Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Yes, by keeping our best CB from last season and the only set piece threat.

Thankfully he wasn't sold last season or your idol would probably be out of a job.
It has nothing to do with ETH, to your information I think Erik did enough to be fired, but I could also see he had a bad hand (like injuries) so for me i would back whatever INIOS decided to do.

Maguire wasnt our best CB last year, and even if he were it say more about the other and the injuries than it say about Maguire. His age and stiyle is not for the future, so we should get some money for him now to help get us better players. To keep him is just stupid. So yes keeping him will not help ETH or any othe United manager in the near future. If he stay i am also fine with that, he can do a job in certain games

Last edited:
If Mazraoui was the best we could do replacing AWB, I'd rather just keep AWB for another year.

We should be focused on signing a fecking left back anyway given both of ours are physically cooked.
Yeah I am confused about the doom and gloom of keeping AWB. It is a valuable weapon to have a shut-down defender available. If Dalot is getting cooked for some reason, throw on AWB and he can neutralize the threat.

Regardless, there is this weird attitude on here that any injuries makes a player a crock.

Meanwhile, there is virtually no injury that ends a career anymore. The cruciate ligament used to ruin players and now can be a fairly routine comeback. The worst injury seems to be things like tendinitis now.
People with the same attitude as yours said Mount would be fine. He then went on to continue picking up injures like he did at chelsea.

he deserves to stay 100%

He won’t be signing a new deal though most likely so leaving on a free next summer with half of the current squad?
No he doesn't deserve to stay here it's been misery and grief watching him chase back into defensive position when a ball is put into space.

It would be better if our club just told players the truth, which could help them look for a new club, Chelsea are a good example when it comes to shifting unwanted players or players that are not good enough.

There is far too much chatting in this thread. I just moved a couple of AWB posts to the AWB transfer thread. In this thread, please only post tweets and other news, and direct reactions to those. For longer discussion on players, transfer strategy, or the management of United, please use the relevant subject-specific threads.

No he doesn't deserve to stay here it's been misery and grief watching him chase back into defensive position when a ball is put into space.

It would be better if our club just told players the truth, which could help them look for a new club, Chelsea are a good example when it comes to shifting unwanted players or players that are not good enough.
Chelsea? The club that are forcing out Chalobah and are notorious for mistreating their young players?

No thanks. I think you forget some of what being part of a football club is.

If that swap happens it would be my favorite signing of the season. But I can't see Inter doing that. Dumfries has been so important for them.
He fell off for inter. He only started 19 league games for them last season.

No thanks on Dumfries, seems a limited player. Never seen him be amazing. Vanderson has the highest ceiling going forwards. The guy is insane

I've not watched Dumfries extensively, but when I have, he seems to be effective primarily for his engine and physicality - and I've often found his actual touches to be quite poor, even relative to AWB (tbf I am one of the few who thinks AWB's technical deficiencies are very overstated because of some of his performances earlier in his career and his visual aesthetics). I'd really dislike such a swap. Vanderson does look a much more interesting prospect if we want to go down a more technical route.

I've not watched Dumfries extensively, but when I have, he seems to be effective primarily for his engine and physicality - and I've often found his actual touches to be quite poor, even relative to AWB (tbf I am one of the few who thinks AWB's technical deficiencies are very overstated because of some of his performances earlier in his career and his visual aesthetics). I'd really dislike such a swap. Vanderson does look a much more interesting prospect if we want to go down a more technical route.

Vanderson and Kadioglu would be upgrades

Team fit quote says to me that he's not very confident about INEOS making more signings
I don’t think so. Managers very rarely come out and say they’re desperate for players. The other quotes make it sound like he’s keen for more players and hopes to bring some in.

Why are we selling AWB? He’s a great back up.
He has only 1 year left on the contract. As we probably don’t want to extend (given we’d want someone with better ball playing capabilities) we have no choice but to sell him else he’ll go for free next summer.

I don’t think so. Managers very rarely come out and say they’re desperate for players. The other quotes make it sound like he’s keen for more players and hopes to bring some in.

Yeah second tweet gives me a bit more optimism, mind you doesn't reference the midfield problem

People with the same attitude as yours said Mount would be fine. He then went on to continue picking up injures like he did at chelsea.

And that could happen to a player with a perfect injury record too. Athletes get injuries. Mount is a perfect example as he’d had no injury concerns until the season before he joined us and has now had 18-20 months of injury hell. It happens just as players can have a bad year or two and then be fine for several seasons.

Team fit quote says to me that he's not very confident about INEOS making more signings
I think / I'm hoping that it's just his way of saying that the ability of the current players isn't the issue, just the threat of injuries and squad depth.

He's saying we could do with incomings, and are working on them, but doing it in a way that isn't criticising the ability of our existing group.

I don’t think so. I think it’s moreso that he’s alluding to the fact of last season when we had a huge injury list, we did not have a good enough squad depth to handle an injury crisis like the one we had. That resulted in us having to play numerous players out of position.

Don’t really get the chasing of a right back over a left back for now. I’d be happy with 3 signings, CB, Midfielder and a left back.

A bonus midfielder would be great also if we sold Casemiro or Mctominay.

Seems like we will be signing a right back though.

Don’t really get the chasing of a right back over a left back for now. I’d be happy with 3 signings, CB, Midfielder and a left back.

Kadioglu makes so much sense at LB

I think this BM player can play both RB and LB. He's just got a horrendous injury record.

Aside from Vanderson who seems lower priority, that list of rbs isn't encouraging imo.

I'm no fan of AWB but agree on Dumfries. I really don't see why we'd be interested in him. I don't think he's what we need either.