Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

People in here not only advocating for this Sterling deal but actually suggesting Sterling is better than Garnacho. I'm guessing most of these people haven't actually watched Sterling at Chelsea. Even the stats he does have (which aren't great in the first place) disguise how poor he's been there. This isn't the same Sterling from Liverpool and City.

All depends for me, can we get him + money and get him on reasonable wages whilst getting rid of Sancho’s massive wage?

If the option is the above or keep Sancho and his massive wage, I’m taking the above.

If we can instead get Juve on a loan + 45m obligation, obviously I’d prefer that, as United likely would also.

Just getting Sancho out of the club is the main priority and the second priority is to find someone who will take on his salary however possible.

And the more discussions United have with Chelsea, the better they get to understand what they're trying to do and offload.

If Yoro and Lindelof weren't injured, I'd feel much more confident that United would pull one more significant transfer before the deadline.

who’s minutes will he be taking, if he was brought to manutd? Even if he contributes on left wing then you are sacrificing garnacho/Amad minutes, not counting anthony
I’m on the fence personally, he has experience of winning major trophies and is hard working, no ego issues atleast as far as I remember. I can see his potential to contribute to over all play especially in place of rashford (I hope).
But if he is going to play on the right with rashford on the left then that is unacceptable for me.

Chilwell as well. They have to be joking. Thank God Napoli bought Lukaku, otherwise he would have been offered as well.

So many experts in here on Sterling, yet are calling him Stirling hahaha

All depends for me, can we get him + money and get him on reasonable wages whilst getting rid of Sancho’s massive wage?

If the option is the above or keep Sancho and his massive wage, I’m taking the above.

If we can instead get Juve on a loan + 45m obligation, obviously I’d prefer that, as United likely would also.

That's a no-brainer.

Why would you sign Sterling and hold back the development and playing time of Garnacho and Amad? Ten Hag will always give Rashford his playing time and will find a way to let Anthony have enough minutes as that is his record signing. Also Mount can play as a winger. And we have some talents for the next couple of years in the Academy. Where does Sterling fit in in all of this?

Loan + 45m!?

No way Sancho is worth that much and we surely aren’t getting such amounts from Juventus of all clubs.

Maybe thats not on the table from any club
Then he stays or we loan him in January. No need to replace one headache with another older headache

Sterling is a former Liverpool player and 4x league winner with City. Since when do we think signing 30-year olds with so much buggage is OK

I feel like we should tell Chelsea to fork over 20 million and Sterling or feck off.

Sterling is 30 ffs.

You can't have it both ways :lol:

What? I can’t debunk the idea that Juve don’t spend big, often, because they’ve sold a few players this Summer?

You’re also wrong by the way, they’ve spent 108 and brought in 91, but they’ve also got Rabiot and Alex Sandro’s wages off the books.
Giving 50 odd million to Villa and just their history of transfers in general makes the “of all clubs” comment absolutely ridiculous. Juve are one of 11 clubs in Europe you absolutely could expect to spend big on a player.

Last edited:
So something like, Sterling to take a massive pay decrease and Chelsea to sell him for 15 million and pay him out on his contract would be United’s terms I’d guess.
Yes with our current rejime I wouldn't be too worried about overpaying. I just hope if we do go for him, it's for a short term deal. If Sterling doesn't want to accept, we move.

From Sterling's perspective, a 2yr deal would allow him to be a free agent at 31, which is still young enough for 1 more big payday. Meanwhile he should still be able to attract huge sponsors if he moves to us vs rotting away in the reserves or at a smaller club. Rumours are that Chelsea will have to pay the 15M shortfall for him to move to United on reduced wages (or maybe that's what we want).

I'm lukewarm on a permanent deal and prefer if we can find a better option. I'd much prefer a 1 year loan so he doesn't become an obstacle next season.

Unless it's 2+1 year deal I'd prefer for us to pass on this one.

Sterling is a good player even if his finishing can be less than desirable at times but the risk involved males it less than ideal to say the least.

”Of all clubs”, Juve have spent big often & have literally just handed over 50m + to Aston Villa.
That’s exactly why they’re pushing for a loan for Sancho. They just don’t have those kinds of funds left in my opinion to be able to buy him.

Anyways, even if they could loan him and pay the fee, I just didn’t agree with your valuation of 45m on top of the loan fee. Even regardless of them having the funds next summer to buy him. There’s no way they think Sancho is worth that much. We’ll be lucky to get 30m if that.

I'd be really disappointed in Ineos if they decide to go through with the Sterling deal. Nevermind he's played for both Liverpool and City but he's also past his best, on huge wages and he's almost 30 so he'll only decline further.

This is another Casemiro type of deal, it will become a problem really fast. We're not ready to compete for big titles so we have to build a squad that in a medium term can develop, adding players like Sterling will only cause us problems in the future.

Sancho for 50m (40+ 10 addons)
Sterling for 25m (15m +10 addons)

would be fair right? :P

Sancho for 50m (40+ 10 addons)
Sterling for 25m (15m +10 addons)

would be fair right? :P
No club is paying anywhere near £40 +10m for Sancho, he may be 24 and was previously one of the hottest prospects, but since moving to Utd he has tanked, even though he did better back in Germany last season, he was still nowhere near the player they sold us, all these people on here thinking Sancho has a available value of anything north of around £30m are crackers and that doesn't even begin to look at the issue of his wages and compensating him, we will be lucky to break even, I think most people are missing the point of the Chelsea swap, they are one of very few clubs who would pick up his wage in full, not sure the downside of what they want from us in return is worth it, but realistically there are few options, and fewer takers

Last edited:
I think it solves both United and chelsea‘a dressing room problems. Neither coaches want them respective and want them out. So it makes no sporting sense but simply fo
Then he stays or we loan him in January. No need to replace one headache with another older headache

Sterling is a former Liverpool player and 4x league winner with City. Since when do we think signing 30-year olds with so much buggage is OK
since Fergie singed ex scouse and ex-Geordie Michael Owen?

I’d sooner swap him for Chiesa (injuries included) than Sterling.
Don't want Either . I like how we have done our summer transfer business so far. Yoro De Ligt Maz and Now Hopefully Ugarte . Hopefully we are buying the right players to build the future. Don't want to sign more underfiring or broken players to replace someone like Sancho .

Don't want Either . I like how we have done our summer transfer business so far. Yoro De Ligt Maz and Now Hopefully Ugarte . Hopefully we are buying the right players to build the future. Don't want to sign more underfiring or broken players to replace someone like Sancho .

I wouldn’t pay money for either myself.

We have a seemingly unsellable asset that we need off the books, the Sterling swap deal feels like a face saving attempt at doing that. I’d just like us to widen the net if we’re looking to do a swap to get rid of Sancho. There have to be other options out there for this.