Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Nothing really new and exciting.

- McTom has suitors but doesn't seem like anyone will meet our valuation. Fulham moved on, Napoli held talks but the price is prohibitive and contrary to reports they haven't agreed personal terms with him. Everton also interested but may not have the money.
- Ajax are interested in Eriksen. We want 5m. They probably can't afford that as they need to balance the books. No expectation of a sale atm.
- Pellestri is likely going to Greece
- We want to sell Mejbri and Lindelof.
- Sancho was never in PSG's plans this summer. We want 40m but no takers at his current wages. Some at United sense that "Chelsea may make an approach"..whatever that means.

- We won't sign a LB. Feel there is adequate cover and Shaw's injury is not serious.
- We want to sign a CM. Ugarte could be a late in the window signing.
- A striker signing may come into play but a major sale is needed. Toney deemed too expensive.

The striker signing is the one I'm not sure about. We already have Rasmus and Zirkzee while also being able to switch to a false 9 Bruno, so not sure its worth investing in another striker right now, despite how tempting Toney might be for the right fee.

Nothing really new and exciting.

- McTom has suitors but doesn't seem like anyone will meet our valuation. Fulham moved on, Napoli held talks but the price is prohibitive and contrary to reports they haven't agreed personal terms with him. Everton also interested but may not have the money.
- Ajax are interested in Eriksen. We want 5m. They probably can't afford that as they need to balance the books. No expectation of a sale atm.
- Pellestri is likely going to Greece
- We want to sell Mejbri and Lindelof.
- Sancho was never in PSG's plans this summer. We want 40m but no takers at his current wages. Some at United sense that "Chelsea may make an approach"..whatever that means.

- We won't sign a LB. Feel there is adequate cover and Shaw's injury is not serious.
- We want to sign a CM. Ugarte could be a late in the window signing.
- A striker signing may come into play but a major sale is needed. Toney deemed too expensive.
Would rather we go all out next summer and sign a quality left back than just buy someone now to stick a plaster on a issue and get stuck with another player who isn't good enough.

In the context of Liv selling Carvalho and Clark for £27m and £10m respectively, this deal is a slap in the face for us. I truly believe that collectively PL (and other league clubs) deliberately undervalue our players so we either don't sell or have to at paltry fees.

Yeah it was obvious we would not be signing any more defenders this season, although lots here were claiming we would be signing a left back. We're not buying one until we sell Malacia/Shaw. CF is a no go either, for obvious reasons.

Our best bet now is McTominay out + Ugarte in.

If that doesnt happen, this window is a 7/10 at best.
It didn’t say a CF is a no go. Not likely of course as they’d need sales. But my reading is that United would ideally get one in

We bought Pellestri for €8.5m, he’s valued at €10m on transfermrkt. €6m would probably include a sizeable sell-on %, you would expect minimum 50%.

He’s not going to make it here, so there is no point in keeping him. Just let him go and if he develops well, we get a decent fee in return in future. I’m not expecting much though.

I would still like to see us continue making such deals, regardless.

He’s supposedly on 20k per week.

It's also important in showing potential youth signings that we'll let them move on if things don't work out here. Holding young players hostage to scrape back an extra €2m-5m is just going to backfire long term, much better that we allow them to move on to the right club to build their career (with a suitable sell-on clause/buy-back etc).

It's also important in showing potential youth signings that we'll let them move on if things don't work out here. Holding young players hostage to scrape back an extra €2m-5m is just going to backfire long term, much better that we allow them to move on to the right club to build their career (with a suitable sell-on clause/buy-back etc).
This is what United have always done and I hope continue to do, let them go for lower to enable them to have a career.

If Mctominey, Eriksen, Hannibel are all to leave we must be bringing in 2 midfielders.

That will leave us with currently.
Bruno
Mount
Casemiro
Manoo
Collyer
As much as I'd like to see us move on from all three of those, I don't see us adding two if we get Ugarte.
Pellistri for £5m does make you wonder how much fiddling of the books Chelsea and the like do when it feels like they sell similar players for £20m+

Like is our price reflective of the real market and they're somehow fecking about to get what they earn in cahoots with other teams or are we just that shit at selling?
There were some massively dodgy deals done involving Chelsea, Villa, Everton and Forest to name a few just before the 30th June. How they got away with it is an absolute joke, so this isn’t comparable.

