Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

I'd keep eriksen personally. Think he could be good for mainoo and probably cheap. Will also get feck all for him. Can't sell everyone.

None of the others clarified what it meant that's all.

Clearly 50% of profit makes the most sense.
You'd think that a French journalist would mention a share of the profits if that were the case as it'd make Marseille's end of the deal look more favourable. However, they all say the same thing as Ornstein, Romano, and co.: large share of a future sale. 50% of the profits may not necessarily amount to that unless Greenwood is sold for double what Marseille paid for him.

I'll remain wary of Ducker's version of the story until another reliable journalist says the same thing as him. As of now, he's the only one who's talking about a share of the profits rather than a share of the sale.

I can’t believe we ever had the likes of Woodward, Murtough, Arnold and Lawlor in charge of the biggest club in world football. Absolute incompetence.

Yeah the damage done by the leeches employing them can't be repaired by INEOS in 5 mins unfortunately. It's the stupid wages that are hurting our ability to move on players for fees.

While I wholeheartedly agree with you, this suggests to me that we’re looking at a certain profile to complement Hojlund/Zirkzee, i.e. experienced, already played in the PL with no adjustment required, ability to lead the line, affordable, can and will accept a back-up/rotation role. Toney and DCL fit the bill. Anyway, I think this is just transfer market noise, we have other areas to strengthen first before adding yet another forward.

Yeah that sounds like the profile, however like others have said I can't see either of those two accepting rotation role so will need to look elsewhere

Really disappointed that Saudis have seemingly walked away from Casemiro and we have had zero interest in Antony so his agent may as well come out saying he wants to stay, also hoping that McTominay stance is purely so teams don't try to lowball us again.

If the positions we target are legit, would it rather mean that we see Dalot as full-back for both sides, or that we are considering playing Martinez as one of those trendy inverted full-back? I don't know if that would be a good fit for Lisandro, he has the ball-playing skills but not the pace, I think. Or do we simply hope that at least one of our LBs will stay fit for large parts of the season?

I really thought we would definitely go for a starting LB in the summer and use Shaw as high quality squad option for LB/CB. But I can understand why we would still see him as starter, as we certainly won't find a better LB than a fit
Shaw. We'll certainly need a good back-up plan though. I don't think Dalot is a lesser player on the left than on the right, so getting another good RB would make sense.

You'd think that a French journalist would mention a share of the profits if that were the case as it'd make Marseille's end of the deal look more favourable. However, they all say the same thing as Ornstein, Romano, and co.: large share of a future sale. 50% of the profits may not necessarily amount to that unless Greenwood is sold for double what Marseille paid for him.

I'll remain wary of Ducker's version of the story until another reliable journalist says the same thing as him. As of now, he's the only one who's talking about a share of the profits rather than a share of the sale.
I would be very surprised that if Marseille sold him today they would have to book a 50% loss in the accounts. Ducker's version more believable.

Really disappointed that Saudis have seemingly walked away from Casemiro and we have had zero interest in Antony so his agent may as well come out saying he wants to stay, also hoping that McTominay stance is purely so teams don't try to lowball us again.
I never had any hope that we could sell Antony this summer. Maybe we will loan him, if we can't move Sancho on. But with Casemiro I thought we'd have a chance. Unfortunately it seems that the Saudis don't take every has-been anymore. I can still see Casemiro playing a good role as back up. Problem is, he is quite expansive for this.

Yeah so far the sales haven't been up to the mark. Decent job getting 25-30M for Greenwood and 10M for Kambwala but we really need to be able to move guys like Casemiro and Sancho on. Seem to be failing on both fronts.

Let's see, Sancho might still materialize

I never had any hope that we could sell Antony this summer. Maybe we will loan him, if we can't move Sancho on. But with Casemiro I thought we'd have a chance. Unfortunately it seems that the Saudis don't take every has-been anymore. I can still see Casemiro playing a good role as back up. Problem is, he is quite expansive for this.

Yeah and means we are hamstrung from doing any more needed business such as second CB and starter DM. This must be really frustrating INEOS too you would imagine as they want to do some more deals

Yeah and means we are hamstrung from doing any more needed business such as second CB and starter DM
I doubt we are completely unable to do more signings. I just think it's prudent that we try to balance the outgoings with incomings throughout the window to avoid trying to sell 5 players in the last week of the window and getting even worse lowball offers.

I don't for one second believe Saudis won't take Casemiro if given a choice , more plausible scenario Casemiro might not willing to move there just yet .

The Antony deal annoys me beyond belief, not being able to find a cheaper RW was utterly pathetic. We then could have had the money to agree deal for De Ligt/Ugarte before tour but we are lumbered now

The Antony deal annoys me beyond belief, not being able to find a cheaper RW was utterly pathetic. We then could have had the money to agree deal for De Ligt/Ugarte before tour but we are lumbered now
We made an annual shit deal of epic proportions every window. Avoiding this alone would be a big step in the right direction.

I doubt we are completely unable to do more signings. I just think it's prudent that we try to balance the outgoings with incomings throughout the window to avoid trying to sell 5 players in the last week of the window and getting even worse lowball offers.

