Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

I guess when you just signed an 18 year old in the last year of his contract for Euros 62m+8m other clubs are going to ask for ridiculous money for their players too. It is up to us to decide which ones are worth overpaying for.

I guess when you just signed an 18 year old in the last year of his contract for Euros 62m+8m other clubs are going to ask for ridiculous money for their players too. It is up to us to decide which ones are worth overpaying for.
Generational talents can demand large fees, even if he was in the last year of his contract.

Generational talents can demand large fees, even if he was in the last year of his contract.
Yes, but that won't stop other teams for asking stupid money for their players too. Fofana's price seems to have doubled since United's interest. PSG asking for 10m more than they bought the player they want to get rid of is preposterous too.

I think there needs to be context. That was a unique situation with the kids talent and also having to sign him this summer to beat Madrid to the signing. We aren't so desperate for Ugarte I think so we have room to haggle and if not PSG will sign Neves and lose out on selling Ugarte. We have more power in this scenario and with De Ligt (who Bayern have said they want to sell).

I think there needs to be context. That was a unique situation with the kids talent and also having to sign him this summer to beat Madrid to the signing. We aren't so desperate for Ugarte I think so we have room to haggle and if not PSG will sign Neves and lose out on selling Ugarte. We have more power in this scenario and with De Ligt (who Bayern have said they want to sell).
Yeah, that's why I said it's up to us decide who we want to overpay for. I am sure there are other options to the Fofana's and the Ugarte's of this world. Zubemendi would be a superb signing if we can somehow convince Sociedad to a staggered payment like we did with Zirkzee.

I hope they remain firm & we don't get desperate and give in.

I would be fine if we just signed another top midfielder and be done for this window. It's obvious it'll take INEOS a while to sort this shit out. Our deadwood don't have a market & it'll take some time to wash away the sins of Woody & his merry band.

Just go and get Tah for the rumoured €25m thar Bayern want him for. As 3 options for CBs there aren't many issues with those 3
For the sake of that fee Tah would represent even better value.

Sensibly there’s no reason this can’t be done around €40m

Pay the extra £20m and get Joao Neves.
Pay €10-15m less and get a far better player Martin Zubimendi, if they let us do this deal over 4 years at £12.5m per year this is by far the best deal for the club.

I felt unnaturally relaxed about things around a week ago - when we'd just signed Yoro and it sounded like things were very much progressing with Ugarte and either De Ligt or Branthwaite. It felt completely calm, organised and slick - and even the usually chaotic 'rumour mill' was reflecting that.

A week later and it's much more of a typical transfer window gossip fest - we don't seem any further on with any of those signings, but have been linked with about a different hundred players instead!

I've far less of an idea of the direction we're heading in as regards incomings and outgoings. Though probably most of those links are made up while things have just slowed down with our still planned for same list of targets.

If PSG were really interested in Sancho then bumping up the price for Ugarte isn't really the smartest negotiating tactic.

It will definitely take time to clear the deadwood. At least 2-3 years. Rashford and Shaw just signed new contracts and one of them doesn't seem very interested in behaving like a professional footballer while the other one is often injured - two more unproductive players we are probably stuck with for the foreseeable future...
Shaw unproductive? By far the best English LB the country has, also among the top LB’s in the league. If he can stay fit he adds a lot of quality for us.

Shaw unproductive? By far the best English LB the country has, also among the top LB’s in the league. If he can stay fit he adds a lot of quality for us.
By now, I think we know he's not going to stay fit for a full season. We have to plan assuming he's can't be relied upon to stay fit.

I felt unnaturally relaxed about things around a week ago - when we'd just signed Yoro and it sounded like things were very much progressing with Ugarte and either De Ligt or Branthwaite. It felt completely calm, organised and slick - and even the usually chaotic 'rumour mill' was reflecting that.

A week later and it's much more of a typical transfer window gossip fest - we don't seem any further on with any of those signings, but have been linked with about a different hundred players instead!

I've far less of an idea of the direction we're heading in as regards incomings and outgoings. Though probably most of those links are made up while things have just slowed down with our still planned for same list of targets.

Or probably it's not the best idea to be swayed in such a huge way week by week. There is still a way to go in the transfer window. Many clubs including some of our biggest rivals can't seem to sign the players they want or are taking their time. The direction has been clear from the very beginning and communicated quite well.

