Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

But Greenwood is quite good, his first season went very well, after 18 months not playing, he has the potential to perform better and maybe even fetch a bigger price when they sell him, so I would say he is at least worth anything between 60-70M euros, so perhaps Greenwood plus £40M is a bit too much for Neves

I agree his circumstances mean we can't get top dollar for him, but a top dollar amount for a player like Greenwood (assuming he has no external issues) would be £100M+, and with his issues, we should look at least half that price, so £50-60M is valid for Greenwood, so yeah, we throw in some extra cash, but not more than £20-25M, they get decent cash plus a top talent for an 18y/o midfielder.
no point saying saying if he hasn’t had his issues. He has. Let’s get real. He hasn’t played for United for 2 years. Nor the PL. he has one year left on his contract.
if we get 30m for him we will ge lucky

no point saying saying if he hasn’t had his issues. He has. Let’s get real. He hasn’t played for United for 2 years. Nor the PL. he has one year left on his contract.
if we get 30m for him we will ge lucky

He's got until 2026, so there is still a chance to sell him abroad for a decent fee, if Benfica wants him, they can pay or offer Neves and get 20-25M on top of getting Greenwood, such a deal is doable if INEOS knows what they are doing.

Struggling to get the €40 mill they want. Was under the impression he was highly rated. I know he´s young, but i expected him to go for at least that amount.
He's out of contract next summer and only wants Real Madrid. And looking at reports, they've apparently asked him to wait which probably suggests they are trying to snap him up on a free next summer.

Lille can't do much if the player doesn't sign a new contract this season and rejects every club other than Real Madrid.

Wasn´t he in the tier just below Bellingham regarding talent last summer? Now he´s only €20mill? Has he been a bit meh this year? Had injuries?

Struggling to get the €40 mill they want. Was under the impression he was highly rated. I know he´s young, but i expected him to go for at least that amount.

Madrid want him so they'll have tapped him up. They want him to wait for them so he'll stay for now until they decide they're ready for him. If there's no competition for him (because he only wants one club) then there's no way to drive up the price. They'll take what Madrid decide to pay.

He's got until 2026, so there is still a chance to sell him abroad for a decent fee, if Benfica wants him, they can pay or offer Neves and get 20-25M on top of getting Greenwood, such a deal is doable if INEOS knows what they are doing.
So you’re valuing greenwood at 55-60m. Crazy.

Madrid want him so they'll have tapped him up. They want him to wait for them so he'll stay for now until they decide they're ready for him. If there's no competition for him (because he only wants one club) then there's no way to drive up the price. They'll take what Madrid decide to pay.

And if Madrid decide to no pay, in the reserves you go for a year.

This will rumble on all summer and there will be no official word I reckon. Next season Ten Hag will just still be there until maybe half way through when we're mid table and the season is more or less a write off again.

If he's staying it definitely won't be officially announced, but a brief will go out that makes it obvious.

This will rumble on all summer and there will be no official word I reckon. Next season Ten Hag will just still be there until maybe half way through when we're mid table and the season is more or less a write off again.
I think if he's going to stay they will have to leak that he's staying to a couple of friendly journalists at some stage in the coming weeks, there won't be a formal statement, or give him a new contract. In fairness I don't think much can be expected from next season anyway, people on here can't spend years complaining that we need a proper structure above the manager and then pretend that having no director of football, a CEO coming in July and a technical director who arrived with weeks left of the season is the ideal set up to go into a summer. If they make the right moves then things can substantially improve in time but it's going to be a while yet.

I don't understand fans who seem desperate to just be negative and mardy.

He's never finished mid table and even if you ignore any and all mitigation from this season (which you clearly are), he finished third last season and has reached 3 Cup finals in 2 years, winning 2 of those 3.

Im not saying he's THE guy, the messiah or will win the league with us. But if I were, I'd say that's as stupid as what you've just said.

How is it that any and all context or nuance just isn't a part of football discourse?

