Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Think we have until mid September for free agents.
Thanks, looked it up and it appears PL clubs have until September 13 to submit their list of registered players. So free agents can be registered until then, if there's still space available in the squad.

Obviously after Sundays performance there are question marks over Casemiro being first choice but he’s still needed for a squad rotation role. According to The Athletic we turned down Rabiot multiple times this summer.

So unless there’s been a Sancho-esque blow up behind the scenes I can’t see Casemiro being allowed to leave. We’d be way too light in midfield. Collier and Ugarte are both untested in the Premier League.

Galatasaray is in talks with Manchester United to loan Casemiro for 1 year!

I would go for it if i was Dan.
Just go and kiss Eriksen on the forehead and tell him you love him and that we need him to channel his inner 25 yo self.
Maybe some youngster can step up. Be creative.
Paying Casemiro about 350kpw for the level he is at now is just next level crazy.

We're already way too light in midfield. This has got to be bollocks.
We should go for it and sell him, it’s not that we are much better with him on the field. Against top teams he’s not good enough anymore, against lesser teams we could be creative with other players maybe. Getting him off the books would be a good thing.

Letting Casemiro go at this stage would be insane
Wouldn't be, I'd rather let a young player play and make mistakes and develop through game time than put up with Case making the same mistakes. It's this mentality of "keeping bodies around" that has led us to holding on to players for too long.

Letting Casemiro go at this stage would be insane
I admit I don't think it will happen. Only chance would be if we could get Rabiot on a free for much lower wages than we pay Casemiro and if Koné is more ready than we expect. Otherwise don't see it happening.

Wouldn't be, I'd rather let a young player play and make mistakes and develop through game time than put up with Case making the same mistakes. It's this mentality of "keeping bodies around" that has led us to holding on to players for too long.

My opinions aren’t necessarily formed based on what you’d rather let, to be honest.

United doesn’t have the quality of young players nor the time to allow said development to happen patiently. The team needs to be competitive now if there are any hopes of a fight for a CL place - which has serious financial implications for a club that has been slipping for a very long time.

If we let Casemiro go without bringing in a free transfer replacement then I think we'd be leaving ourselves too short for numbers in midfield given all our cup matches as well.

However if we intend to bring in a free transfer replacement until addressing it properly in the summer, then I think getting Casemiro out the door would be a good thing. His legs have clearly gone, and he needs to be in a slower league than the PL, and every poor performance just highlights him as a symbol of the kind of deals we need to avoid under the new regime - paying a huge fee for a player past / approaching the end of their prime.

I would be for letting Casemiro go and getting Rabiot in. I have no confidence in Casemiro in the current tactical set up and ETH doesn't look like he's changing tactics. I'd like a midfield of Ugarte and Rabiot with Mainoo in front.

and if Koné is more ready than we expect.
Given we expect Kone to be a squad player like Collyer and thus a back up option for Ugarte/Mainoo, him being more ready than that sounds promising.

My opinions aren’t necessarily formed based on what you’d rather let, to be honest.

United doesn’t have the quality of young players nor the time to allow said development to happen patiently. The team needs to be competitive now if there are any hopes of a fight for a CL place - which has serious financial implications for a club that has been slipping for a very long time.
Regardless at this point Casemiro can't offer anything a Collyer can't. Case is a liability and you say we need to be competitive, how will we be when our last line of defense in midfield is a liability to the defense.

Regardless at this point Casemiro can't offer anything a Collyer can't.
That’s probably not true - Casemiro provides a lot of attacking threat at set pieces with his heading. That’s something that Collyer has yet to demonstrate

Regardless at this point Casemiro can't offer anything a Collyer can't.

Casemiro is a player in decline, and will have bad performances. He’s still considerably better than Collyer at almost every aspect of football.

For clarification - I’m not against moving Casemiro on, but it should be done when the window is open next and we can get someone else in.

That’s probably not true - Casemiro provides a lot of attacking threat at set pieces with his heading. That’s something that Collyer has yet to demonstrate
Hence the problem, what he offers isn't the job of the position he's playing in. Ultimately I don't think he would be missed at all if he left, at this point he has nothing left to offer us as a 6. If he does stay then he needs to be alongside a 6 not be the 6 as he can't fulfill that role any longer.

Regardless at this point Casemiro can't offer anything a Collyer can't. Case is a liability and you say we need to be competitive, how will we be when our last line of defense in midfield is a liability to the defense.
The only thing he offers more than Collyer currently is ability in the air.

We should go for it and sell him, it’s not that we are much better with him on the field. Against top teams he’s not good enough anymore, against lesser teams we could be creative with other players maybe. Getting him off the books would be a good thing.
He would obviously still require a big payoff thought because they won't cover his current wages

I would be for letting Casemiro go and getting Rabiot in. I have no confidence in Casemiro in the current tactical set up and ETH doesn't look like he's changing tactics. I'd like a midfield of Ugarte and Rabiot with Mainoo in front.
But then what about Bruno? Even if you think he should be benched, we all know that's not going to happen.

Took this from twitter.

Franco Mastantuono, a young and promising playmaker, is making waves in the football world with his exceptional skills and creative style of play. As an advanced playmaker, he possesses a deep understanding of the game and a remarkable ability to orchestrate attacks.

Despite his relatively small stature, Mastantuono compensates with a decent body mass ratio and has shown potential for physical development in the years to come. One of Mastantuono's most notable strengths is his exceptional technique on the ball.

He is a highly mobile player with excellent short-dribbling skills and a knack for finding key passes. While he may not possess blistering pace, his speed is sufficient for all distances, allowing him to effectively contribute to both quick counterattacks and sustained build-up play. His high football IQ, spatial awareness, and ability to utilize "la pausa" - a strategic pause to assess the situation and find the best possible pass - make him a valuable asset to any team.