Id have hoped a full and current Uruguay international would have fetched £10-£15million but clearly he doesn’t have a market in Europe’s big leagues. Hopefully we’ve a big sell on clause and he does well there to enable us to make a few more million in the future. To be honest I think it’ll be similar with Hannibal. If we get €10million I’ll be surprised.

Pellistri for £5m does make you wonder how much fiddling of the books Chelsea and the like do when it feels like they sell similar players for £20m+

Like is our price reflective of the real market and they're somehow fecking about to get what they earn in cahoots with other teams or are we just that shit at selling?
I think it’s a mix of both. Those clubs effectively did swap deals at inflated prices that netted out, for PSR purposes. It’s dodgy as feck. Those randoms Villa sold to Chelsea and vice versa for £20m or something… outrageous.

However, on the flip side is Pellistri actually that good? I wanted him to be and I think he could do well, but he’s never made a mark at United - at a time when we we’ve been not great ourselves.

Also United has a long tradition of not standing in the way of players surplus to requirements that want to leave for better game time (under Fergie especially). I think this is similar.

Poor deal, but more than I thought actually. We have too many players no-one really wants or are on too high wages, it’s shows in the interest and value for these players. I’m afraid we just have to accept that and move on from these players. 6 million is something at least.

Yeah it was obvious we would not be signing any more defenders this season, although lots here were claiming we would be signing a left back. We're not buying one until we sell Malacia/Shaw. CF is a no go either, for obvious reasons.

Our best bet now is McTominay out + Ugarte in.

If that doesnt happen, this window is a 7/10 at best.
We desperately need Ugarte regardless of outgoings, and probably another midfielder additionally

We are selling him for 5M, half of what we sold Kambwala for? And we somehow lost money on him because we bought him for around 10M?

Good god, this is a terrible deal. City/Chelsea would have sold him for 20M+ easily.
Not to Panathanaikos they wouldn't. Have you heard of any interest from any richer teams? We can't magically generate interest for our unwanted players.

Villarreal have more money than any Greek teams so of course the Kambwala fee is going to be better.

Also, please remind me who paid big money for Drinkwater, Baba Rahman and Batshuyi when they departed. Lukaku is still on Chelsea's books and we'll see how they handle the Sterling situation.

You're moaning for the sake of moaning.

A lot of noise around Ugarte, I'd be pretty confident it gets done before the deadline. Then you would have to consider it a very good transfer window, got all our targets bar Branthwaite but the added bonus of Yoro to offset this.

In the context of Liv selling Carvalho and Clark for £27m and £10m respectively, this deal is a slap in the face for us. I truly believe that collectively PL (and other league clubs) deliberately undervalue our players so we either don't sell or have to at paltry fees.
Were either of those players bought by Greek clubs?

“A number of clubs” but names PSG, Dortmund and Juve. Nothing new, nothing tweet. Dortmund and Juve can neither afford the fee nor his wage. They probably are looking at a late loan bid with option to buy at best. Feck both those clubs.

“A number of clubs” but names PSG, Dortmund and Juve. Nothing new, nothing tweet. Dortmund and Juve can neither afford the fee nor his wage. They probably are looking at a late loan bid with option to buy at best. Feck both those clubs.
Darmesh should be on the banned list. He’s a bigger clickbait merchant than the aggregators.

A lot of noise around Ugarte, I'd be pretty confident it gets done before the deadline. Then you would have to consider it a very good transfer window, got all our targets bar Branthwaite but the added bonus of Yoro to offset this.

We need a proper number 9 for me still. Braithwaite can wait a year hopefully Maguire has a great season and can be swapped out painlessly.

It’s more about the principle.

One was Burnleys player of the season, the other did okay on loan at Birmingham and hasn't done much since. Players are worth what a team is willing to pay for them as we are seeing with Mctominay. If Mctominay never played for us and we were given the option of signing him or Berge, I doubt many fans would pick Mctominay over Berge and Berge went for £20mil + 5 and we are looking for £30mil for Mctominay with 1 year left.... We over rate our players. Hannibal has shown that he probably would be a good player in the championship due to a decent season loan at Birmingham, he hasn't shown anything else to say that he is higher than that. If we get anything above £10mil id be happy.