ETH is a good manager. He may not ultimately be the right one for us, particularly at this moment, but he's a good manager and it's extremely self deprecating to just act like if he's in charge next season that we'll be mid table.

My best guess is it's emotional immaturity and it's emotionally easier to just jump in the home and be completely negative because then you can't get hopes dashed?

But remove hope or optimism from football and it's an entirely pointless sport, in which 99% of people playing and watching it literally may as well not bother because very, very, very few clubs achieve success, especially consistently.

He's never finished mid table and even if you ignore any and all mitigation from this season (which you clearly are), he finished third last season and has reached 3 Cup finals in 2 years, winning 2 of those 3.

Im not saying he's THE guy, the messiah or will win the league with us. But if I were, I'd say that's as stupid as what you've just said.

How is it that any and all context or nuance just isn't a part of football discourse?

ETH is a good manager. He may not ultimately be the right one for us, particularly at this moment, but he's a good manager and it's extremely self deprecating to just act like if he's in charge next season that we'll be mid table.

My best guess is it's emotional immaturity and it's emotionally easier to just jump in the home and be completely negative because then you can't get hopes dashed?

But remove hope or optimism from football and it's an entirely pointless sport, in which 99% of people playing and watching it literally may as well not bother because very, very, very few clubs achieve success, especially consistently.

Thanks for the analysis, but if you take off your therapy hat for a minute it's probably easier to look at recent history for an explanation. I don't think I need to go into the lack of obvious style of play, delusional statements, persisting with woeful players... It's really not that complicated.

It could also be that negativity is what naturally comes from being worn down by a club for the last few years. If we have EtH next season though, then even being optimistic I can see us struggling to fight for top 4 but hey, might win a cup I guess.

Thanks for the analysis, but if you take off your therapy hat for a minute it's probably easier to look at recent history for an explanation. I don't think I need to go into the lack of obvious style of play, delusional statements, persisting with woeful players... It's really not that complicated.

It could also be that negativity is what naturally comes from being worn down by a club for the last few years. If we have EtH next season though, then even being optimistic I can see us struggling to fight for top 4 but hey, might win a cup I guess.
Let's hope so! :D

Isn't the man point of competitive sport to try and win competitions and thereby a trophy, medal, etc?

Very strange modern attitude in Football to scoffingly say "but hey, we might win a cup I guess" as if that shouldn't be a desireable aim at all.

Imagine top players wanting to come here and play for Gareth fecking Southgate. We've traded one set of incompetent clowns for another if these rumours are true.

Tier 2:

Southgate is United's #1 option, but of course, he's committed to England & the Euros at this point.

fecking horrendous choice, INEOS want "best in class" then opt for fecking Southgate

Let's hope so! :D

Isn't the man point of competitive sport to try and win competitions and thereby a trophy, medal, etc?

Very strange modern attitude in Football to scoffingly say "but hey, we might win a cup I guess" as if that shouldn't be a desireable aim at all.

That's fair and I'm trying not to be too jaded, but I would really like to see us challenging for the big trophies and it's frustrating that we're nowhere near.

If we decided to stick with ETH - England will win the Euros.

If we decide to go with Southgate - England will go in the group stages :)

Southgate is United's #1 option, but of course, he's committed to England & the Euros at this point.
If Ineos are really in favor of Southgate, serious questions should be asked about their ability to move the club forward. If they appoint G. Southgate, I will be not only GLAZERS OUT but Ineos out as well. How come someone be so stupid to think GS is the right choice?

Last edited:
Admiration for Southgate... Seriously, somebody tells me, what's there to admire? The Feel Good factor? We've tried that with Ole. Rigid and cautious football? We've tried that with Van Gaal. Come on.

fecking horrendous choice, INEOS want "best in class" then opt for fecking Southgate
I genuinely think the only reason could be, that they want a coach to follow their instructions, a yes man that won’t argue against how they run things. It definitely isn’t because of his ability as a coach.

Tier 2:

Who the hell in his right mind would admire Southgate? What has he done to deserve admiration?

8th is mid-table.