Reactions: Cheimoon
A week later and it's much more of a typical transfer window gossip fest - we don't seem any further on with any of those signings

Its been stated from several serious sources that we need to sell before we buy now, and thats why things hasnt progressed much I guess

It will take a few transfer periods for the Woodward stink to evaporate when doing transfers. Clubs are still quoting ridiculous amounts of money for players we are interested in, as they know that we are desperate for new players.
  • Bayern are adamant that we need to pay 50 million euro for De Light plus bonuses, for a player that they need to get rid of due to the wage bill
  • PSG is asking for 70 million euros for a player who does not fit the coach's philosophy, all while asking for more money than they paid him, a year ago
  • Everton have slapped a 90 million euro price tag on Branthwaite and are not even willing to contemplate offers below
Where I do hope that INEOS will make the difference vs the old United regime is finding the alternatives in so-called option B players, whereas, with the old regime, we knew that they would come back for option A, regardless of what it would've cost. Some of the transfer fees we've paid for players will hunt us for some time.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Have to say I’m loving our transfer strategy this summer. I feel that this will be the best transfer window for us in over a decade.

No drawn out sagas, no food for the shitty Twitter ITKs - simply make a sensible bid for realistic transfer targets and move on if the selling club gets too greedy, along with removal of the overpaid deadwood.

Seems like Berrada, Ashworth and co are making a statement to restore our reputation but going about it in an astute way.
Looking forward to seeing what they do when there's no budget constraints. It's top 4 or bust for ten Hag this season, that's for sure.

It will take a few transfer periods for the Woodward stink to evaporate when doing transfers. Clubs are still quoting ridiculous amounts of money for players we are interested in, as they know that we are desperate for new players.
  • Bayern are adamant that we need to pay 50 million euro for De Light plus bonuses, for a player that they need to get rid of due to the wage bill
  • PSG is asking for 70 million euros for a player who does not fit the coach's philosophy, all while asking for more money than they paid him, a year ago
  • Everton have slapped a 90 million euro price tag on Branthwaite and are not even willing to contemplate offers below
Where I do hope that INEOS will make the difference vs the old United regime is finding the alternatives in so-called option B players, whereas, with the old regime, we knew that they would come back for option A, regardless of what it would've cost. Some of he transfer fees we've paid for players will hunt us for some time.

I reckon Everton simply didn't want to sell branthwaite personally.

I reckon Everton simply didn't want to sell branthwaite personally.

I can bet my life that if was Woody still in charge, he would've paid the quoted amount by Everton. INEOS seem more measured in their approach, and I'm pretty sure they won't do Antony anytime soon.

Where I do hope that INEOS will make the difference vs the old United regime is finding the alternatives in so-called option B players, whereas, with the old regime, we knew that they would come back for option A, regardless of what it would've cost. Some of the transfer fees we've paid for players will hunt us for some time.

Amen to this, just getting the transfers in order will help immensly economically

The INEOS guys have detected opportunities where they can get very good players at less than their normal market rates due to circumstances. This may or may not work out depends who blinks first. I think this is a good strategy and I reckon they have 2 or 3 alternatives lined up in the wings.

The main thing is getting people to take our cast offs. It's still early in the window so it will be interesting to see this play out. I'm nowhere near as worried as in previous years.

I just wish we'd have got one CM in that fits the mould in time for the tour. However with Martinez/Shaw/Mainoo unlikely to be on the tour I guess that is somewhat moot.

Well I actually do believe he wants to keep the player - because he is the kind of player who can make a difference at the end of games. The cost of selling McTominay might easily prove more expensive that keeping him, so if it was ETH's decision alone - I can imagine there are 7-8 players he would get rid of before McTominay. But we probably end up with a situation where we can't get rid of too many of those

Wouldn't have so much of an issue with keeping a few players if we had the funds to do it

Sometimes th
Where I do hope that INEOS will make the difference vs the old United regime is finding the alternatives in so-called option B players, whereas, with the old regime, we knew that they would come back for option A, regardless of what it would've cost. Some of the transfer fees we've paid for players will hunt us for some time
Sometime option B’s can be better than option A’s.
I’d.gladly take Zubimendi for Ugarte, and Johnathon Tah for M De Ligt ?

The United transfer window formula:

Linked with buying a player = price + £10m
Linked with selling a player = price - £10m
In fairness the £10m +/- is less than in most windows so that is progress normally it is a minimum swing of £20m

We need to sell before we can do any more deals it seems

Pay the extra £20m and get Joao Neves.

I'm absolutely certain it's not that simple because if it was they would have pushed to sell players quickly
Yeah, that's why I said it's up to us decide who we want to overpay for. I am sure there are other options to the Fofana's and the Ugarte's of this world. Zubemendi would be a superb signing if we can somehow convince Sociedad to a staggered payment like we did with Zirkzee.

Yeah would be delighted if we could sign Zubimendi and a reasonable priced DM but I'm living in cloud cuckoo land thinking that's possible