.

The sale of Maatsen and the Villa transfer the other way is dodgy af, yet they’ve got it over the line before this new transfer rule.
Whilst I hate Chelsea, I also think fair play to them. If only we had the foresight to play within the rules.

As it stands, we can't even sign Tobibo or Thuram.

Isn't Alfie Daughty a left back?
Yeah he's a LWB. He has and can played as a RWB but it's not his position and he's much better on the left. It would make zero sense for him to be on any shortlist for RBs.

Maguire is better. May as well bring back Woodward if this is the new level of scouting.

He was on 300k+ he would probably not have accepted 100k. There was an option to extend which we didn‘t take.