Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

We're doing the right thing looking for more, given it's the same team who, in the same window, were prepared to pay Arsenal up to £34m for Smith Rowe.

They're doing the usual things clubs do and trying to lowball United - offering just half that (£17m) first off. We probably should sell him if we can push that fee up to a more appropriate level, as we definitely need other type of starting additions more than we need to keep a useful squad player like McTominay. But no point in giving him away cheaply when we should be able to negotiate a good amount more than the original £17m.

Happy to keep McT as a backup striker if the right bid doesn't come in. He is easily worth 25-30m. McT can do what Weghorst did and maybe even better.

I don't believe the last tweet re. Toney. If Romano was accurate that Chidi obi martin was promised a 3rd striker role, then I'd be surprised to see us panic move for Toney.
Unless Hoijlund is going to be injured for half the season plus, makes no sense to sign another striker when we have much bigger issues to fix first, like getting service to a striker.... unless a Henrik Larrson situation crops up, or unless there is a deal too good to pass by I cannot see us signing a striker either....

However the potential of putting all of our eggs in a Yoro shaped basket has already been proven to be a disaster waiting to happen, De Ligt needs to be green lighted, we need strength in depth in the CB position

I don't believe the last tweet re. Toney. If Romano was accurate that Chidi obi martin was promised a 3rd striker role, then I'd be surprised to see us panic move for Toney.
There's absolutely no way this is true, he's 16...

Unless Hoijlund is going to be injured for half the season plus, makes no sense to sign another striker when we have much bigger issues to fix first, like getting service to a striker.... unless a Henrik Larrson situation crops up, or unless there is a deal too good to pass by I cannot see us signing a striker either....

However the potential of putting all of our eggs in a Yoro shaped basket has already been proven to be a disaster waiting to happen, De Ligt needs to be green lighted, we need strength in depth in the CB position
Well he's injured for 6 weeks, the season starts in 2. He'll miss 3 games owing to this injury.

Meant to be quite the player though. I agree it's far fetched, I was surprised reading it (and excited).

He has the body of a grown man already, so not impossible he gets some minutes already this season. Unless he goes out on loan of course which would be my prefered option. U21 football probably doesn`t help him much in his development.

He has the body of a grown man already, so not impossible he gets some minutes already this season. Unless he goes out on loan of course which would be my prefered option. U21 football probably doesn`t help him much in his development.
It would be u23 football most likely. He was supposedly outstanding at u18 last season. Someone raised a good point in that at level he had an advantage due to his size but if he starts playing u23 and or a loan, then it will be a good test because others will be the same size as him

All that money for strikers... We could easily bought Lautaro Martinez and that Stuttgart guy for back up. But what I know, trust the process, 3 y plan, new guys will fix everything...
I am tired Robbie.

All that money for strikers... We could easily bought Lautaro Martinez and that Stuttgart guy for back up. But what I know, trust the process, 3 y plan, new guys will fix everything...
I am tired Robbie.
You obviously don't know anything if that's your answer to the problem.

I mean, Rooney was playing first team football for Everton at 16, if I recall. It depends on the player's physical and mental strength.

Excellent news. 10m is low balling but West Ham know we need money so they have some leverage
We also know that they went up to £15m for Mazraoui, so they definitely have the money to spend on a right back. I think this will go up to £13m + add-ons (mix of easy and difficult) to take the total up to £18m.

We also know that they went up to £15m for Mazraoui, so they definitely have the money to spend on a right back. I think this will go up to £13m + add-ons (mix of easy and difficult) to take the total up to £18m.
Yeah Mazroui isn't in the last year of his contract though.

Yeah, the low balling is frustrating and will continue for a while until teams recognise that we're negotiating better nowadays.

West Ham prepared to pay the asking fee for Mazraoui, and £40m for Kilman! - but, as usual, trying to get players really cheap when it's us selling.

It'll, frustratingly, take some time before other clubs will start paying up for United players. After years of taking the piss this isn't fixed by having new managers at the top. Could be a frustrating period of selling for now..

Remember last season when everyone was talking about a clearout? How many did we sell that summer? This year we have more competent people in charge but it's still not easy. High wages are tough for selling..

I am tired Robbie.

Maybe Lautaro wasn't interested

Maybe if AWB had ever come close to an England squad since 2019, then yeah, maybe it would be extra valuable
I didn't think that was the point. It was because you had to have certain number of English qualified players registered, and because it also usually meant they have PL experience compared to newcomers from other leagues. Both of which AWB ticks, so should allow us to be benefitting from the 'English Tax' that's used against us when buying from other PL sides.

We are playing a very risky game with all these rejections, our players have barely any suitors to begin with...