Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Would be incredible but doubt we are spending anywhere near that price for a player this window. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t end up at City.
I know we're trying to be frugal and stuff but he is the one player i'd be willing to splash out on this summer. He's a badly needed profile at the club. We just need to cushion it with player sales/releases.

Shola is also with Gestifute agency so possibly something to do with his contract situation

It would be some way for INEOS to silence the doubters if they pulled Yoro and Neves out of the bag as their first signings.

I did wonder if we're trying to announce some signings before sacking Ten Hag. It would certainly help the optics.

Since when have some random people on United Stand been reliable sources?

Tbh you don’t need to be a hugely reliable source to say you’ve spotted agents outside Carrington. It’s a very tenuous attempt at a transfer story.

Tbh you don’t need to be a hugely reliable source to say you’ve spotted agents outside Carrington. It’s a very tenuous attempt at a transfer story.

That's kind of what I'm saying. These accounts make shit up.

Since when have some random people on United Stand been reliable sources?
That guy has some credibility around FPL circles as he used to leak team news and stuff. Seems like he's now dabbling in transfer news too like a wannabe ITK.

That's kind of what I'm saying. These accounts make shit up.

Ah I was more implying that it’s very likely that this guy has spotted an agent outside Carrington but it doesn’t really signify much on the transfer front.

That guy has some credibility around FPL circles as he used to leak team news and stuff. Seems like he's now dabbling in transfer news too like a wannabe ITK.

He also said that we were going to sack EtH after the FA Cup final.

Ah I was more implying that it’s very likely that this guy has spotted an agent outside Carrington but it doesn’t really signify much on the transfer front.

Somehow doubt that he’s hanging around Carrington to get these ”news”.

He also said that we were going to sack EtH after the FA Cup final.
Oh yea don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's Mr. Reliable but just saying why some aggregator accounts might quote him. They want engagement and he has some credibility for getting some of our news right.

And that tweet is nothing but pure speculation anyways. Gestifute agents can be there for any number of reasons. Just someone adding 2 and 2 together and making up bullshit.

Oh yea don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's Mr. Reliable but just saying why some aggregator accounts might quote him. They want engagement and he has some credibility for getting some of our news right.

And that tweet is nothing but pure speculation anyways. Gestifute agents can be there for any number of reasons. Just someone adding 2 and 2 together and making up bullshit.

Yeah I get that. Just wondering whether he’s a source that should be used in this thread. Slippery slope to posting anything really.

Yeah I get that. Just wondering whether he’s a source that should be used in this thread.
There's no past transfer news from him that we can judge him on, I don't think. But if they are all just speculations then I agree he should be banned.

Yeah I get that. Just wondering whether he’s a source that should be used in this thread. Slippery slope to posting anything really.
Absolutely not imo. People need to start reading the OP and stop posting any old shite. Personally I don't mind aggregator accounts being posted as long as there's a link or a quote back to the original source.

The modmins become more lenient outside of the transfer windows due to a lack of overall transfer activity, but they really do need to enforce the rules especially during this transfer window. It's only going to get worse now that the new ownership's involved.

Yeah considering Mbappe has just gone there it's hard to see Yoro not being lured to go and join him
Agreed, considering they also have Tchouameni and Camavinga. If Yoro goes to Madrid, they will have the core of the French national team for the next 10 years.

Greenwood going to Benfica to take off some of the Joao Neves fee would be amazing. The ideal for me would be Neves and Thuram signing for the midfield. Neves and Mainoo would be the starters but neither is especially tall whereas Thuram is 6'4.

40M in which direction?

is it Greenwood + 40M to Benfica for Neves, or
Neves + 40M to United for Greenwood?

Greenwood + £40m for Neves of course and even that’s very optimistic. There’s no way in hell they’d offer Neves in a straight swap for Greenwood never mind throwing another £40m our way as well. :lol:

40M in which direction?

is it Greenwood + 40M to Benfica for Neves, or
Neves + 40M to United for Greenwood?
Greenwood + £40m for Neves of course and even that’s very optimistic. There’s no way in hell they’d offer Neves in a straight swap for Greenwood never mind throwing another £40m our way as well. :lol:
Abiliy / position wise, we should have been getting even more for a talented striker like Greenwood - should we have ever even thought of selling him - than Benfica can get for Neves.

However our, and his, circumstances now mean we'll obviously get far less than that so, yeah, we'd have to be the ones throwing the extra cash in.

But Greenwood is quite good, his first season went very well, after 18 months not playing, he has the potential to perform better and maybe even fetch a bigger price when they sell him, so I would say he is at least worth anything between 60-70M euros, so perhaps Greenwood plus £40M is a bit too much for Neves

Ability / position wise, we should have been getting even more for a talented striker like Greenwood - should we have ever even thought of selling him - than Benfica can get for Neves.

However our, and his, circumstances now mean we'll obviously get far less than that so, yeah, we'd have to be the ones throwing the extra cash in.

I agree his circumstances mean we can't get top dollar for him, but a top dollar amount for a player like Greenwood (assuming he has no external issues) would be £100M+, and with his issues, we should look at least half that price, so £50-60M is valid for Greenwood, so yeah, we throw in some extra cash, but not more than £20-25M, they get decent cash plus a top talent for an 18y/o midfielder.

Greenwood going to Benfica to take off some of the Joao Neves fee would be amazing. The ideal for me would be Neves and Thuram signing for the midfield. Neves and Mainoo would be the starters but neither is especially tall whereas Thuram is 6'4.
I’m not sure what height Kobbie or Neves is but both look 5’10 to maybe 6’0 if we buy Branthwaite at 6’5 we solve that problem with Thurman too, if we go get Toney, he’s 6’2 even though Brentford website says he’s 5’8 a lot of the height thing is over rated but also players heights are mostly misrepresented online.

But Greenwood is quite good, his first season went very well, after 18 months not playing, he has the potential to perform better and maybe even fetch a bigger price when they sell him, so I would say he is at least worth anything between 60-70M euros, so perhaps Greenwood plus £40M is a bit too much for Neves

The fact is there’s no way anyone’s going to pay anywhere near that for Greenwood. It’s not about his football ability, it’s all the baggage and controversy that comes with him. The best we can hope for is around £20m/£30m and that’s being optimistic.