Mastantuono's unpredictable playing style and preference for a free attacking role allow him to roam the pitch and create scoring opportunities. He is a skillful progressive carrier and passer, capable of finding teammates with intelligent through balls and creative flicks.

His ability to move between the lines and use his trickery, such as back-heels, nutmegs, and feints, keeps defenders on their toes and creates space for himself and his teammates. With his exceptional technique, vision, and confidence, Mastantuono is a master of the killer pass, consistently setting up goal-scoring opportunities for his teammates. His dribbling and passing skills make him a game-changer, capable of turning a match around at any moment.

Additionally, his interesting mid and long-range shooting skills with his left foot add another dimension to his offensive arsenal.

Mastantuono's dribbling skills are particularly impressive, showcasing a futsal-esque close control and an elegant touch.

His excellent footwork and ball control in tight spaces allow him to navigate crowded areas with ease. His ability to execute first-touch combinations at high speed with his teammates demonstrates his exceptional coordination and understanding of the game.

Finally, his proficiency in both direct and indirect set pieces further highlights his versatility and skillset.
Sounds like his LinkedIn profile

Surely that must be if we win everything. Not his basic?

Even then we aren't in the Champions league so it'll have been reduced from whatever it is (I've seen a bunch of different numbers, but certainly over 300k) by 25% which is a fair amount.

375k becomes 280k
350k becomes 260k

Even then we aren't in the Champions league so it'll have been reduced from whatever it is (I've seen a bunch of different numbers, but certainly over 300k) by 25% which is a fair amount.

375k becomes 280k
350k becomes 260k

When Cas joined in 2022, The Athletic reported he got a slight increase in his salary, he was in the top bracket in his last season with Madrid, and if we believe what is in those salary sites, then he was on approx 200k pw with Madrid in 21/22, and if we are generous and say the that slight increase reported by the Athletic is 25%, then his salary with United was around 250K in 22/23, perhaps with CL qualification and a cup win he might have gotten an increase, I am only speculating here but I think he was probably bumped to 300K pw for 23/24 season, with no CL, it is now at 225K pw due to the 25% cut inserted into every player's contract at United.

the 375K wages reported for Cas aren't accurate imo, but still, Galatasaray won't be able to afford even a 100K pw to Cas so most likely the club will not sanction any loan move for Cas.

Collyer looks absolutely leagues off the level needed. Probably needs a league 1 or 2 loan

Casemiro had a bad 15mins that totally lost him all confidence within a display no-one looked particularly good in or proved they could pass 10 yards.

The strangely high risk but low thrills Ten Hag system needs to change so that one centre mid doesn't get the ball alone, see both full backs miles up the pitch and both other cm the other side of the opponents players.

Basically pointless deciding to keep or get rid of Casemiro given ETH isn’t gonna change so nobody will look good in midfield.

Did you watch Collyer twice pick up the ball in his own half and run into a press? Not entirely his fault as the team should've supported him better but he could easily have cost another goal.

When Cas joined in 2022, The Athletic reported he got a slight increase in his salary, he was in the top bracket in his last season with Madrid, and if we believe what is in those salary sites, then he was on approx 200k pw with Madrid in 21/22, and if we are generous and say the that slight increase reported by the Athletic is 25%, then his salary with United was around 250K in 22/23, perhaps with CL qualification and a cup win he might have gotten an increase, I am only speculating here but I think he was probably bumped to 300K pw for 23/24 season, with no CL, it is now at 225K pw due to the 25% cut inserted into every player's contract at United.

the 375K wages reported for Cas aren't accurate imo, but still, Galatasaray won't be able to afford even a 100K pw to Cas so most likely the club will not sanction any loan move for Cas.
Wages on the continent tend to be reported as net, whereas in the UK they tend to be reported as gross. Think the 375k/week gross is accurate (before the 25% reduction for no champions league).

Wages on the continent tend to be reported as net, whereas in the UK they tend to be reported as gross. Think the 375k/week gross is accurate (before the 25% reduction for no champions league).

True on the reporting for gross/net, but the reason I suspect these numbers even by trusted media is because in the financial reports (analysis by Deloitte for 2022/2023), United's wage bill (£331m) is lesser than City's (£423m), Chelsea (£404m), and Liverpool (£373m), but when wages are reported, it seems we have 5 or 6 players on more than 300k++ pw while for Liverpool you would think only Salah and VvD are on big money, City high wage bill is probably due to bonuses from winning trebles and league titles year after year, Chelsea signed 100 players so no surprise here, but we can't have less wage bill then these clubs but then Sancho, Cas, Varane, DDG, CR7 be on 300k or more.

An educated guess from my side is that only DDG and CR7 hit the 375k pw or more, the rest are most likely on below 300k like Cas, Rashford and Bruno with their new contracts, Sancho, and so on, aside from these and maybe De Ligt, the rest are defo on less than 200k, like Maguire, Eriksen, Shaw, etc ... Players like McTominay and AWB were on less than 100k, and many hover just above 100k.

Sorry for the long response

Galatasary is reportedly covering all of Victor Osimhen's wages, so I don''t know why you'd say they couldn't afford 100k pw. Granted, I don't think Casemiro will move because he's highly paid AND not particularly good, but I think if it's just wages (no big transfer fee) they could pay him.

Galatasary is reportedly covering all of Victor Osimhen's wages, so I don''t know why you'd say they couldn't afford 100k pw. Granted, I don't think Casemiro will move because he's highly paid AND not particularly good, but I think if it's just wages (no big transfer fee) they could pay him.
I'm actually surprised they can afford Osimhen, but definitely they can't afford Cas salary after signing Osimhen