Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Source (Tier 3): Santi Aouna; Hanif apparently has very good connections with Moroccan players

Contrary to reports, Noussair Mazraoui is not close to West Ham.

The Moroccan is not keen on the Hammers and is mainly waiting for Manchester United. Juventus are also interested.

I understand the injury concerns, but Mazroui is on a different level to AWB on the ball. Also way I see it, its either Mazroui or another year of AWB/a shitty leftback on loan.

SeasonInjuryDaysGames
23/24Torn muscle fiber28 daysBayern Munich5
23/24Fitness10 daysBayern Munich1
23/24Torn muscle bundle47 daysBayern MunichMorocco10
23/24Ill3 daysBayern Munich1
23/24muscular problems8 daysBayern MunichMorocco2

Regardless, there is this weird attitude on here that any injuries makes a player a crock.

Meanwhile, there is virtually no injury that ends a career anymore. The cruciate ligament used to ruin players and now can be a fairly routine comeback. The worst injury seems to be things like tendinitis now.
No disrespect to him, but after we’ve had a Phil Jones in the team I think it becomes second nature to be cautious about injuries.

Don't understand this one. He stated he wanted to play more last season whilst having Mount permanently injured, Amrabat and Casemiro for form and Mainoo injured/breakthrough season. How is he expecting to play more this season?
He has two years left on a £180k per week contract, even with the Europa League Clause he’s still on £135,000 per week, and with Europa League, I have a feeling that ETH is happy to have him due to severe lack of creativity in our midfield and wide players, we saw in the Euros he can still unlock defences, he wants to play more and he probably will start in his favoured number 10 rotating with mount while Bruno has a long rest before the season starts.

We might loan him to Ajax but it will be the end of the transfer window or January window, especially if Casemiro and McTominay leave, one of these three will stay and the other two will pay for a true DM.

Don't understand this one. He stated he wanted to play more last season whilst having Mount permanently injured, Amrabat and Casemiro for form and Mainoo injured/breakthrough season. How is he expecting to play more this season?
He probably did want to play more, but because he's now in his final year, he'll sit it out so he can get one last big payout when he signs on a free somewhere next year. As he's only going to be a bit part player and we'd get next to nothing for him, I'd rather keep him than McT/Casemiro in a squad role for next season.

I think sometimes the expectations here about shuffling players out are a little over the top. We did shed a lot of players that were clogging up the wage bill and squad last summer and this one already.

We need reinforcements in midfield, 1 (DM) or maybe 2 (...CM) ideally so we probably need to get at least one player out, either Casemiro or McTominay because they're the two with any monetary value we could part from. At least you'd imagine so.

Eriksen we probably can't sell for a fee that would alleviate the cost of reinforcement, I wouldn't be surprised he stayed even though we can probably do without him with our current squad.

Beyond those there's only really Sancho that could fetch enough coin to be worth it.

Yes, by keeping our best CB from last season and the only set piece threat.

Thankfully he wasn't sold last season or your idol would probably be out of a job.
It has nothing to do with ETH, to your information I think Erik did enough to be fired, but I could also see he had a bad hand (like injuries) so for me i would back whatever INIOS decided to do.

Maguire wasnt our best CB last year, and even if he were it say more about the other and the injuries than it say about Maguire. His age and stiyle is not for the future, so we should get some money for him now to help get us better players. To keep him is just stupid. So yes keeping him will not help ETH or any othe United manager in the near future. If he stay i am also fine with that, he can do a job in certain games

Last edited:
If Mazraoui was the best we could do replacing AWB, I'd rather just keep AWB for another year.

We should be focused on signing a fecking left back anyway given both of ours are physically cooked.
Yeah I am confused about the doom and gloom of keeping AWB. It is a valuable weapon to have a shut-down defender available. If Dalot is getting cooked for some reason, throw on AWB and he can neutralize the threat.

Regardless, there is this weird attitude on here that any injuries makes a player a crock.

Meanwhile, there is virtually no injury that ends a career anymore. The cruciate ligament used to ruin players and now can be a fairly routine comeback. The worst injury seems to be things like tendinitis now.
People with the same attitude as yours said Mount would be fine. He then went on to continue picking up injures like he did at chelsea.

he deserves to stay 100%

He won’t be signing a new deal though most likely so leaving on a free next summer with half of the current squad?
No he doesn't deserve to stay here it's been misery and grief watching him chase back into defensive position when a ball is put into space.

It would be better if our club just told players the truth, which could help them look for a new club, Chelsea are a good example when it comes to shifting unwanted players or players that are not good enough.

There is far too much chatting in this thread. I just moved a couple of AWB posts to the AWB transfer thread. In this thread, please only post tweets and other news, and direct reactions to those. For longer discussion on players, transfer strategy, or the management of United, please use the relevant subject-specific threads.

No he doesn't deserve to stay here it's been misery and grief watching him chase back into defensive position when a ball is put into space.

It would be better if our club just told players the truth, which could help them look for a new club, Chelsea are a good example when it comes to shifting unwanted players or players that are not good enough.
Chelsea? The club that are forcing out Chalobah and are notorious for mistreating their young players?

No thanks. I think you forget some of what being part of a football club is.

If that swap happens it would be my favorite signing of the season. But I can't see Inter doing that. Dumfries has been so important for them.
He fell off for inter. He only started 19 league games for them last season.

No thanks on Dumfries, seems a limited player. Never seen him be amazing. Vanderson has the highest ceiling going forwards. The guy is insane

I've not watched Dumfries extensively, but when I have, he seems to be effective primarily for his engine and physicality - and I've often found his actual touches to be quite poor, even relative to AWB (tbf I am one of the few who thinks AWB's technical deficiencies are very overstated because of some of his performances earlier in his career and his visual aesthetics). I'd really dislike such a swap. Vanderson does look a much more interesting prospect if we want to go down a more technical route.

I've not watched Dumfries extensively, but when I have, he seems to be effective primarily for his engine and physicality - and I've often found his actual touches to be quite poor, even relative to AWB (tbf I am one of the few who thinks AWB's technical deficiencies are very overstated because of some of his performances earlier in his career and his visual aesthetics). I'd really dislike such a swap. Vanderson does look a much more interesting prospect if we want to go down a more technical route.

Vanderson and Kadioglu would be upgrades

Team fit quote says to me that he's not very confident about INEOS making more signings
I don’t think so. Managers very rarely come out and say they’re desperate for players. The other quotes make it sound like he’s keen for more players and hopes to bring some in.