Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Yes and despite what some are saying his wages are not prohibitive. I’d take minimum 17m, anything less and we’ve been shafted

Disagree. Very few clubs outside the top CL and PL clubs pay more than £15 mill for a fullback. There are exceptions when it is clearly a very big talent, but that is not the case for AWB. Furthermore, he only have one year left on his current deal.

Reguilon is a similar case. Levy is rumoured to be one of the best negotiaters in the game, but he will sell him for less than £10 mill.

Disagree. Very few clubs outside the top CL and PL clubs pay more than £15 mill for a fullback. There are exceptions when it is clearly a very big talent, but that is not the case for AWB. Furthermore, he only have one year left on his current deal.

Reguilon is a similar case. Levy is rumoured to be one of the best negotiaters in the game, but he will sell him for less than £10 mill.
He’s shite though

Yeah for Manchester United. Not for the rest of Europe. £90k a week is putting him in the top 5 earners at the vast majority of European clubs.
90k is pre tax though. Essentially he's on 60k compared to those issued in other leagues as most of the time they post after tax figures.

One of the main reasons for our decline after Fergie’s retirement has been the signing of the wrong players. We need to sign upcoming young players who can immediately strengthen the starting XI in this window. The emphasis should be on quality over quantity. If we don’t sign Leny Yoro and Joao Neves in this window, I would start to lose faith in my renewed optimism.

You make it sound like that those signings are a formality and could be done in a flash if we wanted. In reality all the noise is about Yoro wanting Madrid so he'll turn us and everyone else down. And Neves is a huge prospect who loads of clubs surely follow, but comes with an insane price tag that we really can't afford to be paying with so many other positions of need. So yeah, prepare to be disappointed.

£17m is too low obviously, but I do like the precedent a 50% sell on clause sets.

We'll need to pay 20% of that 50% to Getafe
Why? So we need to pay getafe now if we sell him to lazio and then we need to pay on the next transaction to getafe as well if lazio sells geenwood to someone else? How does that work?

All these targets are so bloody underwhelming. Neither look like they will improve us, except Neves.

Next season isnt just about signings. Its about players stepping up and staying fit. Garnacho, Amad, Mainoo and Hojlund you'd think will be even better. Onana is settled now hopefully. Martinez is back Hopefully Mount is fit. Bruno looks as good as he's ever been. We dont need drastic signings or 5 or 6, like under Van Gaal. We need additions to make this starting 11 gel and get a run of games and the take the pressure off the regular starters somewhat. Neves and Brainthwaite are a must.

Another summer of teams quoting us feck off fees for their players while lowballing us for ours. The whole football world thinks we're a joke and we're going to have to work hard to change that perspective.

People seemingly dont understand that the only people who want to buy Greenwood are teams who care so little about PR and general perception, that they dont have money to spend big. Madrid, Chelsea and PSG arent trying to buy him. He's a detriment to any football club because of the shit storm that comes with it.

You can’t even buy Jordon fecking Ibe for £17 million or that dud Rhian Brewster.
We should go in with a €50m plus Mason Greenwood for Osimhen and tell them we value MG at €65m so that’s a €115m deal and they get the player that’s 2/3 years you gr but we want 25% of any sell on Greenwood!

Let me think about this, the total fee for Zirkzee £47m including Agent Fees or the same plus Greenwood for Osimhen

Greenwood plus Zirkzee Wages are probably £200-250k

Osimhen on £250-300k plus goal bonus !

We should go in with a €50m plus Mason Greenwood for Osimhen and tell them we value MG at €65m so that’s a €115m deal and they get the player that’s 2/3 years you gr but we want 25% of any sell on Greenwood!

Let me think about this, the total fee for Zirkzee £47m including Agent Fees or the same plus Greenwood for Osimhen

Greenwood plus Zirkzee Wages are probably £200-250k

Osimhen on £250-300k plus goal bonus !
Sir Jim won’t be in till the afternoon, @Woziak. I’ll make sure he gets your message

Tier 2 (Ben Jacobs):

Not that I believe everything I read, but given a choice between Real and us the players goes one way and it is not towards Manchester, I thought he had already made his intentions clear.... yeah ok we could be offering more but that interests the club not the player