Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

Can't believe these Chalobah rumours. Why would we sign Chelseas rejects? He's not better than anyone we currently have at CB.

Not every player has to be signed for the first team, and he's arguably a better option than Linderlof and Maguire.

I remember people kicked off when we were linked with Akanji a few years ago, look how he turned out for City.

With that being said, obviously De Ligt or Branthwaite would be my preferred options but the fact is we need another CB and we need to be able to afford it.

Can't believe these Chalobah rumours. Why would we sign Chelseas rejects? He's not better than anyone we currently have at CB.

Not that i want us to sign him but he is a homegrown talent who will get them more than 20m of pure profit.

Lets say we dont manage to sell Rashford and Casemiro and hence we dont sign Simons and Zubimendi.

But we sell AWB (£10m) , Lindelof (£5m), Kambwala (£7,5m), Donny, McT (£25m), Pellistri (£7,5m), Sancho (£30m), Antony (£25m) and Greenwood (£20m). Those 9 players would likely bring in minimum £130 mill. They would reduce depreciations with approx £40 mill. And along with Varane, Martial, Williams and Eriksen they would save wages of £110 mill a year.

Purchase of Yoro, Zirkzee, de Ligt, Ugarte, Toney and a RB would cost approx £250 mill. Depreciation of approx £50 mill a year. And added wages of approx £60 mill. In other words, it would represent a net investment of maybe £120 mill and remove £40 mill of cost of the books.

Rashford and/or Case out for a sensible fee would obviously also be very lucrative.

It would make a very interesting reset. Probably difficult, but not unlikely.
Yes this would be a fantastic window if the club actually completed all sales and purchases you’ve listed however I don’t see Antony being sold for £1m let alone £25m, even with the 25% Europa reduction to his wages he’s still going to be paid £150k per week and no one in Europe will pay his wages and a small loan fee. Our best hope with Antony is he starts the season on fire and we get some interest from Saudi as their window starts and finishes later than Europe.

I think we are at an impasse. No one wants to pay the valuation of the players we want to get rid and clubs are quoting us ridiculous prices for the players we are interested in. It's a game of chess in play. Let's see who budges first.

I just hope that we are able to make another solid midfield signing to pair with Mainoo. Rest is bonus.

It looks like we have no money left. Have to sell some players to buy someone, and we're not good at selling, nor we have good assets for sale.

It's gonna be another long season and probably again no UCL next season(2025/26).

It looks like we have no money left. Have to sell some players to buy someone, and we're not good at selling, nor we have good assets for sale.

It's gonna be another long season and probably again no UCL next season(2025/26).
Aye. We haven't signed anyone for a week in mid July - time to write the season off. :(

Reality has hit that we're in a financial hole and will probably only sign one more player or two dependent on sales. Not good news for ETH as I think he needs more than that.

Maybe someone can help me understand. Why is the club so hung up on transfer fees when so many of these players are immensely overpaid? Surely the impact of the wages saved should be taken into consideration when evaluating bids. We are not in a situation where we can afford to be picky on bids. The players we want to get rid of are severely limited at absolute best and terrible at worst. If we retain them, we will languish in mediocrity again. You have to take big losses on the fee side if you want to shift them and get better as a team.

Reality has hit that we're in a financial hole and will probably only sign one more player or two dependent on sales. Not good news for ETH as I think he needs more than that.
It will take years to properly rebuild the club. We will maybe compete for PL title in 3 years - not sooner.

You're correct, ETH is probably a goner with the current state of the squad.

I’d be very worried about the quality of our internal discussions if the only attackers they can think of are Toney and DCL, x
We have already spent upwards of 40m on an attacker, have you forgotten?
Aged 25, therefore can improve and we already have Yoro and Maguire so he will be good for squad depth. We don't look like we have a defensive prospect from the Academy knocking on the door currently so a young, English CB could be a good pick up.

We have already spent upwards of 40m on an attacker, have you forgotten?

Aged 25, therefore can improve and we already have Yoro and Maguire so he will be good for squad depth. We don't look like we have a defensive prospect from the Academy knocking on the door currently so a young, English CB could be a good pick up.

No I haven't forgotten. But when we only have 2 decent wingers in Garnacho and Amad, and a load of duds, the idea of spending big money on Toney or any money on 9-league-goals-in-3-years DCL is grim.

Jason cundy (i know hes not everyones cup of tea, but he is very much a chelsea man) reckoned Chaloboah was there best player when he came into the side for last 10 games, which was when they went on their long unbeaten run.

We do seem to have about 5 potential Ins and 5 potential outs on the go, all dependent on each other.

It will take years to properly rebuild the club. We will maybe compete for PL title in 3 years - not sooner.

You're correct, ETH is probably a goner with the current state of the squad.

We were 2nd the season before. Arsenal competed for titles last 2 years so did liverpool with so much churn.

This 3 year stuff and everything being dependant on new signings is just excusemaking even before the season.

Hes either stealing the info from elsewhere (most likely) or he may have a source at United academy level as hes posted a few times about youth players that you would expect to be common knowledge.
Just looking at his agency - SEG, I imagine his sources are agencies. I don't particularly like Romano, but I don't think he steals info.

That's what happens when you push for Anthony at 80 million and a crocked Mason Mount for 55 million. He has his finger prints over both of those signings.

That's what happens when you push for Anthony at 80 million and a crocked Mason Mount for 55 million. He has his finger prints over both of those signings.

Transfer fees are not the managers concern and they don't get involved in that end of things. If a real is a risk to the ability to do future deals and/or cashflow then the club are supposed to have the expertise in place to make that call.

And whose fault is that? With the famous VETO and spending 100m on Anthony, 55m mount etc etc!

It feels like there’s an generation of players that if they aren’t starting consistently for top teams by 21/22 then they are deemed not good enough or seemingly never will be. Chalobah is in this category it seems. For me I can see why he is of interest to us, as he is similar to Guehi.

Both were top prospects for both club and country and made mistakes and fell out of favour under managers under pressure. One left and has become a full international and the other may get the chance this season.

They have similar attributes too, good all round without necessarily being great. I’ts a good base to work from for me but we will see.