Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Looks like the new regime will be seeking to pick up a few Kone type young highly rated players from outside Europe - hit rate may be low but if they can unearth some it has to make sense - the game is changing and the very best youngsters seem to progress into the first team far faster - just look at Zaire-Emery, Musiala, Gavi, Bellingham, Endrick, Yamal and our own Mainoo to name just a few - big change moving from Mali but I wish him well - great test for the new team to assist his transition
I agree which I am very happily to get behind. Wonder though what has happened with the other young lad we were meant to be getting from Arsenal - Chido Obi-Martin? Word was earlier on that he had chosen to sign for us after rejecting Arsenal & a couple of German clubs but nothing ever really got confirmed by the club that he had signed (unless I missed it).

I read the Obi- Martin deal was impacted by his age and some FA process that operates with 16 year old moved between English clubs - may have that wrong but think I’m right - so deal done - compensation to be agreed or set and some approval needed for the deal to be final - the report I saw (maybe Sky or BBc) said could be 4-6 weeks

Assuming the thing about us having multiple transfers still possibly happening makes me wonder if there is any chance at all there is some unexpected big name transfer we pull out of our ass. Feels like it's been a while since we ve done one of those.

Assuming the thing about us having multiple transfers still possibly happening makes me wonder if there is any chance at all there is some unexpected big name transfer we pull out of our ass. Feels like it's been a while since we ve done one of those.

Yeah I would say Martial in 2015 which broke on deadline day eve, just doesn’t feel there will be one

We are done after Ugarte , the rest is paper talk . Utd news sells

Yeah I would say Martial in 2015 which broke on deadline day eve, just doesn’t feel there will be one

Maybe it's me, but things feel more controlled in this window. They had their targets and were prepared to wait to get them at the right price. For all the blabbering by the twitter transfer bods, it doesn't really feel like the club has deviated from the plan. We've been linked to a lot of players as per usual, but those links have never really felt solid and died down after a little while.

I think the only other transfer would be something opportunistic and financially minor/moderate (e.g. Sterling).

I don't really see a striker coming in now that we're aiming to develop both Hojlund and Zirkzee as well as false 9 options.

I think the area we would go for if we did make an additional signing is either centre midfield or the wing.

I think the only other transfer would be something opportunistic and financially minor/moderate (e.g. Sterling).

I don't really see a striker coming in now that we're aiming to develop both Hojlund and Zirkzee as well as false 9 options.

I think the area we would go for if we did make an additional signing is either centre midfield or the wing.

Still think we could move for Rabiot when window closed if Eriksen goes or like you said Sterling as a wide option

Still think we could move for Rabiot when window closed if Eriksen goes or like you said Sterling as a wide option
I doubt we can afford to take Rabiot on in the reduced role he'll inevitably have if he joins. He'd be 3rd choice CM at best, perhaps even behind Casemiro too depending on form.

It's a deal i hope we avoid

I agree which I am very happily to get behind. Wonder though what has happened with the other young lad we were meant to be getting from Arsenal - Chido Obi-Martin? Word was earlier on that he had chosen to sign for us after rejecting Arsenal & a couple of German clubs but nothing ever really got confirmed by the club that he had signed (unless I missed it).

We're apparently waiting on clearance from the FA on Chido.

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/news/...atches-are-set-as-man-utd-wait-for-clearance/

We have zero interest in Rabiot. The Athletic have said as much

Along with Sterling, Chilwell, DCL etc he is a deal we would have done in the bad old days. The new hierarchy is smarter than that now.

So no forward players?

RIP to our ambitions of scoring many goals :(

So no forward players?

RIP to our ambitions of scoring many goals :(
You don’t need a handful of top quality striker to score goals. Brighton have Welbeck up front and are still scoring plenty. Figuring out midfield should help us get better in attack as well i assume

Will Kone step up into our first team or least a place in the squad? I mean Obi Mikel was playing in Chelsea’s midfield at the age of 18 and both are young but talented players

Did you quote me? Notifications said you did but I can't see anything here
Yeah, it was a reply that I accidentally clicked on. I removed it, but they have a tendency to come back. So I edited my post and removed it once again