Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

What's he like aerially and on the ball?

If he is of a similar level to De Ligt then perhaps we should bring him in for that price
Prone to brain farts, not as tactically aware of De LIgt. Fast and decent in the air, probably not good enough to cover Martinez' short comings. To replace Lindelof in the squad he's pretty much perfect.

Prone to brain farts, not as tactically aware of De LIgt. Fast and decent in the air, probably not good enough to cover Martinez' short comings. To replace Lindelof in the squad he's pretty much perfect.

So worth the money or not?

Young English etc so standard fee. Wouldn't want him as a starter as he is now.

Sounds like you think we should find a way to reach compromise with Bayern or have you another name in mind we haven't been linked with yet.

What's he like aerially and on the ball?

If he is of a similar level to De Ligt then perhaps we should bring him in for that price
Is he was on a similar level to de Ligt Chelsea wouldn't be selling him and he'd be starting most of their matches.

We could and Rashford would be the best in terms of net profit, selling Lindelof is I’m sure already done, AWB as well but I can’t see United selling Casemiro or Antony their wages are ridiculous even with a 25% Europa League.

We can’t sell Rashford and Sancho it’s either or we need 4 options for inverted striker positions. That’s why I see the Ivan Toney deal happening we need at least 8 homegrown players, that’s why Mount, Maguire, Shaw and Rashford won’t be sold.

You just get the impression that RVN is been brought in to work with the Attacking players and in particular increase the clubs goal output. I can see Rashford leaving next season if a suitable replacement becomes available.

We played a weird 4222 formation in the FA Cup Final but a very different from a normal 4222 maybe we are looking at 4132 with Ugarte/Casemiro New DM and then three midfielders like K Mainoo, Bruno, Mount, Amad, C Eriksen with Zirkzee/R Hojlund or Toney/Rashford/Garnaucho being options here Amad can easily play in that three man attacking midfield, just looks like we are looking to play a few different formations with the players we are recruiting.

Lets say we dont manage to sell Rashford and Casemiro and hence we dont sign Simons and Zubimendi.

But we sell AWB (£10m) , Lindelof (£5m), Kambwala (£7,5m), Donny, McT (£25m), Pellistri (£7,5m), Sancho (£30m), Antony (£25m) and Greenwood (£20m). Those 9 players would likely bring in minimum £130 mill. They would reduce depreciations with approx £40 mill. And along with Varane, Martial, Williams and Eriksen they would save wages of £110 mill a year.

Purchase of Yoro, Zirkzee, de Ligt, Ugarte, Toney and a RB would cost approx £250 mill. Depreciation of approx £50 mill a year. And added wages of approx £60 mill. In other words, it would represent a net investment of maybe £120 mill and remove £40 mill of cost of the books.

Rashford and/or Case out for a sensible fee would obviously also be very lucrative.

It would make a very interesting reset. Probably difficult, but not unlikely.

Lets say we dont manage to sell Rashford and Casemiro and hence we dont sign Simons and Zubimendi.

But we sell AWB (£10m) , Lindelof (£5m), Kambwala (£7,5m), Donny, McT (£25m), Pellistri (£7,5m), Sancho (£30m), Antony (£25m) and Greenwood (£20m). Those 9 players would likely bring in minimum £130 mill. They would reduce depreciations with approx £40 mill. And along with Varane, Martial, Williams and Eriksen they would save wages of £110 mill a year.

Purchase of Yoro, Zirkzee, de Ligt, Ugarte, Toney and a RB would cost approx £250 mill. Depreciation of approx £50 mill a year. And added wages of approx £60 mill. In other words, it would represent a net investment of maybe £120 mill and remove £40 mill of cost of the books.

Rashford and/or Case out for a sensible fee would obviously also be very lucrative.

110m on wages/year is quite a bit. But assuming 2-3 players from you list are unable to be sold, practically we get Ugarte and De Ligt.

Another RB would only come if we’re able to sell AWB, not so sure about Toney, there’s not too many rumours on him atm.

I think a lot of our bonus summer signings are based on if we can get 30-40 mil for Sancho.

Last edited:
Shaw unproductive? By far the best English LB the country has, also among the top LB’s in the league. If he can stay fit he adds a lot of quality for us.
I didn't question Shaw's quality, but his availability. Being injury prone makes him overall unproductive, you can't really rely on him.

