Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

We are playing a very risky game with all these rejections, our players have barely any suitors to begin with...
The latter part is true for many - mainly based on the high wages that they are on. However it would set a poor precedent if the new regime started accepted pretty low and poor bids for our established first team players.

It might be a little risky / slowing down the process, but I think its probably the right message to send out from the beginning that we are going to be tougher and better negotiators with both incomings and outgoings.

They have agreed pretty low initial fees for some on the outskirts of the squad - VDB, Kambwala. But accepting them for regular first team players like McTominay and Wan Bissaka are the kinds that would set a dangerous precedent. So I can see why they're rejecting the early lowball bids.

All that money for strikers... We could easily bought Lautaro Martinez and that Stuttgart guy for back up. But what I know, trust the process, 3 y plan, new guys will fix everything...
I am tired Robbie.

Lautaro for 100m or more? Would've been an Antony-esque mistake. One of the most overestimated players around currently. Both him and Julian Alvarez.

We don't. de Ligt doesn't want to sit on the bench and neither will Yoro. It isn't a realistic scenario.
This is such an antiquated point of view. Have you not learned anything from our injury troubles!?

We play 60+ games a season and so we need multiple centre backs who are of starting quality to make it through a season. It’s not a case of this player or that player “sitting on the bench”. They’ll all get plenty of minutes. It’s essential we have a strong enough squad that we have genuine competition for first team places whilst ensuring we have quality across the board to cover for injuries and losses of form. Yoro’s not going to be starting 60 games a season anyway.

Bayern no longer want De Ligt, and PSG no longer want Ugarte, yet both clubs are trying to overcharge us.

This is why Fulham's £20M offer for McTominay is unacceptable, especially since ten Hag has expressed his desire to keep him at the club.

We don't. de Ligt doesn't want to sit on the bench and neither will Yoro. It isn't a realistic scenario.

Surely if playing large swaths of last season with Maguire, Evans, Lindelöf and at times Casemiro didn’t wake you up, then Yoro’s own 3 month injury did?

We will likely play 60 games this season, Shaw, Martinez, Yoro, De Ligt will all miss plenty of those games with injury. Add to that we’d actually have a great opportunity then to rest them.
I’d imagine our 3 main CB’s would amass 40 appearances each.

Yep, we aren't like City where the CB's cover the full back positions. The current 5 CBs should be plenty in theory. If we can sell Lindelof then fair enough.

Yep, we aren't like City where the CB's cover the full back positions. The current 5 CBs should be plenty in theory. If we can sell Lindelof then fair enough.
We need to sell Lindelof to progress and buy better CB’s. Otherwise we keep playing the same players as last few seasons. Nothing changes.

Do you mean Patwa?

Edit: tis da sed ting
Both will suffice, you just know Steve’s going to have a Jamaican hat with dreadlocks in his first press conference saying that the first rule of the team is everyone must have patwa/patois lessons and only communicate in this dialect, since most of the players he calls up will be from the British Isles.

So next season Utd will play 1 charity shield, 38 league games, between 8 and 15 Europa league matches (assuming we do not have to play later stage qualification matches), 1 and 6 fa cup games and 1 - 7 league cup games (assuming no replays), so that is between 49 and 67 games next season.

That is 98/134 CB starts, it is unlikely and unhealthy for Yoro and Martinez to play every game even if they remained fit, which Yoro already isn't.

Clearly Lindelof is not up to the job, Evans is old and cannot be expected to play every game, and ETH is reluctant to play Maquire, I mean we had the whole he is up for sale thing for the last 18 months.

So signing another CB is imperative, is that De Ligt, maybe, maybe not but the idea that the plan is to go into next season with Evans, Maquire and Lindelof as 2nd string CBs and expect to compete..... when by every ETH fan out there the only reason he failed last season was the injuries to our defence (given that we have lost 2 CBs this window already) is beyond mental, yes we need to shift Lindelof and possibly Maquire, but 3 top CBs rotating will still start between 33 (ish) and 45 (ish) matches, even if we throw in matches for Evans, Lindelof and Maquire, the idea that De Ligt, Martinez or Yoro would be warming the bench is not realistic, even as a 4 including Maquire that is 25/34 starts each.... (I know I have rounded up matches but TBH I could not be arsed to use decimal places, the point is the point not the decimal point, huh, huh, huh!)

