Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Annoying since it means we lose McT for nothing next year or we offer new contract. Need the PSE boost. He's worth more to us sold than what he can probably provide this season.

Annoying since it means we lose McT for nothing next year or we offer new contract. Need the PSE boost. He's worth more to us sold than what he can probably provide this season.

Not true, United have a +1 option on McTom, the only player who was going into his final year this season was AWB.

So most likely McTom will offer cover this season and go for a smaller fee much like AWB next summer.

Loan with obligation to buy would be great. We'd keep McTominay and get Ugarte aswel. Scot would be more useful than Case at least.

Loan with obligation to buy would be great. We'd keep McTominay and get Ugarte aswel. Scot would be more useful than Case at least.
I don't understand "be more useful than Case at least". Have you not seen our last two matches? Casemiro has started both with McTominay as sub in each. McTominay will never be more useful than Casemiro despite his poor form last season. McTominay is a dreadful midfielder. Look at his passing stats the past 2 seasons. He must be sold.

Loan with option/obligation may free up funds to address other positions. LB or another midfielder. Possibly bring in Amrabat for a reduced fee.

Loan with option/obligation may free up funds to address other positions. LB or another midfielder. Possibly bring in Amrabat for a reduced fee.
I personally don't see the point of Amrabat if Casemiro stays. I'd rather a profile more similar to Mainoo's.

What if he’s complete turd? Option is always best, then you try before you buy, not try and be forced to buy.
I’m yet to be convinced by his all round game, that he’s the guy to take the midfield to another level.

What if he’s complete turd? Option is always best, then you try before you buy, not try and be forced to buy.
I’m yet to be convinced by his all round game, that he’s the guy to take the midfield to another level.

Because it’s just a mechanism to buy him. They wanted a permanent deal all summer but for whatever reason the fund aren’t there for that. This isn’t about loaning Ugarte it’s about finding a way to facilitate his purchase.

PSG aren't interested in that and we don't seem to have the funds so if the club are set on getting him in permanently, which they seem to be, then a loan with obligation is a good way to go. As the other poster said, that could well mean we can afford a LB. That would be a fantastic window.

No. He won’t.

I have nothing against McSauce, but one of those players is a multi CL winning world class DM and the other is Scot McTominay (who frankly doesn’t even have a ‘best position’)

Because it’s just a mechanism to buy him. They wanted a permanent deal all summer but for whatever reason the fund aren’t there for that. This isn’t about loaning Ugarte it’s about finding a way to facilitate his purchase.
We have the funds to facilitate his purchase. The *loan with obligation" is about protecting us from severe downside. The obligation is based on a given set of conditions (e.g., matches played, UCL qualification), so that if Ugarte busts we can back out.

It would give us more spending power this summer, but given we aren't linked with other expensive targets I highly doubt that's the reason we're doing it.

Op
Option to buy also facilitates it and is certainly better for any potential buying club.

We are selling him for 5M, half of what we sold Kambwala for? And we somehow lost money on him because we bought him for around 10M?

Good god, this is a terrible deal. City/Chelsea would have sold him for 20M+ easily.

We are selling him for 5M, half of what we sold Kambwala for? And we somehow lost money on him because we bought him for around 10M?

Good god, this is a terrible deal. City/Chelsea would have sold him for 20M+ easily.
Mostly because people clearly don't want to buy him for more than £5m.

Yeah it was obvious we would not be signing any more defenders this season, although lots here were claiming we would be signing a left back. We're not buying one until we sell Malacia/Shaw. CF is a no go either, for obvious reasons.

Our best bet now is McTominay out + Ugarte in.

If that doesnt happen, this window is a 7/10 at best.

We save wages on a player that would've never played - and we get a fee for it. I'm happy with this.

What we paid for him is in the past.

Not one to join the moaning but that is a poor deal to be fair. We bought him for 9m and he’s since become a regular starter for Uruguay. He also started regularly in La Liga last season.
I am guessing the reason he is going to Greece is that there was no demand for him from clubs in the top 5 leagues. Prices fall further as you drop down the leagues. 6m does seem shocking, but that must have been the best anyone has offered for him.

It's mad that he plays regularly for Uruguay but nobody is interested in him.
He refused more suitable loans to stay in Spain which didn't help him. The 4 months at Granada weren't that bad for him but he was also kept at United in the first half of last season for no reason.

