Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

15 million is too low. No way you can justify that, should be at least 25 million.

15 million is too low. No way you can justify that, should be at least 25 million.

No one is spending 25 million on him in the last year of his contract whether thats his value or not.

I reckon we will be selling a good few players below value just to move them on.

So long as they don’t spend 15M to loan a right back on the last day of the window, it’s ok for a one dimensional fullback with a year left on his deal.

He's on high wages for just a squad player too. On a good day if he was on decent wages you could fetch 25mil give or take but 1 year left on deal 90k plus a week, I think 15mil is good.

He's on high wages for just a squad player too. On a good day if he was on decent wages you could fetch 25mil give or take but 1 year left on deal 90k plus a week, I think 15mil is good.
How about £8.5m which is what they want to pay allegedly?

So long as they don’t spend 15M to loan a right back on the last day of the window, it’s ok for a one dimensional fullback with a year left on his deal.
Very good tackler and not horrible on the ball. Only 27, good squad option for us, this price makes no sense.

Very good tackler and not horrible on the ball. Only 27, good squad option for us, this price makes no sense.
If he commits to being a squad option, that’s ok but maybe he sees himself playing more and he can’t get ahead of Dalot. If we get a non sicknote left back next season, there’s even fewer chances as Ten Hag hardly rotates.

Unless you can buy a RB for cheaper than what you sell AWB its a bad idea. We need cash, why take a low fee, and then turn back around and have to spend even more for a squad player.

No one is spending 25 million on him in the last year of his contract whether thats his value or not.

I reckon we will be selling a good few players below value just to move them on.
Then keep him: we have bigger holes to plug in the squad. It would be a dumb move unless we have a cheap replacement lined up.

We don‘t.

Then keep him: we have bigger holes to plug in the squad. It would be a dumb move unless we have a cheap replacement lined up.

We don‘t.

Yeah it does seem a bit bizarre to create another hole in a squad full of them already by selling a player from one of the few positions we actually have cover in.

Unless things are so grim that selling him for any cash at all is seen as a lesser of two evils.

One of the main reasons for our decline after Fergie’s retirement has been the signing of the wrong players. We need to sign upcoming young players who can immediately strengthen the starting XI in this window. The emphasis should be on quality over quantity. If we don’t sign Leny Yoro and Joao Neves in this window, I would start to lose faith in my renewed optimism.

Every time we finally manage to shift some deadwood, comments like these come up

He's not deadwood. He's one of - if not the best - defensive right backs in the league and a decent squad player. Sure, he's not going to take us to the top but he is a very good fullback and absolutely belongs in the Premier League. How many 26 year old Premier League players do you see that sells for £7m? It would be embarrassing to sell him for that amount.

You can't have 22 world class players in the squad and expect that to work. You need squad players that can contribute. What do you expect to get out from this sale? We sell Wan-Bissaka, and we're only left with Dalot as right back. What happens if he gets injured or he needs to be rotated? Who do we play? I would be on board with this if we could get like £20m, but £7m?

Unless you can buy a RB for cheaper than what you sell AWB its a bad idea. We need cash, why take a low fee, and then turn back around and have to spend even more for a squad player.
Not quite. We will have the cash but it's PSR that needs to be considered.

If we sell AWB for 15M and buy a replacement for 20M on a four year contract on same wages, that would be a net positive in the year of 10M.

With PSR, academy players and players past their initial contract length have become far more saleable.

strange to sell him. with so many issues, dalot and wan bissaka is a reliable pairing for right back with dalot as the starter. not sure who we'd get so cheap that would be a better back up

A lot of our supposed targets seemingly show a somewhat scattershot if of an approach assuming the reports are true.

Hope they pull of a surprise like the barrada appointment where we all were taken by surprise and in a good way.

£20 million please.

I still wouldn’t sell him for 20 million. For that money surely all the lower clubs in the PL would be queuing up. He’s being undervalued on here. I think he’s worth 25 but realise his contract situation is precarious. At his best he’s a really good player for a team that needs to defend. He’s got a decent injury record and he’s still quite young and he’s very experienced now.

Feel like no one knows what we're doing beyond the interest in Brantwaite which was genuine.

Are we even interested in Zirkzee? Or is the agent just using us?

He's a square peg in a round hole. Thats not a good squad option.
Don‘t agree, he is just better defensively as offensively. His dribbling on the ball is actually quite good.

Good squad option that is not replaced easily.

Haven't seen him playing in France but he always looks below average with Canada. He doesn't look anything special to be honest, not really young either so I don't know what the deal with him. Got decent numbers in league 1 so maybe it's just a case of a player not performing with his country.

Yeah we could have got more but overall its a good deal IMO. He makes too much money compared to output so it was expected that we would have to take big haircut on the transfer fee. Nearly £5m in annual wages off the books in addition to a fee is decent IMO.
He’s one of the lowest paid senior squad members

To put his salary into context only McT and Evans get paid less per week from the senior players. Everyone else is on 120k per week or higher

I still wouldn’t sell him for 20 million. For that money surely all the lower clubs in the PL would be queuing up. He’s being undervalued on here. I think he’s worth 25 but realise his contract situation is precarious. At his best he’s a really good player for a team that needs to defend. He’s got a decent injury record and he’s still quite young and he’s very experienced now.
Yes and despite what some are saying his wages are not prohibitive. I’d take minimum 17m, anything less and we’ve been shafted