Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Just read a tweet from the Spanish paper Sport, saying Barca rejected an offer from Man Utd for Fermin for 30m euros.
Is never going to happen and I have no desire to sign anybody from Barcelona, anyway. They are a c-ult-like lot and their players all think Barca is far superior to United (even though we kicked them out of Europa League just last year). Feck them and their attitude of unjustified superiority

Last edited:
We are currently doing a review on Amrabat, and it should be done soon...
"Soon" meaning one month from now. Then on to the next review. All "reviews" should be completed around December. Just in time for the January window.

Well - we might make better decisions with the new owners - but we certainly don't operate more efficiently :)

It's a Manchester United tradition to buy a Goalie every summer window. I wouldn't dismiss it.

So far its a bit like every other Summer transfer window of recent years really.
All our business out there in the public domain, BS in the papers, teams see us coming for their players and ramp up the prices and our dithering allows others to swoop on our targets.
My concern, is in their attempts to be seen as a serious player in the market and who wont be held to ransom, are Ineos gonna end up with 3rd or 4th choice signings for the club again or panic buying late.

So far its a bit like every other Summer transfer window of recent years really.
All our business out there in the public domain, BS in the papers, teams see us coming for their players and ramp up the prices and our dithering allows others to swoop on our targets.
My concern, is in their attempts to be seen as a serious player in the market and who wont be held to ransom, are Ineos gonna end up with 3rd or 4th choice signings for the club again or panic buying late.
Is it though or is it like normal that every football club and agent is linking their player with us for their own reasons. We won't know if it is just the same until we sign someone.

You are not spending millions on a replacement reserve goalie. Not a chance.

I think we'll do. Don't know if its going to be this guy, but we are going to buy one as there is a solid chance Bayindir will leave.

Thought Heaton was stopping and becoming involved with the coaching side. The Turkish lad could be off as doubt he wants to be a permanent bench warmer.

Not sure - probably plausible but imagine they'd still retain him as third choice if they can for another year to avoid having to plug another gap.

He works hard and sacrificed himself for the team, but we should require more than that. We sold Fred who is arguably a better player.
We did and whilst I’m ambivalent to whether he stays or goes, if the fee is €20m(£16.5m) plus €5m in add ons then the way I see it is like this. We overpaid for the 1 year loan at £8.5m when he was clearly injured, he hardly performed maybe 2/3 decent performances before the FA Cup Final but his brilliant performance in the Fa Cup Final was worth the £8.5m to beat City115 and have a great day.

We should Tell Fiorentina we’ll pay €17.5m plus €7.5m in add ons or you can have him back, he’s 28 and we should only give him a 3+1 year contract on 75-80k per week which is double what he’ll get elsewhere and use him as a squad option, we need two true DM, he’s one as squad, we are clearly selling Casemiro for Hopefully £35-40m so we must keep one but on our terms not the selling clubs.

If we amortise Amrabat over 3 years he will cost the same he did this year on the accounts. This year he cost the club £8.5m
£14.5m over 3 year and £75k per week which is about £8.7m combined per year on the accounts but he’s listed as an asset when he’s signed permanent.

Selling Casemiro hopefully to Saudi for £30m is transfer neutral because we still owe £30m for two years, however saving 350k on his wages is huge that creates £18.2m on our annual budget for example if we signed J Neves for £85m on £100k per week, he would cost £17m in transfer fee and £5.2m in wages. Just to conclude United could sell Casemiro for £30m, Sell Hanibal for £10m, Sell DVB for £5m and easily pay if they wanted to £100m for J Neves and wages of £160k per week.

So if we keeping Amrabat to sign Zubimendi or J Neves I’m all for it!

More info on Amrabat:

Source (Tier 1):

In the last few days, Fiorentina sounded out the possibility of Sofyan Amrabat staying with the Viola, but the Moroccan midfielder closed all doors. Not a viable solution.

Not sure - probably plausible but imagine they'd still retain him as third choice if they can for another year to avoid having to plug another gap.
Plus he’s homegrown, currently away with England as a goalkeeper coach which suggests he’s perfect as third choice for a couple more years.

It would be tragic if sign him permanently. He not suited to any progressive style of football and can only be half useful in a parked bus. Hope it's bullshit

Well the problem is - we are seriously short of midfielders. And if both Casemiro and Eriksen leave - we can't really afford to lose Amrabat as well

Well the problem is - we are seriously short of midfielders. And if both Casemiro and Eriksen leave - we can't really afford to lose Amrabat as well
Yes we can. There are more/similarly talented midfielders around for cheaper.

Yes we can. He is gash.

He isn’t gash, he’s decent. He would be a half decent squad option because we need depth. He will also be cheap. We can’t only buy first team starters because as we’ve seen this season, injuries will feck you. Depth is key. If they find a better alternative for the 18mil he’d cost then of course, go for it.

He isn’t gash, he’s decent. He would be a half decent squad option because we need depth. He will also be cheap. We can’t only buy first team starters because as we’ve seen this season, injuries will feck you. Depth is key. If they find a better alternative for the 18mil he’d cost then of course, go for it.
There is still a baseline level of quality required for squad players. Amrabat doesn't have it.

There is still a baseline level of quality required for squad players. Amrabat doesn't have it.

I think he does actually. Gives away the ball sometimes and not the quickest but can do that destroyer job just fine and usually keeps things ticking over with his passing. Useful for closing out games and rotation in cup games etc. Hard to get a better player than him for 20m to cover at DM.

EtH suicide ball left even a guy like Casemiro exposed. Once he tightened up the midfield and got played as a #6 (as opposed to LB, CB or even an #8 where he got used) he looked alright

Well one good game saved ETH, so maybe his performance against City can save Amrabat as well.

He was half decent towards the end of the season, once actually played in position. People forgot he was played in defence a fair bit.. he is not a defender. Play him in position and enough and you’ll see he has a big part to play in a squad. He can be useful when needed for certain aspects of the game