Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Are people seriously bothered by a manager getting a new contract ? The only difference that makes is it he gets £4m or £6m if he gets fired

Are people seriously bothered by a manager getting a new contract ? The only difference that makes is it he gets £4m or £6m if he gets fired

It's totally normal. There will likely be some sort of role amendments etc which would warrant an amended contract anyway. If they are changing the role title then it will also likely get a new contract by default because you're essentially making the old role redundant.

My current employers have 'given me a new contract' multiple times. For a range of reasons but one was literally just a change in the role title and like I said, that effectively meant the previous role was redundant.

But media use certain words, content creators talk about issues they don't have information or experience with and this drives a narrative that the general population then eat up.

Of course it will, but this is United we don’t do learning from mistakes

The other club is obviously Chelsea - they want to be involved in all transfers.
In their defence, they were in for him before he went PSG. Then again, who are they not in for at any given point in time.

Why are we giving ETH a new contract? Surely will come to bite us in the ass when we have to pay him a huge severance fee when we almost inevitably sack him...
To answer your question: INEOS have changed the way things are run and manager's role in general.

So they need a new legally binding document that reflects all of these changes.

What would a decent fee be? And would it be worth the points deduction they'd inevitably get for paying it?

Yes. The answer is yes. Please buy them, Everton. Please!

€30m sounds a fair price.

both have only 1 year left of their contract and have higher wages than clubs normally pay for similar players and they are only squad options for us

35 million + Lindelöf. Not selling AWB until we at least have one more full-back in place

35 million + Lindelöf. Not selling AWB until we at least have one more full-back in place

Nah, sell him while there is concrete interest in him and figure it out afterwards. Plenty of time to get a replacement.

Why are we giving ETH a new contract? Surely will come to bite us in the ass when we have to pay him a huge severance fee when we almost inevitably sack him...
We don’t have a choice after deciding to keep him. Not giving him one makes it look like we don’t think it’s going to succeed. I’m pretty sure it’ll have break clauses in, for example if he doesn’t make the champions league, there’s minimal compensation.

He's from Uruguay. Chances are he'll say something racist after we've had him a week and we'll have to ban him for half the season.

Is this a new rule? If not, how do the Red Bull group get around it? Salzburg sold Sesko and Seiwald to Leipzig at the beginning of last season, despite both being in the Champions League.

There must be more to it. City Group and Red Bull have no issues making transfers. Think Watford and Udinese never had issues either.

My guess is we were proposing to do something ridiculously unfair to give us freedom with FFP/PSR. £40m paid across 10 years or something :lol: