Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Next summer we need LB, midfield depth and a top of the line winger.
The midfielder also needs to be top of the line I think. We'd also need a goalkeeper (Onana isn't to our endeavoured standard) and a striker (if Hojlund doesn't show enough this season).

Yeah we'll have to be busy next summer too.

The midfielder also needs to be top of the line I think. We'd also need a goalkeeper (Onana isn't to our endeavoured standard) and a striker (if Hojlund doesn't show enough this season).

Yeah we'll have to be busy next summer too.
Hojlund was good last year, he needs time to improve as a player. We have also spent 40 million on ZZ and Obi martins so I doubt we will be spending big on strikers.

Hojlund was good last year, he needs time to improve as a player. We have also spent 40 million on ZZ and Obi martins so I doubt we will be spending big on strikers.
Oh yeah I like Hojlund and agree he did well enough last season and I'd be happy if he ends up being the guy long term. Needs to keep showing improvement though.

You know we've been massively short changed though. To be honest I'll just be glad to see the back of him.

Is there an issue with the tweets only thread? I can't see any tweet in there.

You know we've been massively short changed though. To be honest I'll just be glad to see the back of him.

Absolutely we have. They are probably paying us Monopoly money.

I would have been annoyed at this before the season started, as I had false hope that he was going to be a decent bench option.

The fact that he wasn't even on the bench for 2 games means he's a total waste of space. If we can get rid of him for anything and get a decent replacement attacker in, someone who will be available and actually contribute, then its a positive.

This would make the window 10/10 for me. Getting a high quality replacement winger would make it the greatest ever window ever.
Why though? We have adequate cover for the wide players between Rashford, Garnacho, Amad and Antony with Mount and potentially Zirkzee able to play there. A natural left sided fullback or a veteran #9 would be much more beneficial investments.

We’re probably paying like half his wages, but I’m happy to see the back of him. Rashford really needs to step it up if not he’ll be next to go. Can we secure an early deal for Nico Williams?

Why though? We have adequate cover for the wide players between Rashford, Garnacho, Amad and Antony with Mount and potentially Zirkzee able to play there. A natural left sided fullback or a veteran #9 would be much more beneficial investments.

As would an additional CM to rotate with Mainoo - that would be my priority if the finances stretch that far (perhaps with McTominay, Sancho and, maybe Lindelof off the books, something could happen in the final days).

Is that adequate cover? Rashford has been out of form for 18 months, Antony has been dismal, Amad is still establishing himself as a first-team player and even Garnacho needs to kick on and produce more consistently if he is to be a starter for top team. I'd love an extra winger to push Antony and Rashford out of the lineup.

That seems much more important than a 3rd striker for a position in which we only play one player anyway. We've gone from only Hojlund last year to Hojlund and Zirkzee now. Thats already stronger than last season while wide areas haven't seen any improvement.

This would make the window 10/10 for me. Getting a high quality replacement winger would make it the greatest ever window ever.
Who is this high quality replacement winger? Not sure if there are any outstanding candidates - we haven’t made any noise whatsoever the whole summer about signing new wingers (versus we saw the signings of De Ligt, Ugarte, Zirkzee, etc from a mile away). Garnacho/Amad/Rashford/Antony will be the set for this season, hope the first 2 will make the positions their own sooner rather than later.

Yoro, Zirkzee, DeLigt, Mazraoui, Ugarte in.
Greenwood, Sancho, Van de Beek, Hannibal, McTominay, Wan-Bissaka, Kambwala, Pellistri, Fish, Varane, Martial out.

Think this might be the best transfer window I've ever seen. We upgraded, we strengthened areas we really needed, we brought in young talent. Not all the players leaving were a problem, but we cut the cord. To be fair, Yoro and Ugarte haven't kicked a ball between them, but hopefully they perform.