Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

We need a goal scorer and this club is going after everything but one.
I think we have goal scorers but we lack service. Rashford and garnacho aren't intrinsically service orientated as players.

I think we have goal scorers but we lack service. Rashford and garnacho aren't intrinsically service orientated as players.
Who are our goal scorers? Zirkzee and Hojlund have never hit 20 goals in all comps in a season in any competitive league. Hojlund doesn't look like a good finisher at all to me, Zirkzee is more of an enabler, not a goal scorer. Let's not even get into Rashford. This club seems to rate Hojlund very highly and I think by the end of the season both the club and the fans will be in for a rude awakening and that might change our summer transfer plans up.

Who are our goal scorers? Zirkzee and Hojlund have never hit 20 goals in all comps in a season in any competitive league. Hojlund doesn't look like a good finisher at all to me, Zirkzee is more of an enabler, not a goal scorer. Let's not even get into Rashford. This club seems to rate Hojlund very highly and I think by the end of the season both the club and the fans will be in for a rude awakening and that might change our summer transfer plans up.
Who are the available 20 goal a season strikers you think we should sign?

You are absolutly right... Højlund and Zirkzee will not even get 20 goals betweem them. Here in Denmark people are starting to understand how overrated Højlund is, its only United fans who rate him, He has not scored for Denmark in almost a year.. AT Euro he was among the worst players for Denmark, and we play better when he is not playing, so noone is missing Højlund.. I dont think Zirkzee will score a lot, but i think the team will score more with him in the team, but not enough. So we 100% need a goal scorer

Hojlund had the best conversion rate in the league. This myth that he's not a clinical finisher needs to die.

Conversion rate depends on more than just pure finishing.
The point is, if he's supplied with the chances, he'll score. Some may argue with his positioning to receive these chances but then again she's shown great movement, if anything it's the way EtH sets up that inhibits the striker. Hojlund in place of Jesus or Havertz at Arsenal or Jackson at Chelsea would cook.

There isn’t a striker out there that would be a guaranteed success for anything other than extortionate fees.

Even the ones with extortionate fees aren’t guaranteed.

I'm so sick of going after centre backs and fullbacks. Get in WINGERS. We need two ffs. We will never compete for anything with what we have available. Garnacho - a 19 year old - being our best attacker and even he is very inconsistent with poor decision making, and people expect us to be top 4?

Bottom line is...we are in deep trouble!

Buying Eze to play him as “winger” sure is a choice.

I mean he can play there but every time I’ve seen him he’s been a lot more effective through the mid/AM

I'd like to think we're spending our money on a top left back and world class striker next summer when we're under new management. Then the next priority will be a new keeper. Feck spending £50m+ on any other positions until those are sorted.

Who is that world class striker?

I'd like to think we're spending our money on a top left back and world class striker next summer when we're under new management. Then the next priority will be a new keeper. Feck spending £50m+ on any other positions until those are sorted.
Mbappe, Haaland and Kane are probably the only world class strikers in the world, none of them are coming here.

Mbappe, Haaland and Kane are probably the only world class strikers in the world, none of them are coming here.

Gutting to think we could have signed either of the last two if the club listened to Ole or not wasted £100m on Mount and Onana last summer

Only 3 players scored more than 20 EPL goals last season - Haaland, Palmer and Isak. Chelsea and Newcastle finished just ahead of us. We need goals across the team, not just a number 9.

Right but they wont always be the only world class strikers in the world...

We dont actually need a world class one anyway, we need someone who is good enough to score 20+ goals in a season. Solanke, Watkins, Toney level etc.

Hojlund got 16 as 21yr old in his first season with multiple injury layoffs. It’s not that far fetched that he could be better than all three of those. I’d take him over Solanke or Toney right now.

Midfield, midfield, midfield!

Hojlund had the best conversion rate in the league. This myth that he's not a clinical finisher needs to die.
I do agree but he only has 2 years to prove that he’s the real deal, we need 20+ goals this season all competitions

I do agree but he only has 2 years to prove that he’s the real deal, we need 20+ goals this season all competitions
He hit 16 in all competitions last season. Depending on injuries I'd expect him to get higher this season. He was on a tear in the CL so I've no doubt in his ability to score goals, he just needs to get in better positions and get himself more chances.

I could be mistaken but I thought the rules suggested that Free agents must be registered in time for the first game after the transfer window closes to be eligible to play until January.

In which case, unless he's signed before midday Friday, we won't be able to play him until January. So no sense signing him.

I could be mistaken but I thought the rules suggested that Free agents must be registered in time for the first game after the transfer window closes to be eligible to play until January.

In which case, unless he's signed before midday Friday, we won't be able to play him until January. So no sense signing him.

The deadline is today so even with that it could still be done. I heard nothing about midday.

Although, how much room do we have in our squad? If we still have space in the squad a player can be registered at any time.

The deadline is today so even with that it could still be done. I heard nothing about midday.

Although, how much room do we have in our squad? If we still have space in the squad a player can be registered at any time.
That was my understanding of it as well.

I keep reading about September 13th cut off. But I was fully under the impression that provided we've not filled all 25 senior roles when submitting the squad, that free agents could be registered at any time so long as there's remaining squad place for them (and so long as they were already a free agent when the window ended, as Rabiot was).

I keep reading about September 13th cut off. But I was fully under the impression that provided we've not filled all 25 senior roles when submitting the squad, that free agents could be registered at any time so long as there's remaining squad place for them (and so long as they were already a free agent when the window ended, as Rabiot was).
A free agent can be signed at any time, and go into the Premier League squad if a space is available. I believe teams are allowed a maximum of 17 non home grown players in the squad. We have a space for Rabiot if required as Rasmus Hojlund still qualifies as under 21 due to his date of birth being after the cut off.

Yeah that's my understanding as well, would give us such a useful midfield option as can play that 6/8 hybrid role which is such an asset, would also mean we could ease Collyer in more