Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

I'll take Lavia, Madueke, even Colvill in a swap deal, but definitely not a system player like Sterling, on high wages, or a another sick note of a left back in Chilwell.

Get Sancho to Juve on a loan, with obligations to buy. None of this swapping with Chelsea players that are not in their project.

Tbf I’d rather have Sterling than Sancho.

There are zero reports of us being interested in Sterling.

Why are people panicking?

Interest from Chelsea to flog him off of course.

We have smarter people running the club now. A straight swap makes zero sense for United. Either we’re getting money out of this or other more useful players.

I don’t think ETH plans to use Sancho at all and Im with him on that point. No coming back after what he did. Getting rid of him should be a priority.

We have smarter people running the club now. A straight swap makes zero sense for United. Either we’re getting money out of this or other more useful players.

I don’t think ETH plans to use Sancho at all and Im with him on that point. No coming back after what he did. Getting rid of him should be a priority.
There are reports, scroll back up and you'll see the tweets mentioning it

Surely this Sterling swap is bs
Makes no absolutely no sense

Our forwards have been shite but I don’t think we need to panic buy Sterling

Its an interesting idea though. Is there anyone else (not sterling) we can look for a swap in chelsea team who is not in their future model and still a decent squad player.

Sancho is at best a bad squad player so even if we replace him with a good squad player, its a win.

Its an interesting idea though. Is there anyone else (not sterling) we can look for a swap in chelsea team who is not in their future model and still a decent squad player.

Sancho is at best a bad squad player so even if we replace him with a good squad player, its a win.
Doesn't matter what they are for Chelsea; should be what we want or no deal, and definitely not entertaining aged players.

Lavia or partial Caicedo subsidy. Palmer, if we're really intent on being daft.

I’d consider Chalobah in a deal.

As many have said, absolutely do not need an aging player whose best years are well gone, and is on big wages. Chilwell would make sense as a backup LB if he was ever fit, but he missed one game more than Shaw last year (35 vs 34 according to transfermarkt) and has had a dreadful fitness record since joining Chelsea.

Would happily take a decent CM in part-exchange though - Lavia would be a good squad option...

Would have before we signed De Ligt - or if we were v.confident of shifting Lindelof AND Maguire before the window closes

I think Lindelof will go.

Yeah looking at their squad it’s slim pickings. Gallagher is another I’d have taken. Anyway I very much doubt there’s anything in it.

All the evidence suggests that INEOS have brought in a very sensible transfer policy and are no longer bringing in players who are past their mid-20s. Can't see Sterling coming to us.

All the evidence suggests that INEOS have brought in a very sensible transfer policy and are no longer bringing in players who are past their mid-20s. Can't see Sterling coming to us.
I don't think swapping a toxic player we can't get money for in return for Sterling destroys that policy. We'd still have got Maz, De Ligt, Zirzkee, Yorro and De Ligt in outside of it - all but 1 of whom are under 25.

Not after signing de Ligt and Yoro. And since they already sold Gallagher - not really anyone I want. But there could be 12 players I haven't thought of
Chaloboah is an interesting one though. Maz will almost certainly find some injury issues and then we'll be reliant on Dalot at RB again.

Chaloboah can play RB, CB and even CDM. He's young, homegrown and can represent some very good value for us in a part swap.

Or loaning him out to Juventus for one season because the hierarchy don’t have much confidence in ETH being our manager next summer, no CL football he’s sacked, simple?

Or loaning him out to Juventus for one season because the hierarchy don’t have much confidence in ETH being our manager next summer, no CL football he’s sacked, simple?
He shouldn’t play for this club again regardless of the manager - he’s a total waste of space and plays with less intensity than me at 5-aside if we’re 7-0 down.

He shouldn’t play for this club again regardless of the manager - he’s a total waste of space and plays with less intensity than me at 5-aside if we’re 7-0 down.
Yet dominated PSG in a CL semi final ?
He will go and succeed mark my word, sometimes the coach and player just don’t work and it’s not always the players fault although I agree Sancho should have been far more professional, ETH is no United master coach, his persistent backing of Antony should have already cost him his job?

I would rather not let him go to Chelsea or any club in the PL. You will see he will come back to haunt us every season.

I don't think swapping a toxic player we can't get money for in return for Sterling destroys that policy. We'd still have got Maz, De Ligt, Zirzkee, Yorro and De Ligt in outside of it - all but 1 of whom are under 25.
It destroys it by definition. He's 29. Put him on a 3 year contract (and I'd reckon that's the minimum) and he's 32 - the age at which we have habitually complained about dead wood needing to be moved on. Speed goes, and he's on a downhill path.

All of the peolle involved in this deal, the two clubs, the players and their agents are going into this with their eyes open.

Both are players not able to command a regular place in their teams and are on high wages with years to run.

We are not going to be able to offload Sancho without taking on a similar liability from Chelsea for Sterling. They is going to be some horse trading financially to make this work.

But both managers feel they can't get much out of their current player and feel like rolling the dice and seeing if they can get something out of the other one.

I think Sterling might be good for Rasmus