Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

This is so naive and ridiculous that I can only assume you've never had a proper job. Let alone ever had to chair disciplinary meetings, been to tribunals or had meetings involving union reps etc.
You know it was said tongue in cheek I’m well aware how employment law works, look at other posts on the subject and you can see I’m actually taking the P…and for the record I was a board director for sun capital and had numerous interviews with employees and HR directors sitting in on those meetings as carefully planned dismissals were activated.

I’m trying to lighten the mood, we are not getting rid of Antony, this year is year three, so next year, a loan and potentially writing off the loss against other factors in year Five of his ridiculous contract is clearly the best course of action.

I don’t know about you but I’m fully prepared to give INEOS the time needed, Rome wasn’t built in a day and it’s clear what they thought they inherited and what they actually inherited from a pure financial aspect is going to be hugely challenging for them to turn this club around.

De Ligt
Ugarte
Mazraoui

Are the 3 I'm thinking they can be
I think they have probably got two options on the go for each position ; CB, DM/CM, FB and then they have some potentials that they would hope to do, cash permitting, for example if we don’t get Ugarte the club might go get A Rabiot and Y Foffana for less transfer fee maybe £25m as opposed to £45m however wages will be more at £280k combined compared to £150-160k.

It’s quite clear that the club is really short on cash and happy to pay a little bit more on valuation, provided they deem it realistic and the selling club offer favourable payment terms, we are not paying any transfer fee upfront in this transfer window?

I hope this is the case. But how do they intend to raise funds? By just sales? Because I think that may prove difficult and may take a long time to do because other clubs will lowball and prolong negotiations. Or are they going to borrow money?

I hope this is the case. But how do they intend to raise funds? By just sales? Because I think that may prove difficult and may take a long time to do because other clubs will lowball and prolong negotiations. Or are they going to borrow money?

Yeah definitely very much a case of IF they raise the funds still at the moment. I had real hopes we would sell Casemiro and McTominay this summer but looks like the wait goes on.

This is how a club operates. Not the new guys’ fault that it’s difficult to sell our current players due to performances and inflated wages.

They also have a bit of a free hit with regards to the price they get for them as they never signed them, they can always blame it on the last guys.

It’ll be interesting to see if they have any more luck clearing out any of the inevitable (never going to get a 100% success rate) failures from the signings they do make.

Good work from Ineos.

I think it’s going to be a good few years before we see the full benefits of having top class people making football decisions. We have so much dross that it will take years to clear.

But I can already see positive differences, especially in the wages being paid to players, you got Zirkzee on 50k, Yoro 110k. If these players don’t work out, it will be easier to move them on. Hopefully gone are the days of Casemiros and Antony’s on 200-300k per week.

They also know what they are doing, with relations with targets, I think we can say goodbye to last week panic buys.

Scary how yous take tiny snippets from interviews that aggregator accounts have spun into a headline as gospel. Majority of it is complete guesswork or just stating the obvious.

Scary how yous take tiny snippets from interviews that aggregator accounts have spun into a headline as gospel. Majority of it is complete guesswork or just stating the obvious.
Typically, those snippets from the YT videos/podcasts/streams/interviews are recaps. All of the fresh, breaking news comes out on Twitter first and foremost, so those snippets typically have no new info to them.

Great, another player refusing to leave

He’s not going to fetch much money let’s be honest, if he’s happy to play the same role as last season for a year then I don’t see a problem with that. He looked decent at the Euros.

Great, another player refusing to leave

You can’t really blame the player for wanting to see out his contract on better wages than he’d be offered elsewhere… The issue is offering players bloated contracts that mean that it’s close to impossible to offload players as there’s no incentive for them to leave.

You can’t really blame the player for wanting to see out his contract on better wages than he’d be offered elsewhere… The issue is offering players bloated contracts that mean that it’s close to impossible to offload players as there’s no incentive for them to leave.

Well, we could have given him the difference in a pay out if we really wanted to get rid, but I guess we still want him somewhat

EtH wants his 10 to press aggressively and I don't think Eriksen can do that
Irony here is if he can't press as a 10 then what is he doing deeper where there is more intensity? Eriksen in the no 10 against Ludogorets or Astana in the Europa is perfect and also he and Mount can get minutes and whoever is on form deputizes for Bruno. It's a good option to have.

It‘s not a bad suggestion to play Eriksen against lower level opposition. His offensive passing is still superb.

Bizarre how clubs still expect to low ball us. I guess there’s still a whiff of desperation for us to sell but I hope we show that isn’t the case.

So we want at least 15 million - West Ham value him at over 10 million. Tell them that 15 million is over 10 million and we should be ok :)

EtH wants his 10 to press aggressively and I don't think Eriksen can do that
No he can’t but he can unlock a defence with his set piece or his passing for the last 20-25 minutes, right now I’d take Eriksen as an influential squad player than a sully Sancho, Antony or a clearly ineffective Casemiro who can’t keep the ball like Eriksen, he’s almost the complete opposite with the ball at his feet on current form.

This is fecking madness. He turns 27 in November, and a 5 year contract means we're stuck with him until 32 - and he's a crock now, in a slower and less physical league. It's not worth selling AWB to get this fecker in.
I fear your assessment may be proven true but he will add far more assists and goals than AWB does, who basically gets his customary 2 or 3 assists a season, we need Elite Full backs/Wing backs that add 7/8 assists per full back and a 2/3 goals each Dalot is on the way but without a fully fit Shaw we look incredibly weak in this area.

He’s not going to fetch much money let’s be honest, if he’s happy to play the same role as last season for a year then I don’t see a problem with that. He looked decent at the Euros.
He's always looked better for Denmark than for us. He's too lightweight anytime I've seen him for us.

This is fecking madness. He turns 27 in November, and a 5 year contract means we're stuck with him until 32 - and he's a crock now, in a slower and less physical league. It's not worth selling AWB to get this fecker in.
Yeah I could be wrong but it looked like he lost a yard of pace last season in a compilation video I watched.

No he can’t but he can unlock a defence with his set piece or his passing for the last 20-25 minutes, right now I’d take Eriksen as an influential squad player than a sully Sancho, Antony or a clearly ineffective Casemiro who can’t keep the ball like Eriksen, he’s almost the complete opposite with the ball at his feet on current form.
Eriksen is one of the easiest players to get the ball from. He is worse than Mata in that regard. He reminds me of a quarterback in that sense. He has the pass in him if you give him the time and space. But when semi-pressed, he can't shield the ball if his life is dependent on it.

Do you mean, to keep the ball with smart passing, and better decisions when in possession?