Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Why would we pay him out? Contrary to AWB, we don't really want to sell, at least it doesn't seem like we're pushing him out
If McTominay wants to leave the club, then United don't seem like they'll force him to stay. At that point, they'll have to offer a payout as I'm guessing that Napoli don't want to pay his United wages.

Why would we pay him out? Contrary to AWB, we don't really want to sell, at least it doesn't seem like we're pushing him out
There is always a loyalty payment unless the player asks to be transfer listed.. standard.. nothing new

If McTominay wants to leave the club, then United don't seem like they'll force him to stay. At that point, they'll have to offer a payout as I'm guessing that Napoli don't want to pay his United wages.
But if he's the one that wants to leave, surely that's tough luck if Napoli don't cover his salary appropriately?

Don’t fancy Sterling or Chilwell but I’d swap Sancho for Mr Blobby so whatever. Just get rid. Sterling strikes me as one of those people who’s actually always been a United fan.

I think Ugarte deal is agreed as a loan with an obligation to buy, but we waited to see if McT would leave, then we can make Ugarte's deal permanent..
Either way, I think Ugarte is a done deal..

He's only making £60k a week, Napoli can easily afford his wages. It's likely they're giving him a raise with his new contract.

The payout would just be to compensate McT a bit for his potential free agency in 1-2 years when he could get a signing bonus. Happens with many players near the end of their contract. Likely a couple million, not a big deal.

Reactions: mazhar13
Once again, we seem to be the only club that has to pay off players to leave.
No, you just don't follow the details of other clubs like you do United most likely. Payoffs and wage subsidies are quite common.

Last edited:
Why would Chelsea want Sancho? They already have so many players.

If we do an exchange give us Lavia and Madueke then.

I'm fine with Sterling if he's not on big wages. He'd need to go on less than half wages, and given he wants to leave desperately now, I reckon he would.

I'm fine with Sterling if he's not on big wages. He'd need to go on less than half wages, and given he wants to leave desperately now, I reckon he would.
Yeah. I think actually Sterling would be an upgrade on Sancho (on and off the pitch) if he were on equal or lesser wages.

It would be better to just sell Sancho, but it seems that option is off the table. If the three realistic options are:
  1. Keep Sancho another year
  2. Loan Sancho out for partial wage coverage
  3. Swap him for a similarly expensive player like Sterling
Which of those is best? That's the real question.

Are you fecking real right now? What do we need him for when we already have past it players like Casemiro and Eriksen? It seems you guys have not learned anything for many years

I remember saying, half in jest, when we signed Sancho that I'd not be shocked if he turned out to be total shit and we'd be looking to get rid of him in a few years.

Sad but not shocked it turned out as it did

I remember saying, half in jest, when we signed Sancho that I'd not be shocked if he turned out to be total shit and we'd be looking to get rid of him in a few years.

Sad but not shocked it turned out as it did
I was so excited. *Sigh*

Certainly never expected to end up in a state where we'd struggle to even move him on just a few years later.

Christ, seeing Sterling's name linked is frightening. Him and Rashford on similar wages, offering similarly low outputs would be a nightmare.

He would very much be an old Glazer/Woodward type signing.

Last edited:
Never been fond of Sterling for a number of reasons - his many years with City and Liverpool principally.

But even putting that aside, I'm not fond of him as a signing at this stage of his career as he very much feels a player whose prime years (which were very impressive) are behind him. So just don't think it's the right kind of signing for us - though the kind we'd have made in the recent past.

I can see the thinking that both players need a change of environment, and have more to offer than they've been showing, so all parties could benefit to some extent if they start performing closer to their ability. But ideally I'd hope to just get Sancho off our books, rather than replace him with a player who is some other clubs very similar problem. And the same with Chilwell.

Are you fecking real right now? What do we need him for when we already have past it players like Casemiro and Eriksen? It seems you guys have not learned anything for many years
Calm down. The situation were in appears to be that no one will actually pay for Sancho and just want to loan him. We have an opportunity to swap him for a player who brings experience, can come off the bench if needed and in my pre requisite, enters on half the wages.

The deal could be a lot worse. On a side note I'm curious whether sterling flopped because of the Chelsea circus or if he's truly past it. I want to see how he does irrespective, say at Villa or Palace.

The problem with Sterling is that we already know for a fact that he can't score at Old Trafford.

Calm down. The situation were in appears to be that no one will actually pay for Sancho and just want to loan him. We have an opportunity to swap him for a player who brings experience, can come off the bench if needed and in my pre requisite, enters on half the wages.

The deal could be a lot worse. On a side note I'm curious whether sterling flopped because of the Chelsea circus or if he's truly past it. I want to see how he does irrespective, say at Villa or Palace.
The primary problem with Sancho is that he has not been productive on big wages, why would we bring a player who has also not been productive for two years, on similar wages and 29years with no value? That is outrageous even disregarding his history with our rivals

I had rather keep Sancho or loan him to Juvenrys with obligation to buy than add another problem.

We can easily get what Sterling brings on 1/3 of his wages with better sell on value

I can see the outrage being linked to Sterling and Chilwell. Chilwell in particular is more injured than Shaw so why would we want another injured LB?

Sterling is past his prime and probably wants £200k a week plus. I’d much rather have Sterling than Sancho at the moment. We have a manager who won’t use him at all so it’s pointless keeping him. At least Sterling would give us another option over Rashford.

In an ideal world we just sell Sancho to Chelsea and get in a player from elsewhere.

The primary problem with Sancho is that he has not been productive on big wages, why would we bring a player who has also not been productive for two years, on similar wages and 29years with no value? That is outrageous even disregarding his history with our rivals

I had rather keep Sancho or loan him to Juvenrys with obligation to buy than add another problem.

We can easily get what Sterling brings on 1/3 of his wages with better sell on value
The primary problem with sancho is that he is very unprofessional. And Ive said twice that it isn't too bad if sterling came on less than half the wages.

I dont know why you keep ignoring what I've actually said!

I can see the outrage being linked to Sterling and Chilwell. Chilwell in particular is more injured than Shaw so why would we want another injured LB?

Sterling is past his prime and probably wants £200k a week plus. I’d much rather have Sterling than Sancho at the moment. We have a manager who won’t use him at all so it’s pointless keeping him. At least Sterling would give us another option over Rashford.

In an ideal world we just sell Sancho to Chelsea and get in a player from elsewhere.

He'll want more than that. He has 3 years left on a 300k+ contract and yeah Chilwell is a serious injury concern. This just isn't a runner.

I think Sterling at a club where you just need an experienced squad player (e.g. Arsenal), he'd be an okay signing. At United, the profile just seems all wrong with it likely ending with us complaining why we signed another player on the decline.

We will likely expect too much of him and he will fail said expectations.

No club with any sense should be helping Chelsea out of the hole they have dug for themselves.

Sterling is well and truly on a downward curve career wise. Swapping one problem for a different problem. No thanks.

If we get rid of Sancho finally, but then end up with Sterling :lol: might as well see if we can get Woodward back in to sort it for us.

If Chelsea are happy to cover all of Sancho’s wages while subbing at least half of Sterlings then there’s a deal to be made.

Anything else and we should laugh in their face.

Sancho/sterling swap. We happy to take an ex-Liverpool and MCFC player? Not for me.