Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Plettenberg himself reported Westham agreed BM €15.5m + €4m for Mazraoui, so it's most likely we get the same valuation
In that tweet he says the transfer fee is atleast €25m all-in. We should get the same valuation. No way can Bayern demand more from us when they already agreed a lower fee with another club. Screw that.

Tier 1:

To emphasize, the names in the Tweet aren't our only options. There are more who aren't mentioned in the Tweet & article, including Fofana (Tweet to come soon).

More info:
  • McTominay price range: £25m to £30m
    • Interested clubs: Fulham (2 bids rejected), Galatasaray, and Fenerbahçe

Tier 1:

AC Milan, for Emerson Royal is expected to close within a few hours. Manchester United's insertion for Fofana destabilising negotiations and giving AS Monaco strength

United have gotten in touch with Fofana's camp, but the player still prefers a move to AC Milan. This keeps Milan as the favourites though they still aren't satisfying Monaco's demands.

Who is this? The reporter

Are we just posting tweets from anybody now?
He covers United and City for ManchesterWorld website which Rich Fray also writes for. From what I've seen he seems a decent reporter and he doesn't really have a history of reporting on transfers so hard to tell what he's got it right and what he hasn't. IIRC he reported Fulham were set to bid for McTominay earlier in the summer and of course they did. Followed by some United employees and respectable journalists like Rob Harris, Paul Hirst and Laurie Whitwell.

Is anyone going to tell me why my comment about this tweet was moved?

Or are we just not allowed to comment in here at all? Just trying to understand why a direct comment isn't allowed. The alerts doesn't even tell me who moved it so I can't even ask by DM.

Is anyone going to tell me why my comment about this tweet was moved?

Or are we just not allowed to comment in here at all? Just trying to understand why a direct comment isn't allowed. The alerts doesn't even tell me who moved it so I can't even ask by DM.
That was me. Sorry, I was moving posts to the Ederson thread and thought yours and @Adisa's were part of that conversation. I moved those to the McTominay thread now.

We are moving and deleting posts since this is the transfer tweets thread. It's just for reporting news, not for discussing it: that's for individual player threads and various wider-focused threads (like 'what do we still need in midfield'). We tried leaving a little more space earlier, but discussions on players and transfer strategy continued getting longer and longer, so it seems the middle ground (some immediate discussion here, anything longer elsewhere) doesn't work. That's why we've pretty much swerved to the side of 'news only'.

Tweets are trouble at my work plus discussions do get long, so I might occasionally get it wrong when moving posts. If you notice that, please use the report function: we don't always read all the threads, so posting on a mistaken move won't necessarily be noted. (I did see your comment in the Ederson thread now btw, but deleted it since it no longer make sense there now I moved your post again.)

Bayern Munich can only sign Doué and Tah once they make more sales. The most important sales for them are Mazraoui and de Ligt to United.

Report from Spain. No idea about this guy reliability. He looks to be a Seville based reporter.

So you've decided it's not a discussion thread at all? Fair enough and feel free to delete this post.

But we have the feed to see all the tweets and the feed refers to this as the discussion thread so it would probably be a good idea to change that.

So you've decided it's not a discussion thread at all? Fair enough and feel free to delete this post.

But we have the feed to see all the tweets and the feed refers to this as the discussion thread so it would probably be a good idea to change that.
It’s more that there are discussion threads for the specific layers players and also there’s a lot of off-topic, irrelevant chit chat. We’ve asked people to bear in mind that this is the transfer tweet thread. It’s a problem when there’s page after page of discussion not related other than someone’s brain fart being similar to someone else’s

It’s more that there are discussion threads for the specific layers players and also there’s a lot of off-topic, irrelevant chit chat. We’ve asked people to bear in mind that this is the transfer tweet thread. It’s a problem when there’s page after page of discussion not related other than someone’s brain fart being similar to someone else’s

Surely it does make sense for our overall transfer strategy to be discussed in here though? If people stray too far from that sure delete the post or warn them, but an overarching place to discuss United transfers surely belongs in the transfer tweets thread?

Surely it does make sense for our overall transfer strategy to be discussed in here though? If people stray too far from that sure delete the post or warn them, but an overarching place to discuss United transfers surely belongs in the transfer tweets thread?
I'd get it if there's a Tweet about the transfer strategy, but all too often, we've seen discussions about our transfer strategy off of a Tweet about a player. Regardless, the discussion shouldn't go on for too long, and it's always been this way even when the Caf first kicked this off.