Sometimes th

Sometime option B’s can be better than option A’s.
I’d.gladly take Zubimendi for Ugarte, and Johnathon Tah for M De Ligt ?
Better and cheaper probably. But players without a Dutch connection are unlikely for Ten Hag. ;)

I didn't question Shaw's quality, but his availability. Being injury prone makes him overall unproductive, you can't really rely on him.
I agree completely. Shaw's injury record means we cannot count on him throughout a season, it might not be the biggest priority but we would foolish not to explore a high quality replacement.

I agree completely. Shaw's injury record means we cannot count on him throughout a season, it might not be the biggest priority but we would foolish not to explore a high quality replacement.

It probably doesn't even matter what left back we sign - we just need to sign a new one every summer until Shaw retires. He always has a good season fitness and performance-wise whenever a new left back comes into the squad.

He's the tyre that will only go flat when you don't have a spare. The ticket inspector who never checks the train until the day you jump the barriers. A phone that only dies when you're in the middle of nowhere with no way home.

He is Luke "Sod's" Shlaw.

It probably doesn't even matter what left back we sign - we just need to sign a new one every summer until Shaw retires. He always has a good season fitness and performance-wise whenever a new left back comes into the squad.

He's the tyre that will only go flat when you don't have a spare. The ticket inspector who never checks the train until the day you jump the barriers. A phone that only dies when you're in the middle of nowhere with no way home.

Apt analogies

Brilliant!

Can't believe these Chalobah rumours. Why would we sign Chelseas rejects? He's not better than anyone we currently have at CB.

IT'S LIKE RAIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNN ON YOUR WEDDING DAY
IT'S A FREE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE WHEN YOU'VE ALREADY PAID
IT'S THE GOOD ADVIIIIIIIICE THAT YOU JUST CAN'T TAKE
And who would've thought 'it figures'?

Can't believe these Chalobah rumours. Why would we sign Chelseas rejects? He's not better than anyone we currently have at CB.

Chelsea fans don't want him to leave though, do they? It's a business decision by their American overlord. It doesn't look like an entirely football based decision.

Not every player has to be signed for the first team, and he's arguably a better option than Linderlof and Maguire.

I remember people kicked off when we were linked with Akanji a few years ago, look how he turned out for City.

With that being said, obviously De Ligt or Branthwaite would be my preferred options but the fact is we need another CB and we need to be able to afford it.

Not that i want us to sign him but he is a homegrown talent who will get them more than 20m of pure profit.

Yes this would be a fantastic window if the club actually completed all sales and purchases you’ve listed however I don’t see Antony being sold for £1m let alone £25m, even with the 25% Europa reduction to his wages he’s still going to be paid £150k per week and no one in Europe will pay his wages and a small loan fee. Our best hope with Antony is he starts the season on fire and we get some interest from Saudi as their window starts and finishes later than Europe.

I think we are at an impasse. No one wants to pay the valuation of the players we want to get rid and clubs are quoting us ridiculous prices for the players we are interested in. It's a game of chess in play. Let's see who budges first.

I just hope that we are able to make another solid midfield signing to pair with Mainoo. Rest is bonus.

It looks like we have no money left. Have to sell some players to buy someone, and we're not good at selling, nor we have good assets for sale.

It's gonna be another long season and probably again no UCL next season(2025/26).

It looks like we have no money left. Have to sell some players to buy someone, and we're not good at selling, nor we have good assets for sale.

It's gonna be another long season and probably again no UCL next season(2025/26).
Aye. We haven't signed anyone for a week in mid July - time to write the season off. :(

Reality has hit that we're in a financial hole and will probably only sign one more player or two dependent on sales. Not good news for ETH as I think he needs more than that.

Maybe someone can help me understand. Why is the club so hung up on transfer fees when so many of these players are immensely overpaid? Surely the impact of the wages saved should be taken into consideration when evaluating bids. We are not in a situation where we can afford to be picky on bids. The players we want to get rid of are severely limited at absolute best and terrible at worst. If we retain them, we will languish in mediocrity again. You have to take big losses on the fee side if you want to shift them and get better as a team.

Reality has hit that we're in a financial hole and will probably only sign one more player or two dependent on sales. Not good news for ETH as I think he needs more than that.
It will take years to properly rebuild the club. We will maybe compete for PL title in 3 years - not sooner.

You're correct, ETH is probably a goner with the current state of the squad.