Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Great signing, has great numbers in the U18s with 32G/3A in 20 games. I know its not a warranty but its definitely exciting to be signing this kind of prospects hopefully he can make an impact in the first team in the short term.

Ben Jacobs says we're serious about Chilwell, this club never learns when it comes to injury prone players does it?
I think it's 1+1 equals 11. The Chelsea manager hinted that they may be open to him leaving. Cue...United need a new LB, let's link them with Chilwell.

Tempted to take a punt on him in FPL. It seems like he has been given assurances that he'll get decent gametime (close to starter levels) on the RW. I think Ten Hag plan A is a wide creator + inside forward on RW and LW and he has been forced to play with Rashford (LW) / Garnacho (RW) because our wide-creator types (Sancho and Antony) are so garbage.

It all depends on if Zirkzee elevates our game more than Hojlund. But even then we could pull off a Garnacho, Zirkzee, Amad forward line. Interesting times in the forward positions atleast. I hope we sort the midfield / defence by the time the season starts so we can have a good platform for the forwards to play.

It all depends on if Zirkzee elevates our game more than Hojlund
I think that's amazingly harsh on Rasmus, based on last season where Amad had very few minutes and Rashford/Garnacho/Anthony had no intention of passing.

If Amad gets a run in the team and we have better link of play from the FBs with Shaw back then that's the fair benchmark for him.

Good, so that means Mazzraoui in.

Now sell Lindelof to get De Ligt in.

Sell McTominay and/or Eriksen to get Ugarte in.

And sell Sancho and/or Casemiro to get another midfielder in.
Sell Eriksen (he deserves first team football he won’t get here) and Sancho. Keep Case and McT, unless we get stupid big offers. Presumably we will get Mazzraoui, Ugarte, de Ligt and maybe Rabiot. Would like a cheeky deadline day striker too, just cos I’m greedy! :lol:

Tempted to take a punt on him in FPL. It seems like he has been given assurances that he'll get decent gametime (close to starter levels) on the RW. I think Ten Hag plan A is a wide creator + inside forward on RW and LW and he has been forced to play with Rashford (LW) / Garnacho (RW) because our wide-creator types (Sancho and Antony) are so garbage.

It all depends on if Zirkzee elevates our game more than Hojlund. But even then we could pull off a Garnacho, Zirkzee, Amad forward line. Interesting times in the forward positions atleast. I hope we sort the midfield / defence by the time the season starts so we can have a good platform for the forwards to play.

I think that's amazingly harsh on Rasmus, based on last season where Amad had very few minutes and Rashford/Garnacho/Anthony had no intention of passing.

If Amad gets a run in the team and we have better link of play from the FBs with Shaw back then that's the fair benchmark for him.
Less tactics chat in this thread please. Again, this thread is for transfer news and comments directly related to the news. We have plenty of other threads for further discussion.

In some ways seeing us get more aggressive about poaching talent from other academies to bring to ours gives me even more hope than the transfers into the first team. Shows to me we are serious about competing with the likes of a Real, City and PSG.

In some ways seeing us get more aggressive about poaching talent from other academies to bring to ours gives me even more hope than the transfers into the first team. Shows to me we are serious about competing with the likes of a Real, City and PSG.
We’ve always done it from pique to McNeil. Not a great hit rate in them working out but we live in hope

Exactly. Garnacho, Fernández, Jurado & Hannibal more recently too. All came from the top academies.
We’ve always done it from pique to McNeil. Not a great hit rate in them working out but we live in hope

Thing is, even just one hitting like Garnacho has done could save you a fortune and easily cover the cost the others took to bring in and develop to where they are now.

Thing is, even just one hitting like Garnacho has done could save you a fortune and easily cover the cost the others took to bring in and develop to where they are now.
Yep absolutely. I just found it strange that the poster would say something that made it sound like we don’t do this whereas the fact is that we do it quite a lot

What we need to be able to do is learn how Chelsea sells them for so much, then the hit rate doesn't even matter.

AWB out - joy!
Mazraoui in - despair!

Let's hope we don't replace him with that crock.

The only impact (minor) would be that the new ownership/rejigged leadership is enticing some of the young players to give us a chance. If we still had the Glazers and their leadership running us, then the players may have decided to look elsewhere even if we convinced them of a strong pathway to the first team. That's really it, though, and even that's a bit of a stretch given that we were able to bring in some very talented youngsters both domestically and abroad.