Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

“ That will leave us with currently.
Bruno
Mount
Casemiro
Manoo
Collyer”

Arguably both Amad and Sancho can be used in midfield as #10 - but I would think their departure would lead to 2 incoming one to play #6 and another to play #8

Exactly, that is not very smart thinking when they both have a different profile to Kobbie
I really would have liked Youssouf Fofana for this reason. He's not as tidy as Mainoo but his athleticism makes up the difference.

This better not cost us league points, hopefully like other occasions he is left with egg on his face

He is worst case scenario missing 2 league matches - and it's very unlikely he would have started either of those matches. He lacks fitness to play at the weekend - and there is no way we would give him his full debut against Liverpool as long as we have 2 of McT, Casemiro and Mainoo to pick from

Cardiff signed a City youngster for s £1m with potential addons taking it to £3m if met. Hopefully with got a little more for Fish with the obvious addons and percentage of next sale.

Cardiff signed a City youngster for s £1m with potential addons taking it to £3m if met. Hopefully with got a little more for Fish with the obvious addons and percentage of next sale.

I think it'll be pretty similar to Mengi, Laird, Iqbal and co. A nominal fee with a big sell-on %.

It must mean our offer was below £20m. I think we've really missed a trick with Berge. Looks so similar to Carrick in the way he plays. Very efficient with his movements and with the ball. Ah well.

This makes me think we put out Berge stories to encourage Fulham to pay up for McTominay. Not bothered on Berge, he was clearly a backup target. Not desperate to shift McTominay either but it would be great to get a decent fee for him, hopefully Napoli have the money.

So, they pivoted off McT to sign Berge for a similar price. McT is staying here for another season isn't he? No way Napoli are going to pay what we are demanding.
Napoli don't even want to purchase him outright this summer. They only want him on loan. There's no way United will even consider that offer unless it includes a purchase obligation for next summer.

Napoli don't even want to purchase him outright this summer. They only want him on loan. There's no way United will even consider that offer unless it includes a purchase obligation for next summer.
Unless McT forces the move and there is a purchase obligation, I don't see us agreeing to a loan deal at all.

Bad news as it means Fulham wont be signing McTominay but good news they're taking Berge. I doubt the rumors were true about us being interested but you never know better be safe.

Bad news as it means Fulham wont be signing McTominay but good news they're taking Berge. I doubt the rumors were true about us being interested but you never know better be safe.
I would rather we bought Berge and sold McT as he's a lot more of what we need. Reminds me of Carrick. Calm, composed, seems to position well, keeps his passes simple most of the time and can find a long pass too. For that money he's worth a place in the squad.

I would rather we bought Berge and sold McT as he's a lot more of what we need. Reminds me of Carrick. Calm, composed, seems to position well, keeps his passes simple most of the time and can find a long pass too. For that money he's worth a place in the squad.
we wont be signing 2 CDMs, signing Berge would mean we had given up on Ugarte. We need more quality than a championship player on his prime. Berge is not top team quality no matter how cheap he is we should be aiming for superior players.

Selling McTominay and spending that money on Berge would have been hugely underwhelming.

Berge's ceiling is what? Playing for a mid table team? Rather see someone like Collyer get the minutes instead of Berge. Can't believe you compared Berge to Carrick.

Selling McTominay and spending that money on Berge would have been hugely underwhelming.

Berge's ceiling is what? Playing for a mid table team? Rather see someone like Collyer get the minutes instead of Berge. Can't believe you compared Berge to Carrick.

The fact that he's going to Fulham for 20m at 26 says it all really.

You would think if Napoli do sell Osimhen they would have the fund for Lukaku and McTominay. I’m not sure McTominay would want to go there though. He doesn’t really seem the type to play abroad.

You would think if Napoli do sell Osimhen they would have the fund for Lukaku and McTominay. I’m not sure McTominay would want to go there though. He doesn’t really seem the type to play abroad.
Which gives us an issue if nobody here is daft enough to buy him.

The fact that he's going to Fulham for 20m at 26 says it all really.
Market for a midfielder is fairly desperate at this stage. We need someone but would rather see us wait till next summer instead of buying Berge, Ugarte or whoever will be first up on the next deadwood thread in 12 months.

Maybe a loan would work, but just put £60m aside for Wharton or someone actually of United's quality next summer. We've clearly priorised CB this summer. We need midfield signings of the equivalent quality and potential of Yoro and De Ligt.