Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Apologies if my post was somewhat aggressive. I'm just fed up of all these FIFA/Championship Manager scenarios people keep dreaming up on here.

We will only get decent money for our players if they're sold to the Premier League or Saudi.
It's not a dream. Casemiro is heavily linked to a £34m move away and I rounded down to £30m. I also didn't factor in much of a fee for wan bissaka or even consider Sanchos exit. Being off by say 7-10m in a Lindelof sale really doesn't take away from my post, which was in no way a dream scenario.

No chance we get the bolded amount for Lindelof. Fred money at best.

Some people have absolutely no common sense when valuing transfers. Have a look at average transfer fees in the Turkish league.
Greenwood will also probably be only 30m including add-ons

Greenwood will also probably be only 30m including add-ons
Lindelof, Maguire, McTominay and AwB should be the players we look to sell at any given opportunity because of their assortment of physical, technical and tactical limitations. It's now time to make Kambwala sink or swim in terms of earning a squad place and a contract that reflects that. We shouldn't keep no-hopers just for the sake of it.

We should go back to the Fergie playbook in which we filled out the squad the youth team graduates who will be on low wages and cost no fees. This is why our entry into the INEOS group will benefit us, instead of sending our kids to League 1 where they don't get played we could send them to Loussane (sp) for a year or two, to Nice for a season and then bring them into the squad when they are ready. Having Brailsford as the coordinator at INEOS would help and both clubs will benefit.

It's not a dream. Casemiro is heavily linked to a £34m move away and I rounded down to £30m. I also didn't factor in much of a fee for wan bissaka or even consider Sanchos exit. Being off by say 7-10m in a Lindelof sale really doesn't take away from my post, which was in no way a dream scenario.
When I said "some people" I wasn't just referring to you.

As for Casemiro, I very much doubt we will get 30m despite reports.

Apologies again if I came across as a dick in my original reply.

When I said "some people" I wasn't just referring to you.

As for Casemiro, I very much doubt we will get 30m despite reports.

Apologies again if I came across as a dick in my original reply.
It's all good, wel have to wait and see. I think wel get good money for Casemiro as he's a legend, he'd be a massive name in Saudi.

I'm assuming here Lindelof would be OK for a pay cut knowing he'd play regularly + be under Jose who really likes him.
If they can take him for 15-20m
Yea there's no chance we get anywhere that amount. He also has only 1 year left on his contract so it will be cheap if this deal goes through.

How did City manage to buy Savio then?
If i’m not mistaken, Sávio was on loan to Girona from Troyes FC (Also City Football Group). So, while Girona and City are both in CL, the transfer is really from Troyes to City. Shows the flaws of the system though, and that ownership should be the only thing that matters if there is to be restrictions, regardless if which competitions they participate in.
As for someones suggested solution of transferring via a 3rd team, i think a players registration can only change once pr transfer window (haven’t bothered finding a source for that, but it should be easy enough i guess).
Maybe a loan with obligation to buy could ve the way out. In essence a sale to Lausanne-> loan to United with obligation to buy in january (to avoid same problem next summer/window)

If i’m not mistaken, Sávio was on loan to Girona from Troyes FC (Also City Football Group). So, while Girona and City are both in CL, the transfer is really from Troyes to City. Shows the flaws of the system though, and that ownership should be the only thing that matters if there is to be restrictions, regardless if which competitions they participate in.
As for someones suggested solution of transferring via a 3rd team, i think a players registration can only change once pr transfer window (haven’t bothered finding a source for that, but it should be easy enough i guess).
Maybe a loan with obligation to buy could ve the way out. In essence a sale to Lausanne-> loan to United with obligation to buy in january (to avoid same problem next summer/window)

My entire knowledge about player registration comes from Football Manager, but if its a realistic as I believe it to be, a player can be registered at no more than 2 clubs per season.

So if Todibo was never registered at Nice for the season, then was sold to another club, there shouldn't be an issue with him then being loaned and registering in the PL before the deadline.

Also the club loaning him wouldn't even need to register him. He could just be there.

Silly idea though, would never happen

I think that you can't see logic, because your mind is driven by hate.
Oh bloody hell, your another one that has no issue with what's he's done are you? I'll end any conversation we're having right here so.

Can’t we just pull out of Europa? Nobody wants to be in it anyway.. can’t believe winning the F.A Cup has actually stopped us signing a player we need, that’s pretty ridiculous all things considered

Can’t we just pull out of Europa? Nobody wants to be in it anyway.. can’t believe winning the F.A Cup has actually stopped us signing a player we need, that’s pretty ridiculous all things considered
Probably our best chance of getting back into the champions league though (depending on who we sign/sell)

Midweek games are the ones most likely me and the lad can get decent tickets to! All about the Europa this season

Branthwaithe is too expensive. I‘d go for De Ligt, we would see him rediscover his Ajax form. Juve and Bayern didn‘t get the best out of him. His passing ability and progressive dribbling have been under utilized.

We can get him at a cut price (40 instead of 80 million €) whereas Branthwaithe will cost 70£ pounds probably. It may be a shrewd deal.

The fact that someone is a former eredivisie player shouldn‘t matter. Get over yourselves, Ronaldo9 was eredivisie.

In this case, it is an advantage; we know what Ten Hag can get out of him.

He's prone to injury although he is a very competent defender. It would have been good to sign him before he went to Italy.
I'm not sure these days. We need boots on the pitch.

He's prone to injury although he is a very competent defender. It would have been good to sign him before he went to Italy.
I'm not sure these days. We need boots on the pitch.
That could be a valid concern.

Apologies if my post was somewhat aggressive. I'm just fed up of all these FIFA/Championship Manager scenarios people keep dreaming up on here.

We will only get decent money for our players if they're sold to the Premier League or Saudi.

It's better than the swap deals nonsense you would often see people posting :lol:

*Saudi League pay huge salaries , not transfer fees.

Who the feck are we buying for that money?

If Ornstein hadn't reported our interest I wouldn't have been surprised if we we're being used by the "agent" to get Milan to up their payout to him. As it is the inclusion of "shareholdings" and "consultants costs" makes me think that's directed at the player to get his agent to lower his demands further.

€15-20m? Yeah, right! Sheffield United paid more than that for Rhian Brewster! Really can't imagine we're only putting aside that amount of the budget for a much needed second #9.

The Zirkzee deal may well end up being deemed too much for the extra costs, but I imagine we're still going to be looking at similar fees for alternatives. It's pretty obvious you don't get PL / CL / EL quality #9's for anywhere near €15-20m.

Very real possibility that we sign two players tops this window. We're fecking skint.

Very real possibility that we sign two players tops this window. We're fecking skint.
We’re not skint, we’re making sure we don’t breach spending rules and avoid possibility of a points deduction. We should be in a much better position come 1st July when the huge losses from three years ago drop out of the calculation.

We wanted people to run the club properly … they can’t just magic away the idiocy of the last few years in four months?

Guirassy from Stuggart is the obvious choice.
The 28 yr old who had one good goal-scoring season in Germany.

It's giving strong Mkhitaryan vibes except he's even older and less likely to be able to adapt to the PL.
Hes also not a personality that would be happy to be on the bench and rotate, from what people have said.

So with no new players and an even thinner squad, we will see what ETH is really like.