I am guessing the reason he is going to Greece is that there was no demand for him from clubs in the top 5 leagues. Prices fall further as you drop down the leagues. 6m does seem shocking, but that must have been the best anyone has offered for him.
Probably more he insisted to move there because he knows the manager and he’ll play every week. As much as I’ve never been a big fan - for 5m you’d think plenty of clubs would have taken a punt. He works hard, is a good dribbler and is still young.

Nothing really new and exciting.

- McTom has suitors but doesn't seem like anyone will meet our valuation. Fulham moved on, Napoli held talks but the price is prohibitive and contrary to reports they haven't agreed personal terms with him. Everton also interested but may not have the money.
- Ajax are interested in Eriksen. We want 5m. They probably can't afford that as they need to balance the books. No expectation of a sale atm.
- Pellestri is likely going to Greece
- We want to sell Mejbri and Lindelof.
- Sancho was never in PSG's plans this summer. We want 40m but no takers at his current wages. Some at United sense that "Chelsea may make an approach"..whatever that means.

- We won't sign a LB. Feel there is adequate cover and Shaw's injury is not serious.
- We want to sign a CM. Ugarte could be a late in the window signing.
- A striker signing may come into play but a major sale is needed. Toney deemed too expensive.

Pellistri for £5m does make you wonder how much fiddling of the books Chelsea and the like do when it feels like they sell similar players for £20m+

Like is our price reflective of the real market and they're somehow fecking about to get what they earn in cahoots with other teams or are we just that shit at selling?

I saw somewhere that their manager is the same manager who gave him his international debut. If true, that's probably a deciding factor that the manager trusts him and will give him gametime and at the age of 22, he hasn't had an awful lot of regularly minutes.

Probably more he insisted to move there because he knows the manager and he’ll play every week. As much as I’ve never been a big fan - for 5m you’d think plenty of clubs would have taken a punt. He works hard, is a good dribbler and is still young.

I saw somewhere that their manager is the same manager who gave him his international debut. If true, that's probably a deciding factor that the manager trusts him and will give him gametime and at the age of 22, he hasn't had an awful lot of regularly minutes.

Oh, I didn't know that. Makes sense for him to go there then. However, I don't think anyone would have offered a whole lot more for him. He can run around a bit but has no end product. This is also the final year of his contract.

- McTom has suitors but doesn't seem like anyone will meet our valuation. Fulham moved on, Napoli held talks but the price is prohibitive and contrary to reports they haven't agreed personal terms with him. Everton also interested but may not have the money.
- Ajax are interested in Eriksen. We want 5m. They probably can't afford that as they need to balance the books. No expectation of a sale atm.
- Sancho was never in PSG's plans this summer. We want 40m but no takers at his current wages. Some at United sense that "Chelsea may make an approach"..whatever that means.

- We won't sign a LB. Feel there is adequate cover and Shaw's injury is not serious.
- A striker signing may come into play but a major sale is needed. Toney deemed too expensive.
Wow that seems a bit underwhelming now. We are terrible at shifting players for a decent price or at all. I wonder what United Would get for 5m ? Probably half a Pellestri

Some at United sense that "Chelsea may make an approach"..whatever that means.

It means exactly what it says. It means that some people within the club believe that Chelsea will come in for him. Football is a very close knit industry, everyone knows everyone so there’ll be whispers that certain moves may happen & thus the sentence: “some believe that Chelsea will make an approach” - I can almost guarantee that clubs make approaches for players that none of us will even know about as it doesn’t reach the media, it’s impossible for that not to be the case.

Pellistri for £5m does make you wonder how much fiddling of the books Chelsea and the like do when it feels like they sell similar players for £20m+

Like is our price reflective of the real market and they're somehow fecking about to get what they earn in cahoots with other teams or are we just that shit at selling?
Maybe he is on high wages compared to the random players Chelsea and City are selling?

We bought Pellestri for €8.5m, he’s valued at €10m on transfermrkt. €6m would probably include a sizeable sell-on %, you would expect minimum 50%.

He’s not going to make it here, so there is no point in keeping him. Just let him go and if he develops well, we get a decent fee in return in future. I’m not expecting much though.

I would still like to see us continue making such deals, regardless.

Maybe he is on high wages compared to the random players Chelsea and City are selling?
He’s supposedly on 20k per week.