Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Milan apparently have an offer on the table but it's thought they need to shift Bennacer to Saudi Arabia to actually follow through.
What happened to this guy? At one point, he was linked with Arsenal wasn’t he? Was considered one of the more talented deep lying midfielders as well. Seems to have fallen off completely, especially if he’s being at Saudi.

Yeah I can see why Chelsea would leak the details of that deal. United pretty much gave him away

No loan fee, Chelsea not even covering the entirety of his wages and the obligation to buy fee isn’t even guaranteed to be £25m - dependent on Chelsea’s success this season. Yikes

But it is what it is
We're getting roughly about £33M for him (25M fee + 8M or so in wage coverage this year) when he was on exorbitant wages, which we're getting off our books completely for next year.

Personally I think that's incredible. It's fantasy land to think we were going to get £50M for a whiner who's not even a squad player for us. It's a huge win from a financial perspective.

My best memory of Sancho was his goal at Old Trafford in the 2-1 win over Liverpool. It was the fact that it resulted in Milner down on his hands and knees doing an impression of Scobby Doo before him and Olive Oyl had a right go at each other. :devil:

People are talking so matter factly about this because it hasn’t worked out at United, but I’ve seen stranger things happen

He was a top5 most productive wingers in Europe in consecutive seasons by age 20. His technical ability is not really in question - if he works on his mental fortitude and starts looking after himself, who knows? People speak about him lacking the explosiveness to make it in this league, but a different system may help him - he may also feel he has a point to prove now

Still, uphill battle, Chelsea has 300 players and he’ll be back home in London with a thousand distractions - so good chance it doesn’t work out - I’m just saying I’ve seen stranger things happens

It could happen obviously but it's a massive gamble by Chelsea who don't need the player. The move makes no sense to me at all.

Well he’s hardly going to say we’ve got three really good wide players and Antony.

Then its a preposterous statement because it infers each of the four are better than Sancho, when that's clearly not the case since Antony has barely played in recent fixtures dating back to late last season.

Then its a preposterous statement because it infers each of the four are better than Sancho, when that's clearly not the case since Antony has barely played in recent fixtures dating back to late last season.
DoFs tend to talk up their players to increase their market value. Same about Sancho. He's not going to say he was a terrible professional. Not only is it unnecessary it's also likely to cause other teams to wonder what's wrong with every other player we're looking to sell. Doesn't do much good for their valuation. Basically, I'd take statements like these with a bag of salt

Galatasaray is in talks with Manchester United to loan Casemiro for 1 year!

Too late now, unless United sign a free agent CM (e.g., Rabiot).

Ugarte, Mainoo, Collyer, Eriksen is suicide. I don't see Ashworth and the football ops team doing anything like this unless they have an immediate replacement.

Galatasaray basically want to freeload like they've just done with Napoli and Osimhen. This is a likely waste of time loan where we will cover all his wages. No thanks. If Casemiro leaves then it needs to be a clean break with the other club covering the majority of his wages if not everything.

I've never seen him play but we were linked like a year ago so I read up on him. He started out as a right winger but is more of an attacking midfielder, as I understand it.
Took this from twitter.

Franco Mastantuono, a young and promising playmaker, is making waves in the football world with his exceptional skills and creative style of play. As an advanced playmaker, he possesses a deep understanding of the game and a remarkable ability to orchestrate attacks.

Despite his relatively small stature, Mastantuono compensates with a decent body mass ratio and has shown potential for physical development in the years to come. One of Mastantuono's most notable strengths is his exceptional technique on the ball.

He is a highly mobile player with excellent short-dribbling skills and a knack for finding key passes. While he may not possess blistering pace, his speed is sufficient for all distances, allowing him to effectively contribute to both quick counterattacks and sustained build-up play. His high football IQ, spatial awareness, and ability to utilize "la pausa" - a strategic pause to assess the situation and find the best possible pass - make him a valuable asset to any team.

Mastantuono's unpredictable playing style and preference for a free attacking role allow him to roam the pitch and create scoring opportunities. He is a skillful progressive carrier and passer, capable of finding teammates with intelligent through balls and creative flicks.

His ability to move between the lines and use his trickery, such as back-heels, nutmegs, and feints, keeps defenders on their toes and creates space for himself and his teammates. With his exceptional technique, vision, and confidence, Mastantuono is a master of the killer pass, consistently setting up goal-scoring opportunities for his teammates. His dribbling and passing skills make him a game-changer, capable of turning a match around at any moment.

Additionally, his interesting mid and long-range shooting skills with his left foot add another dimension to his offensive arsenal.

Mastantuono's dribbling skills are particularly impressive, showcasing a futsal-esque close control and an elegant touch.

His excellent footwork and ball control in tight spaces allow him to navigate crowded areas with ease. His ability to execute first-touch combinations at high speed with his teammates demonstrates his exceptional coordination and understanding of the game.

Finally, his proficiency in both direct and indirect set pieces further highlights his versatility and skillset.

Too late now, unless United sign a free agent CM (e.g., Rabiot).

Ugarte, Mainoo, Collyer, Eriksen is suicide. I don't see Ashworth and the football ops team doing anything like this unless they have an immediate replacement.
Can we do that? I thought we couldn't register new players until January now that the window closed.

Galatasaray basically want to freeload like they've just done with Napoli and Osimhen. This is a likely waste of time loan where we will cover all his wages. No thanks. If Casemiro leaves then it needs to be a clean break with the other club covering the majority of his wages if not everything.
They're paying all of Osimhen's wages this year for his loan.

Honestly, it'd be a massive gift to us if they paid all of Casemiro's wages. He's declined massively, and he's way overpaid. I'm not sure why anyone would think that's "freeloading". They don't owe us a transfer; he's a toxic asset at this point that we made a mistake in signing.

The only reason we shouldn't do it (if they would cover most/all his wages) is because our midfield depth is so thin. But otherwise, it'd be a huge salary relief. I doubt they wouldn't cover most of his wages, as there'd be no reason for us to even consider the offer otherwise.

They're paying all of Osimhen's wages this year for his loan.

Honestly, it'd be a massive gift to us if they paid all of Casemiro's wages. He's declined massively, and he's way overpaid. I'm not sure why anyone would think that's "freeloading". They don't owe us a transfer; he's a toxic asset at this point that we made a mistake in signing.

The only reason we shouldn't do it (if they would cover most/all his wages) is because our midfield depth is so thin. But otherwise, it'd be a huge salary relief. I doubt they wouldn't cover most of his wages, as there'd be no reason for us to even consider the offer otherwise.
How could Gala afford Osimhen's wages? Let alone Osimhen and Case's?