Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Dumfries is a beast, but also technically limited. A straight swap for AWB would be tempting though.

Both Mazraoui and Ferdi can play on the left or right. Considering we really need both a RB and LB but realistically are only getting one this window, a player with versatility like that is exactly who we should be after.

Pity we can't do some sort of deal with Fenerbahce involving Kadioglu and Lindelof

And that could happen to a player with a perfect injury record too. Athletes get injuries. Mount is a perfect example as he’d had no injury concerns until the season before he joined us and has now had 18-20 months of injury hell. It happens just as players can have a bad year or two and then be fine for several seasons.
Athletes get injuries true. But you dont go and get one who is already having injury toubles. If you get a healthy player and their injury record gets bad when signed to you there is nothing that could have been done.

Don’t know if I’ve missed it on here but are Inter even interested in AWB? Thought it was more that AWB didn’t want a transfer to West Ham and would opt for one abroad instead.

Don’t know if I’ve missed it on here but are Inter even interested in AWB? Thought it was more that AWB didn’t want a transfer to West Ham and would opt for one abroad instead.
Ornstein specifically mentioned that AWB wanted Inter. I doubt AWB suddenly woke up feeling like he wanted to go to Inter of all clubs so he must have had some sort of indication that they were interested.

Why is it not a good move for him? What would a good move be?

It’s hardly a competitive league. If he’s had interest from teams in England and Spain, surely you would prioritise those? Sure we don’t know what package or promise of game time these teams offered him, but going to Greece at this stage in his career feels like career suicide.

Really? Weird move if you ask me. I know his dad or whatever is on here, but how can we say this is a good move for him?
He's moving to a lovely city to play for a club that's regularly in UEFA competitions and pays decent money. Sounds like a good move to me, especially after a couple of years stagnating in the U21s and having less-than-stellar loan.

Some decent clubs in England and other 'Big 5' leagues have recruited from there in recent years too, so it's not like he's going completely off the grid either.

It’s hardly a competitive league. If he’s had interest from teams in England and Spain, surely you would prioritise those? Sure we don’t know what package or promise of game time these teams offered him, but going to Greece at this stage in his career feels like career suicide.

That’s a weird take. Surely getting regular minutes is the number one priority. He wouldn’t get that at a higher level in England or Spain.

As long as he’s able to build himself a career in professional football, however it comes, it’s not a career suicide.

Last edited:
That’s a weird take. Surely getting regular minutes is the number one priority. He wouldn’t get that at a higher level in England or Spain.

As long as he’s able to build himself a career in professional football, however it comes, it’s not a career suicide.
A good recent example of a similar path is Marcus Edwards. He could easily have a similar journey by prioritising first team football. Just lay off the gyros put there, even though they are fecking delicious.

Pleased for Shola, really makes sense at a level he can excel in a beautiful country and still young enough to get a move to a top 5 league if he does well.