Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

I'd not be shocked if we bought only one or two players for fees this summer.

A CB to replace Varane and a forward player.

We desperately need a CM but I reckon it'll be a free transfer, someone like Rabiot.

Hes also not a personality that would be happy to be on the bench and rotate, from what people have said.
Exactly plus at £17-18m he’s one of those deals that can hardly go wrong!

The players we’ve been linked to feel like a Football Manager shortlist. Just need to add Roony Bardghi.

Kerkez
Yoro
Branthwaite
Neves
Xavi Simons
Zirkzee
If we signed 3 from that list it would be a 7/10 window.

If we signed 3 from that list it would be a 7/10 window.
Only the time will tell if it would be 7/10 or not. We've seen transfer windows which on paper are 10/10 or 9/10 and year later we complain how incompetent the management is to take such failures. So many big players failed at united... let's hope we can turn around this trend.

Only the time will tell if it would be 7/10 or not. We've seen transfer windows which on paper are 10/10 or 9/10 and year later we complain how incompetent the management is to take such failures.
Exactly this. Someone made a comment in the ‘gems’ thread about how all the suggestions were better than what the club come up with.

It’s easy to look great theoretically!

We need heavy investment in our attack as well. Some wingers and fullbacks. Kinda worrying not seen too many rumours for those positions.

If Rashford has another shite season its goodbye top four again.

We need heavy investment in our attack as well. Some wingers and fullbacks. Kinda worrying not seen too many rumours for those positions.

If Rashford has another shite season its goodbye top four again.
Its hard to justify spending on a winger when we have to get rid of at least 3, and possibly a 4th one before we even have enough playing time for all of them. Sancho, Greenwood, Pellistri all need to go, and then you still have Antony who'd probably be unhappy with the lack of playing time if another winger was bought.

Its hard to justify spending on a winger when we have to get rid of at least 3, and possibly a 4th one before we even have enough playing time for all of them. Sancho, Greenwood, Pellistri all need to go, and then you still have Antony who'd probably be unhappy with the lack of playing time if another winger was bought.

And I'm sure everyone would just feel awful about that. I'd volunteer to play my world's smallest violin as he sobs on the bench

I wish I had one more like to my posts, to be able to media, and post that Robbie from AFTV video where he screams - Sign some players :)

I wish I had one more like to my posts, to be able to media, and post that Robbie from AFTV video where he screams - Sign some players
Just wait until we line up with Lindelof at LB and Maguire and Evans at CB again next season :devil:

Seen a tweet about how over inflated these fees are for youth players that seem to be moving between villa, Chelsea, Newcastle and Everton. Could they be getting round the PSR rules by helping each other out? Considering the youth players we have sold off in the past worth more on paper than some of these players moving between the clubs.

Seen a tweet about how over inflated these fees are for youth players that seem to be moving between villa, Chelsea, Newcastle and Everton. Could they be getting round the PSR rules by helping each other out? Considering the youth players we have sold off in the past worth more on paper than some of these players moving between the clubs.
That's almost certainly what they're doing

Clever way of bypassing the rules but obvious for all to see and will inevitably end up with more restrictions being placed upon the league, next thing they will be deciding the transfer fees.
Could be something like a third-party auditor assessing book values of players, independent of the fee that's actually been agreed

That’s a horrible deal. He’s a good squad player
Yeah we could have got more but overall its a good deal IMO. He makes too much money compared to output so it was expected that we would have to take big haircut on the transfer fee. Nearly £5m in annual wages off the books in addition to a fee is decent IMO.

15m is not bad imo for a player of his quality and in the last year of his contract.

Still surprised that he'd go to Turkey. Would have thought he'd have quite a few suitors in the bottom half of the table. Maybe he wants to play CL football?

Strange link.

15m is not bad imo for a player of his quality and in the last year of his contract.

Still surprised that he'd go to Turkey. Would have thought he'd have quite a few suitors in the bottom half of the table. Maybe he wants to play CL football?

Strange link.

CL football, nice part of the world and probably been sold on the move by his friend Zaha that is playing there.