Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

This says to me they still aren't sure about midfield and attacking targets for next window. Shame because would like to have seen us try for Toney before Friday, also don't get this way of thinking that Rabiot was only an alternative to Ugarte. We could have used both because lacking in midfield options

This says to me they still aren't sure about midfield and attacking targets for next window. Shame because would like to have seen us try for Toney before Friday, also don't get this way of thinking that Rabiot was only an alternative to Ugarte. We could have used both because lacking in midfield options
Nobody has been in for Toney or Rabiot. There must be a reason for that

What we need is an elite attacker like the Georgian guy at Napoli. We are never going to score enough goals with our current forward players.

Chaloboah is an interesting one though. Maz will almost certainly find some injury issues and then we'll be reliant on Dalot at RB again.

Chaloboah can play RB, CB and even CDM. He's young, homegrown and can represent some very good value for us in a part swap.

We need more left side focused reinforcements, the right side is strong enough.

It destroys it by definition. He's 29. Put him on a 3 year contract (and I'd reckon that's the minimum) and he's 32 - the age at which we have habitually complained about dead wood needing to be moved on. Speed goes, and he's on a downhill path.
By definition of what? He's still heavily focusing recruitment on young talent. The hypothetical sterling move would be making the best of a bad situation from Sancho.

Nobody has been in for Toney or Rabiot. There must be a reason for that

Well Rabiot is free agent so he could be signed pretty much whenever, Saudi club are in for Toney by the looks of it and their window closes later.

McTominay plus 22 million Euro for Ugarte, who is almost 5 years younger, and a better profile for what we need? Not a bad deal.

Still need more midfield options, haven't got a DLP/8 in the squad which is a big problem

Blimey didn't say anything about no to Sterling, problem of a loan with obligation to buy is we need the money. Having said that think there is no chance of a straight sale unfortunately

Please, please, please stay away from Sterling. I’d rather stick a u21 on the wing than turn away from our transfer policy at this stage. Nevermind the fact that i don’t think he’s good enough (anymore) to play for us at his age&wage.

Can anyone clarify if Napoli need to sell osimen to buy mctominay??

Yeah I was thinking Lindelof or Antony, forgot about Hannibal. Isn’t Vic injured?
We should be moving Eriksen on, but I’m not aware of any interest in him up to now?
I don't think we would sell Antony yet. Still think he is in the plans and will be given time to prove himself regardless of what we think of him

Yeah I was thinking Lindelof or Antony, forgot about Hannibal. Isn’t Vic injured?
We should be moving Eriksen on, but I’m not aware of any interest in him up to now?
Lindelof seems to be. I feel sure he's available for transfer so if the injury is minor there's a chance he could go if someone comes in, but the club have given nothing away on the injury so if I was to guess now he'll end up staying.

I know he said otherwise over the summer but Eriksen can't be happy. He's about as out of favour as a player could be it seems for someone who always makes the matchday squad. Still think there's teams he could do a job for as a number 10. It wouldn't massively shock me if we get interest in him this week and he goes. As always, wages could be a barrier I guess.

By definition of what? He's still heavily focusing recruitment on young talent. The hypothetical sterling move would be making the best of a bad situation from Sancho.
I'm struggling to understand why you don't get the point that signing a 29 year old breaches a policy of not signing 29 year olds any more.

That was my starting hypothesis......
Did ask quite clearly "by definition of what", but ok.

That wouldn't be the policy im sure. Its the policy is certainly heavily focused on younger talent but having exceptions where needed.

Did ask quite clearly "by definition of what", but ok.

That wouldn't be the policy im sure. Its the policy is certainly heavily focused on younger talent but having exceptions where needed.
Yep, that's definitely it.

Some seem to have taken a general policy as a blanket rule. We've in no way ruled out the possibility of ever buying any players in their late 20's/30's. Just that the main principle will be to mainly target younger players / players in or approaching their prime years.

But sometimes an older player might be a good pick up - though I preferred the links to the likes of Rabiot and Hermoso in that respect rather than Sterling.

Very sad it's got to this stage with a talented young prospect we've definitely failed to develop as well as we could have - poor choices made last season, limited opportunities, and played out of position a lot when given rare game time.

There was a talent there we could have been utilising every bit as much as the likes of Garnacho and Collyer.

All that said, while it has got to this stage, I'm happy enough with that destination. A good Championship club, and at least he's leaving in a way that we should have hopefully negotiated some kind of sell on fee / buy back option same as the other cheap departures of youngsters.