Both will suffice, you just know Steve’s going to have a Jamaican hat with dreadlocks in his first press conference saying that the first rule of the team is everyone must have patwa/patois lessons and only communicate in this dialect, since most of the players he calls up will be from the British Isles.
I just hope that Steve doesn't start wearing pumpum shorts

So next season Utd will play 1 charity shield, 38 league games, between 8 and 15 Europa league matches (assuming we do not have to play later stage qualification matches), 1 and 6 fa cup games and 1 - 7 league cup games (assuming no replays), so that is between 49 and 67 games next season.

That is 98/134 CB starts, it is unlikely and unhealthy for Yoro and Martinez to play every game even if they remained fit, which Yoro already isn't.

Clearly Lindelof is not up to the job, Evans is old and cannot be expected to play every game, and ETH is reluctant to play Maquire, I mean we had the whole he is up for sale thing for the last 18 months.

So signing another CB is imperative, is that De Ligt, maybe, maybe not but the idea that the plan is to go into next season with Evans, Maquire and Lindelof as 2nd string CBs and expect to compete..... when by every ETH fan out there the only reason he failed last season was the injuries to our defence (given that we have lost 2 CBs this window already) is beyond mental, yes we need to shift Lindelof and possibly Maquire, but 3 top CBs rotating will still start between 33 (ish) and 45 (ish) matches, even if we throw in matches for Evans, Lindelof and Maquire, the idea that De Ligt, Martinez or Yoro would be warming the bench is not realistic, even as a 4 including Maquire that is 25/34 starts each.... (I know I have rounded up matches but TBH I could not be arsed to use decimal places, the point is the point not the decimal, huh, huh, huh!)
I think it's fairly obvious the club also feel like they need a new CB to raise the floor in that department, it just feels like that player might not be De Ligt after getting Yoro.

Maguire will probably stay unless we get a big offer and he wants to go, which seems unlikely. They still need to move Lindelof on first though, so it'll probably be a similar situation to what's happening with AWB and Mazraoui

If he lives in Jamaica he's bound to pick up some of it.

One of my friends growing up was from Kingston, his mum spoke thick patwa - I used to sit in his kitchen with mum chatting away it was soo hard to not to pick up some of lingo.

Funny enough last time a ran into someone speaking patwa my wife looked at me puzzled as I chatted away understand everything the lady was saying.

Ps. Best food I've ever eaten in that kitchen, the smells.. I make a mean curry goat but nothing on his mums

How come we do not see anyone linked to Lindelof nor Pellistri? Surely they are good enough for a lot of teams and are not on signficnalty high wages?

How come we do not see anyone linked to Lindelof nor Pellistri? Surely they are good enough for a lot of teams and are not on signficnalty high wages?
Because for some reason despite our shit finish our mediocre players are still quite overrated on here.

McTominay is wanted by Fulham, AwB by West Ham and the likes of Lindelof nobody.

This is the level of these players and shows why we are so far behind.

Because they are substandard players. Especially Lindelof. He's a busted flush.

Pellistri presumably returns next week after the Copa America. I reckon he’ll go before the end of the window. Apparently Panathinaikos are interested in him.

The Lindelof to Fenerbahce thing seems to have gone quiet but he’s available clearly and in the last year of his deal so hopefully someone takes him.

Getting both these guys in would be a huge boost after the Yoro injury. You could see how it would allow us to give Yoro all the time he needs and not be rushed back

Lindelof can sign a pre contract with another team in 6 months time for free. Even £5 or £10 million is a huge fee for a 30 year old, given the type of clubs that would be in for him. Add to that the big wages he’d be looking for.