Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

I just like a bit of deadline day fun
Yeah it is more fun. I think someone like Rabiot could be okay to add on a short (1-2 year) deal given there's no transfer fee. Or a loan. I wouldn't spend £20M - 30M in transfer fees on a player that's not a clear long-term starter though. That becomes £40M - £50M all-in when you add in wages. Even someone like Toney I'm not convinced is a big enough upgrade for how much money he would take.

I'm a bit worried the same is true with Ugarte; we might end up spending £70M between transfer fees + wages on a one year starter. We badly need the midfield help though, and it's at least not a drastic overpay if he's a high level squad player.

Is there no Jorginho/Gundogan type of player on the market with a reasonable level of quality?

Sterling or not, we need replacement if we sell Sancho. We don't have enough players in attack for a long season.

Sterling or not, we need replacement if we sell Sancho. We don't have enough players in attack for a long season.
We have Rashford, Garnacho, Antony, Amad, Hojlund, Zrikzee, Bruno and Mount. We should have enough players. The main key is to find a system where they can excel, like we did for large spells in 2022.

Which position though? I would love a starting quality winger and central midfielder to split time with Kobbie.
We are at least 3 short still imo, so won’t get all of them. LB, midfielder to rotate with Mainoo and possibly a striker. I have a feeling they might plan to use Mount as an #8 when Mainoo needs a rest though. Not his best position but has the energy to maybe fill in with Ugarte covering him. So LB or ST probably - my pref would be LB, we are desperately short in that position.

We are at least 3 short still imo, so won’t get all of them. LB, midfielder to rotate with Mainoo and possibly a striker. I have a feeling they might plan to use Mount as an #8 when Mainoo needs a rest though. Not his best position but has the energy to maybe fill in with Ugarte covering him. So LB or ST probably - my pref would be LB, we are desperately short in that position.

With Mctominay also leaving we should be looking to get a 8.

Maybe some young brazillian or that type.

Agree with this. Ugarte basically replaces Scott, Hannibal, Pellistri and Greenwood didn't figure last season really so we've not lost anything there, however I do think we need another attacking option. Although Sancho didn't feature for much of last season and hopefully he doesn't feature this, we need something else from a creative standpoint. Either a central option or someone who can play on either flank.

This is the open heart surgery that Rangnick talked about and it still wont' be completed until another season or two at most, with the biggest question mark being around Rashford...does he have any suitors at that wage and still questionable skill set and form going into his prime years.

The attacking line/forwards are all young (aside from Marcus) but worryingly, they aren't consistent or good enough at a high level, yet (hopefully it comes sooner rather than later).

Feel good about the backline with a new starting LB coming soon and another central midfielder complimenting Mainoo and assuming Ugarte.

Yeah we desperately need another 8 in this squad because there is a serious lack of midfield depth
Agree Croady. Problem is we are almost spent out. A Rabiot, or similar, would be ideal if we have wage budget left. I’ve always thought (see my previous post) that the plan might be to use Mount there. He was bought for his energy and versatility. Not his ideal position but I think he could do a job there for 15 or so matches. When Hojlund is fit then Bruno drops back into the #10. When Mainoo needs a break then play Mount there at #8. Ugarte wins the ball, simple pass to Mount, Mount to Bruno and …… charge forward lads. Hagball.

Has he feck. He's two games in and Erik has won us trophies.
This obsession with micky mouse trophies, we are united and should be competing for major honours while taking the micky mouse trophies as compensation.

This obsession with micky mouse trophies, we are united and should be competing for major honours while taking the micky mouse trophies as compensation.
There's no obsession with "Mickey mouse" trophies. There's an obsession with style of play, which has only won City anything. Mareseca limped over the line in the championship with the best squad by miles. A 6-2 win over wolves proves absolutely nothing about his credentials as a top level manager. Winning things is the aim of football and domestic cups are not Mickey mouse trophies.

On the one hand people jizz their pants about how amazing city and other teams are and moan about how far behind them we are, then, at the same time, they moan about the fact that We’ve managed to win trophies.

People need a reality check. We aren’t winning the league this year or next. Winning anything is an achievement just now.

Don’t get me wrong, the league position was an abomination last year, but that doesn’t discount us winning something.

There's no obsession with "Mickey mouse" trophies. There's an obsession with style of play, which has only won City anything. Mareseca limped over the line in the championship with the best squad by miles. A 6-2 win over wolves proves absolutely nothing about his credentials as a top level manager. Winning things is the aim of football and domestic cups are not Mickey mouse trophies.
Especially when none of the other « teams implementing style of play » won said Mickey mouse trophies

So you think another manager would take this squad and win the CL or beat City to the title? Cuckoo

He said “competing”. There’s a lot of grey area between winning said trophies and finishing 8th in the league and last in CL group.

Since when was the FA cup a Micky Mouse trophy?

People just don't want to admit there's positives to winning under EtH even if there's flaws. He and the squad are far from perfect and competing for the league or CL.

Any Treble trophy - UEFA domestic league, Champions League, top domestic cup competition - is big time silverware. Always has been and always will be.

I can't understand why we would go after a declining player who can't score.
Made up rumour...surely?:nervous: