Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

If Sesko chooses Utd or Chelsea over Arsenal he's an idiot

I kind of get Arsenal, but Chelsea?

Besides, by all accounts we've been after him the longest so may well have a dialogue there already. Plus we can point to Hojlund's development and how he was supported even after a tough start and a couple of dry spells.

Besides, by all accounts we've been after him the longest so may well have a dialogue there already. Plus we can point to Hojlund's development and how he was supported even after a tough start and a couple of dry spells.
I'm including Chelsea with us, not Arsenal. I'm saying he should obviously go to Arsenal

How did we get in a position where Forsan leaves on a free? City or Chelsea would be getting £20M for him.

19 years old, has played in the first team, but never been tied down to a contract?
He's not up to premier league level, he hasn't shown anything to makes us think he can do it at top level, nevermind at a top club. I dont think he'll get anything beside 2nd division teams. Giving him a new contract would only end up in us having a case like Brandon Williams, can't sell him just loan him over and over until his contract expires.

I'm including Chelsea with us, not Arsenal. I'm saying he should obviously go to Arsenal

See what's happened here is that I've forgotten how to read.

I still don't think it's that simple.

hope INEOS tells Bruno that no new contract negotiations will be entertained at this stage, they can tell him he is an important player and the club captain and his current deal is good enough, or else, his agent needs to find a buyer who will pay a transfer fee that is acceptable for a player of his stature.
Bingo

I can't really see why anyone would be keen on a move to that shit show.

It gets said quite often about Chelsea but they still more often than not get these players. London, big wages and CL winners in last few years, so a big pull still despite being a circus at times. I could definitely see Sesko going there more than Olise, who turned them down last time if I’m not mistaken?

Think they’ll be taking the top 4 position from Villa next season with a decent CF. Could potentially be us though with some good buys and new manager but much more sceptical about that.

Out of interest, which team do you support?

Clearly not United, but which one.
I do support Utd. The club is not in a good place right now. I'm surprised you disagree. Arsenal are in a place where they can genuinely challenge for the league consistently. For a young striker, Arsenal represents a clearly better option, especially considering we have another young striker he would be rotating with.

I do support Utd. The club is not in a good place right now. I'm surprised you disagree. Arsenal are in a place where they can genuinely challenge for the league consistently. For a young striker, Arsenal represents a clearly better option, especially considering we have another young striker he would be rotating with.

Go support Arse, we don't need 'supporters' like you.

Yeah that is what we should argue: "When you struggle the first couple of seasons - we will give you lots of playing time. Look at Hojlund. He didn't score, we still let him play. We will do the same for you when you don't score" :)

No, just no. As much as I want him to stay but giving him a massive contract on 300-350k/week would be suicidal especially at his age. How can you then stop any player asking the same who performs on a decent to good level for us? It’s a loop we have to break.

Fernandes has consistently been our best player for several years. It was a mistake to give new signings like Sancho and Casemiro massive wages, and it was a mistake to give Rashford a huge salary after a single world class season. But Fernandes deserves to be the highest paid player in the team

Fernandes has consistently been our best player for several years. It was a mistake to give new signings like Sancho and Casemiro massive wages, and it was a mistake to give Rashford a huge salary after a single world class season. But Fernandes deserves to be the highest paid player in the team
He isn’t on a pittance. Just because we made mistakes with several players giving them such ludicrous wages crossing 350k mark we should give Fernandes one. Yes, Fernandes might deserve it more than them but at his age? No, sorry but no. He’s after a new contract which will extend to his mid 30’s. And I don’t want us to get struck with another player on massive wages in his 30’s.

Edit - Just checked Bruno’s salary. He’s on 240k/week. How much more do you want us to give him? It’s already amongst the top bracket in the premier league for midfielders. Seems like everyone wants to rinse us even if we finish the lowest in our whole premier league history.

Yeah that is what we should argue: "When you struggle the first couple of seasons - we will give you lots of playing time. Look at Hojlund. He didn't score, we still let him play. We will do the same for you when you don't score" :)

I would say your pitch needs work :lol:

And arsenal have Jesus , Nketiah and Havertz who play that position. We only have Rasmus. I think United guarantees you more games and probably more money so it's not as clear as you make it out to be.

Insteadof giving him a new contract, we should sell Sancho, Rashford and Casemiro. This will make him a top earner.

Sounds like a plan
Because still be £10k per week behind sick note Mason Mount ?

Let that sink in, before we say no if you look at his international form he could be the Player of the Euros at 50/1 or top goal scorer at 50/1 look at his last 12 games for Portugal his goals and assists are ridiculously high, two more goals for his country last night?

Give him 325k per week put £150m buy out in his contract that the Saudis can activate next summer, everyone wins?

Yes he is. But we're not a charity. He has a contract that he voluntarily signed, with 2+1 years left to run, and we have no reason to alter those terms.

Everybody calling for us to hike his wages is making emotional arguments. Why is it in the club's interest to give him an improved contract?

Okay, so basing it on this argument we should sell him then because he will decrease in value each year and end up walking on a free like many other players we allow to run contracts down.

He is one player that you don’t allow to leave for anything less than 100mil. Will we get that for him when he has 1 season left on his contract, possibly (Mason Mount is a good example) however, you’re risking losing him for nothing or much less than his value. What if his form drops or he gets injuries all of a sudden?

you either sort his contract out so it’s reflective of his value or you sell him while his stock his high and rebuild using that money.

I'd like United to focus on players who really want to join United and not just for money. One of the reasons Madrid has been so successful is because players are determined to join them so they don't have to pay outrageous fees since other clubs drop out. If Olise is interested in joining Chelsea then just move on and sign someone else like Kudus who I'd prefer anyway.

It's not as simple as "he's an idiot if he doesn't choose Arsenal" otherwise they'd get all their top targets - they don't.

It might be that one club guarantees him that he'll be a starter, or says look we want to build around you. Or we can develop you better, we'll pay you more money, some are awed by facilities and stadiums you get to live here etc. He might be told he's a starter by one, but looks at the team and thinks "i don't see myself getting consistent game time there with xxx and xxx" - some players are heavily influenced by where their partners want to live. Some, albeit very few are attracted to a clubs history or have sentiment.

I genuinely feel like this is another Haaland or Bellingham moment regarding Sesko.

A young exciting player with huge potential who could be at the top of the striker pyramid with some good coaching.

We either pull out all the stops to make sure he's ours or let someone else sign him and watch on for the next decade and think what if?

I have doubts over Sesko, not sure he's a top talent. We already have one raw inexperienced striker.

I genuinely feel like this is another Haaland or Bellingham moment regarding Sesko.

A young exciting player with huge potential who could be at the top of the striker pyramid with some good coaching.

We either pull out all the stops to make sure he's ours or let someone else sign him and watch on for the next decade and think what if?

I think you can make easily the same case for Hojlund. He's just scored 16 goals in his debut season in one of our least functional attacking teams in years. He'll spearhead denmark this summer and I suspect will do well. I like them both, dont get me wrong, but I dont think Sesko is haaland or bellingham level of certainty.