Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Well the problem is - we are seriously short of midfielders. And if both Casemiro and Eriksen leave - we can't really afford to lose Amrabat as well

After hardly playing him last season and him rarely showing himself to be anywhere near PL standard it would be a bit mad to keep him around to be honest.

Is never going to happen and I have no desire to sign anybody from Barcelona, anyway. They are a c-ult-like lot and their players all think Barca is far superior to United (even though we kicked them out of Europa League just last year). Feck them and their attitude of unjustified superiority

I totally agree

Yes we can. He is gash.
He’s looked average in some games and been played out of position at times so hard to say.

The Cup Final clearly wasn’t gash (I thought he (and team) was superb v City).

The issue is does he work in a system (say a basic 433) we will play week in, week out … because we can’t play the way we did against City for an entire season.

Personally, I think he’s a squad option because we won’t get two top Def Mids (too expensive, one won’t be a stand in)

We saw that in the last few games of the season when he was actually given the chance
He got away with blatant penalty against Gordon, gave ball all the time in that. He was chasing shadows all season, had 1 good game ffs. Reward mediocrity then act all suprised when we finish 8.

Yes we can. He is gash.
He clearly was not fit when he got here, and whilst he is still not the quickest his improved fitness levels towards the end of the season clearly resulted in some decent if not stand out performances.... £18m in todays market is reasonable for a squad player, however there are better players out there, it is all just down to cost and whether or not they are happy to warm the bench for long periods.

Well the problem is - we are seriously short of midfielders. And if both Casemiro and Eriksen leave - we can't really afford to lose Amrabat as well

We will be if we sold those guys, but this guy isn't the answer.

Really not keen on Ten Hag still having this much say on transfer targets. It'll be more wasted time and money. I hope United know what they're doing.

My hope is we sign quality players vetted by the recruitment team, I don't want us to sign players simply because EtH wants them, however I am not sure if Zirkzee is linked to EtH unless the fact he is Dutch means he is linked to EtH.

We will be if we sold those guys, but this guy isn't the answer.
Amrabat may or may not be the answer. He was PHENOMENAL in the cup final, but very underwhelming in many other games. But regarding the other part of your comment, we will indeed be in trouble if we sell Casemiro and Eriksen, without replacing them, but ironically we will be equally in trouble if we DON'T sell them :) They are clearly unable to play at premiership, anymore. Both of them are done at this level and huge vulnerability for us

Is he any good?
He's a good all-rounded player who does very well at being the focal point of the attacks. He's not a pure target man; he can drift out wide and take on players with his dribbling. What has made him more impactful in the recent season is his improved finishing and movement; he now does a better job of getting into goalscoring positions as well as converting his chances. Stylistically, he may not offer that much different to Højlund, but at least he'll be a more reliable striker option for us than Martial and will more likely help the wingers and midfielders score more goals.

Good build up and hold up player but he's not going to solve our goals problem.
Maybe not directly, by scoring loads himself - but sometimes having a player like that in the team helps other players around him to score more?

I haven't seen much of him personally, so I've no real idea if he falls into this bracket, but there are some hard working #9's - good at linking up play and holding up the ball - who help bring out the best in those around them and make the team more balanced and effective going forward even if they're not prolific themselves.

There is still a baseline level of quality required for squad players. Amrabat doesn't have it.
Amrabat was key to United winning the fa cup. He’s been misused all season. Put him breaking up play and keeping it simple and he does it well. If we can get 2-3 midfielders then sure let him go

Can we stop ignoring the entirety of last season and focussing on a handful of games at the end...

When used correctly - he is a good player. And those few games at the end showed what he can do when used correctly

He's a good all-rounded player who does very well at being the focal point of the attacks. He's not a pure target man; he can drift out wide and take on players with his dribbling. What has made him more impactful in the recent season is his improved finishing and movement; he now does a better job of getting into goalscoring positions as well as converting his chances. Stylistically, he may not offer that much different to Højlund, but at least he'll be a more reliable striker option for us than Martial and will more likely help the wingers and midfielders score more goals.

Thanks!

Why is he quoting his own post from last week? :nervous:

To show the World how early he had the information. With journalists, it's who had the news earlier. It's like, my pecker is bigger than your type of thing.

Last edited:
His profile really balances well with bringing the strengths that Hojlund is missing while Hojlund makes up for Zirkzee’s weaknesses.

Could see it working well where we start Hojlund to better the opposition from the get go and bring on Zirkzee to help control the game later on, or a situation where we start Zirkzee to help control a game from the start and bring in Hojlund if we need to go more direct and see chasing a goal.