Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

If INEOS can't resolve that conflict of interest situation with Nice, then we may have to rule out Todibo. INEOS did assure that they'll resolve it, though, so let's see how that goes.

If we are playing market value for Todibo, unlike City who sign players off co owned clubs for peanuts, I can't see what the issue should be.

Because Guehi will be a cheaper alternative to Brainthwaite...

Seems like a brief to get Everton to play ball before the end of the month.

He wont be - Palace don't need to sell - they are not financial crisis and they will probably lose either one of Olise or Eze (or both) - there is no way they will let Guehi go cheaply.

But Everton do need to sell!

He wont be - Palace don't need to sell - they are not financial crisis and they will probably lose either one of Olise or Eze (or both) - there is no way they will let Guehi go cheaply.

Going off the reports, Guehi seems to be stalling over contract talks with 2 years to go. Meanwhile Branthwaite only signed a fresh deal during the season gone. Plus you know what scousers are like - being behind on the rent is hardly gonna stop them trying to rob you blind

I know.

Everton wont sell Brainthwaite on the cheap so we brief we will move on to a more expensive defender and a defender who is probably already wearing a Madrid jersey. Not sure its going to have the desired effect of getting Everton to lower their valuation in panic at missing out on a big cash influx from us.

Either that or its just lazy reporting/rumour mongering.

Because Guehi will be a cheaper alternative to Brainthwaite...

Seems like a brief to get Everton to play ball before the end of the month.
Cheaper alternative? Crystal Palace? Good luck with that. Prior to the Euros they'd probably have asked minimum of £60m. Add another £20m to that with his Euros starting spot. Any chances of signing Guehi for a fee that made any slight sense are finished.

CB 1: de light (35m pounds)
CB 2: braithwhite (55-60m pounds)
CM: Amadou Onana (35m pounds)
CF: Toney (50m pounds)

outs:
Greenwood (30m pounds)
Sancho (30m pounds)
Pellestri (5m pounds)
Lindelof (5m pounds)
Why Onana? He’s bobbins and has not progressed at all. My Everton mates all want him sold.

Just read a tweet from the Spanish paper Sport, saying Barca rejected an offer from Man Utd for Fermin for 30m euros.

Just read a tweet from the Spanish paper Sport, saying Barca rejected an offer from Man Utd for Fermin for 30m euros.
The info's coming from someone with decent sources as well.

Source (Tier 2):

Only a very high offer will convince Barcelona to sell the player, who the club aren't considering selling at this time.

He's more of an Eriksen replacement. He plays the attacking #8 role for Barcelona.
Thanks for the info.

Are we for once going to be proactive and do some squad building? Unheard of.

Hopefully it has Ashworth's fingerprints other this transfer.

Cheaper alternative? Crystal Palace? Good luck with that. Prior to the Euros they'd probably have asked minimum of £60m. Add another £20m to that with his Euros starting spot. Any chances of signing Guehi for a fee that made any slight sense are finished.

Exactly my point.

Telling Everton we wont pay for Branthwaite to move on to Guehi is just either a stupid brief or crap reporting.

Exactly my point.

Telling Everton we wont pay for Branthwaite to move on to Guehi is just either a stupid brief or crap reporting.
Geuhi will enter final year of contract next season if he's not sold now. Branthwaite signed a new long term deal just recently.

Every team in the premier league is rich by other European team standards.

Which makes going for Premier League players very expensive.

If the stories of Everton needing to sell are true then United might get a few million knocked off the deal. But I think there is more chance of Everton taking another points deduction than them selling one if they best players on the cheap.

Every team in the premier league is rich by other European team standards.

Which makes going for Premier League players very expensive.

If the stories of Everton needing to sell are true then United might get a few million knocked off the deal. But I think there is more chance of Everton taking another points deduction than them selling one if they best players on the cheap.
Good points! He is a good asset and a prospect. If we can grab him at 45-55 I would take him now

But I think there is more chance of Everton taking another points deduction than them selling one if they best players on the cheap.
Seriously? Points deductions have already scuppered one take over, Everton are in a delicate situation. If complying with PSR is the way to survive you can bet they will do anything to achieve that. Relegation would be a devastating blow to the club.