Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Just get it over with, I'm only into this as long as it keeps Maguire far away from the starting eleven.

This will be fantastic. Surely an agreement is a matter of time with personal terms already agreed.
Bit of pressure to conclude it with the Yoro injury

Puts the ball back in Bayern's court regarding fee to an extent.

hopefully sorted soon and gives Yoro the chance to recover well and take time with rehabilitation - gotta feel that some were rushed back last year

Maybe if AWB had ever come close to an England squad since 2019, then yeah, maybe it would be extra valuable
It was answered by someone else not long after your comment, but yeah, i was referring to squad rules and PL-proven arguments as to why english-tax should apply.

Nobody is paying 30m for him, unless they are stupid and blind at the same time.

Our valuation of him is over the top, take 20 and 5m in achievable add ons and move on.

Nobody is paying 30m for him, unless they are stupid and blind at the same time.

Our valuation of him is over the top, take 20 and 5m in achievable add ons and move on.

I don't think it's an unreasonable request. An experienced, reliable midfielder who has scored seven PL goals more than ESR, a winger who went for 27m + 7m.

United want 30, Fulham offered 20, so there is a chance they will meet somewhere in the middle, the club will negotiate to get the best offer they can

Did Bayern find that double bid derisory and insulting?

I don't think it's an unreasonable request. An experienced, reliable midfielder who has scored seven PL goals more than ESR, a winger who went for 27m + 7m.

Many people want the culture to change at United.
But on the other hand, would still give our players away for free and want United to 'just pay it' in regards to many people we're linked with.

Scott is easily worth 25m in a window were Smith-Rowe as you said goes for above 30m, and Kilman goes for around 40m

If he's reliable he would not be on the chopping block.

Why is that not how it works? Do clubs sell reliable players? Especially in an area of the team that needs all the reinforcements and quality it can get? Let's not kid ourselves.

Teams always look to improve.
McTominay is fine squad player and I'd much rather move on Casemiro or Eriksen.
But everything has levels.

If Fulham need a midfielder, why not just go for Rabiot on a free. Yes thats right, because he wouldn't want to go to them, so they need to find players who are willing to move clubs.
McTominay at Fulham would be a starter and a very good player. An international player, with European experience and chips in with goals.

For us, he's a decent / good squad player, but for Fulham, he'd be one of their best players.
Then there is us, we're willing to go to around 40-45m for Ugarte, which suggests we rate him better than what we have, in this case, McTominay, so we raise funds to help make the deal happen

Why is that not how it works? Do clubs sell reliable players? Especially in an area of the team that needs all the reinforcements and quality it can get? Let's not kid ourselves.

Of course they do. Contract situations, potential improvements available, player looking for more playing time etc.

Finally. Things are in motion. After this, go get 2 CMs that are not scared of the ball.

Latest Romano tweet is still just talking about one midfielder, my gut feeling is that it was only going to be two if Casemiro/Eriksen was sold

Then there is us, we're willing to go to around 40-45m for Ugarte, which suggests we rate him better than what we have, in this case, McTominay, so we raise funds to help make the deal happen

Its more that we want to change an offensive midfielder for a defensive one, since we have enough of the former and not the latter.

Its more that we want to change an offensive midfielder for a defensive one, since we have enough of the former and not the latter.

Also a valid point.
I think one of the bigger mistakes we made was signing Mount.
Even before the injury hit season, it felt an underwhelming signing.

But thats the past, that was the old regime. I actually like how the new guys have gone about their business so far

Didnt Bayern accept 13.5M for Mazraoui from West Ham? Wouldnt be surprised if they are suddenly asking more from us.

Also a valid point.
I think one of the bigger mistakes we made was signing Mount.
Even before the injury hit season, it felt an underwhelming signing.

But thats the past, that was the old regime. I actually like how the new guys have gone about their business so far

Yeah maybe he has a really good season but feel we could have spent that money better

Didnt Bayern accept 13.5M for Mazraoui from West Ham? Wouldnt be surprised if they are suddenly asking more from us.
Why should we match West Ham’s bid, they could bid £100m, if the player doesn’t want to go there and only wants us, we bid what we think he’s worth. Same reason why Real have been able to bid lower than a rival and usually still get the player is because at the end of the day, the player’s choice in paramount.

Why should we match West Ham’s bid, they could bid £100m, if the player doesn’t want to go there and only wants us, we bid what we think he’s worth. Same reason why Real have been able to bid lower than a rival and usually still get the player is because at the end of the day, the player’s choice in paramount.
I think the point was why should we be going any higher than West Ham's bid, not why should we match it. West Ham had their bid accepted so that's what Bayern have set as an acceptable selling price, for them to then ask us for more is taking the piss

He is tearing up in the league from were we bought Rasmus and Zirkzee, 26y old enetering his prime.
@Rojofiam

He's a good player but nowhere near worth 100m. Real value is probably around half that. His main strength that could translate well into a more difficult league and a team that's not as dominant in the PL as Inter currently are in Italy is his ball striking IMO, but that's just one of the things you need from a striker. So it would be a massive mistake spending triple-digits or close to that on him.

He's also a very environment dependent player. The only two teams in the PL where he could somewhat replicate his Inter numbers are City and Arsenal, but those two teams have better players up front than him. And he would have a much harder time in the PL even if he played for a dominant team like Inter because it's more physical. So the numbers would decline. Alvarez is very similar at City IMO. Similar profile. Good ball striking, good mental profile, works hard and makes good runs in a system that's well-oiled and dominates most of their opponents, so it leads to him looking like a world beater because he has good ball striking and often finds himself in big empty spaces when receiving the ball, with his runs in behind.

Please, also consider that the teams Hojlund and Zirkzee played in were nowhere near Inter's level collectively. 22/23 Atalanta finished 5th on 64 points and Hojlund wasn't even a guaranteed starter for them. But if you look at the minutes he played, he was a 1 in 2 striker for them, which is impressive at 19 and no prior experience in a top 5 European league: 10 goals and 4 assists in 1835 minutes (20.38 full matches of playtime if you divide by 90).

Zirkzee is not a huge goal threat but United were aware of that when he was brought in. He's a facilitator type, different to Lautaro. Hojlund is different too, but Hojlund's main objective is to score goals. I don't think that's the case with Zirkzee. But the potential to grow into a deadly striker is there with him too IMO, but it will likely take years for him to develop into something like that.

So my point is that Martínez's and Alvárez's reliance on the system they're deployed in leads to them getting heavily overestimated in the eyes of most football fans. Both players would look like shadows of themselves if they came to United, especially the 2023/24 season version of the team.

I know this will be laughed at, but Hojlund is quite easily the more valuable profile than both Argentines. He just needs to develop for a bit and for United to create a collectively good and well-oiled system/environment around him, and then my previous sentence will become the general consensus, because Hojlund will be dropping 30 goals per season without breaking a sweat.

All logic and reason goes out the window when United come knocking.

Add that United tax on!
Because we've been letting clubs take the piss out of us for years and it will be some time before that reputation goes away.

Because we've been letting clubs take the piss out of us for years and it will be some time before that reputation goes away.
Only way for that reputation to go away is to start winning again. When we win, the best players will push harder to move to us and that will mean we can offer lower fees. Winning solves everything. Including off-field troubles.

If selling McTominay is the only way to get a new midfielder in then we absolutely need to do it. Going past August with our current set of options unchanged from last season would be disastrous and inadequate from the management.