So if that's the case why has movement seemingly stopped after signing Yoro then

I don't for one second believe Saudis won't take Casemiro if given a choice , more plausible scenario Casemiro might not willing to move there just yet .
Yeah, maybe that's the more plausible reason. Then again, Casemiro didn't seem to enjoy himself a lot last season either.

It will definitely take time to clear the deadwood. At least 2-3 years. Rashford and Shaw just signed new contracts and one of them doesn't seem very interested in behaving like a professional footballer while the other one is often injured - two more unproductive players we are probably stuck with for the foreseeable future...

It will definitely take time to clear the deadwood. At least 2-3 years. Rashford and Shaw just signed new contracts and one of them doesn't seem very interested in behaving like a professional footballer while the other one is often injured - two more unproductive players we are probably stuck with for the foreseeable future...

Yeah just so frustrating we can't do a couple more deals before season starts due to lack of sales

Yeah so far the sales haven't been up to the mark. Decent job getting 25-30M for Greenwood and 10M for Kambwala but we really need to be able to move guys like Casemiro and Sancho on. Seem to be failing on both fronts.

Let's see, Sancho might still materialize

Sales only work if clubs want your players. Sancho may yet still go and we rejected a bid for McTominay. I'm not sure clubs are chomping at the bit for Antony.

A simple public statement that he wants to keep the player should speak for itself. ;)

Well I actually do believe he wants to keep the player - because he is the kind of player who can make a difference at the end of games. The cost of selling McTominay might easily prove more expensive that keeping him, so if it was ETH's decision alone - I can imagine there are 7-8 players he would get rid of before McTominay. But we probably end up with a situation where we can't get rid of too many of those

I would be very surprised that if Marseille sold him today they would have to book a 50% loss in the accounts. Ducker's version more believable.
Yep. People are taking the absence of clarity from journalists (shocking) as proof that it is 50% of any future fee vs profits. Reckon Ducker’s the only one who’s accurately described the “sell on” clause. It’s nonsensical from Marseille’s perspective for it to be 50% of total proceeds when they just paid €30m for him. That type of clause only makes sense for much cheaper, prospective sales, like selling youngsters to smaller teams.

Well I actually do believe he wants to keep the player - because he is the kind of player who can make a difference at the end of games. The cost of selling McTominay might easily prove more expensive that keeping him, so if it was ETH's decision alone - I can imagine there are 7-8 players he would get rid of before McTominay. But we probably end up with a situation where we can't get rid of too many of those

Yeah Antony and Sancho would seem leading candidates imo. Lindelof is probably also for sale.

Sales only work if clubs want your players. Sancho may yet still go and we rejected a bid for McTominay. I'm not sure clubs are chomping at the bit for Antony.

What's really annoying is we wouldn't need to raise so much now if £115m hadn't been frittered

We have 5 senior players up for sale currently - Lindelof, AwB, Sancho, Casemiro and McT. I understand not hitting 5/5. Atleast one of Casemiro / Sancho and 2 out of Lindelof AwB and McT should be possible

Late August is the market for these types of players - players that teams aren’t desperate for and the intention is clearly to sell.

Buyers are comfortable playing the long game / assessing their options.

If the positions we target are legit, would it rather mean that we see Dalot as full-back for both sides, or that we are considering playing Martinez as one of those trendy inverted full-back? I don't know if that would be a good fit for Lisandro, he has the ball-playing skills but not the pace, I think. Or do we simply hope that at least one of our LBs will stay fit for large parts of the season?

I really thought we would definitely go for a starting LB in the summer and use Shaw as high quality squad option for LB/CB. But I can understand why we would still see him as starter, as we certainly won't find a better LB than a fit
Shaw. We'll certainly need a good back-up plan though. I don't think Dalot is a lesser player on the left than on the right, so getting another good RB would make sense.

Yeah the LB situation is a bit confusing. We seem to want to upgrade the RB more (AwB out, a more attacking RB in) but no links at all to left backs.

Maybe we believe Malacia will be back or Amass would step up. I really don't think we should experiment with Martinez at LB.

Yeah the LB situation is a bit confusing. We seem to want to upgrade the RB more (AwB out, a more attacking RB in) but no links at all to left backs.

Maybe we believe Malacia will be back or Amass would step up. I really don't think we should experiment with Martinez at LB.
I'm surprised about that, but I relay warm to this idea. We have in Shaw potentially one of the best in this position, in Malacia a good cover if he can get fit, in Amass a bright prospect and on Dalot very strong full back equally good on both sides, if the others fail.

I also don't think Martinez would be good there, but I've seen this theory circulating a bit on here.

Source (Tier 1):

AC Milan, for Fofana there is the introduction of Manchester United and Atletico Madrid: now AS Monaco asks [for] 35 million [Euros]. Other options are also being evaluated, including Rabiot.

I swear Monaco were asking for like 18m before.
That may have been what AC Milan were willing to offer Monaco for Fofana, but even that isn't enough. Previously, Monaco were looking for €30m, but they've since increased the price after United and other clubs became more interested.

Have to say I’m loving our transfer strategy this summer. I feel that this will be the best transfer window for us in over a decade.

No drawn out sagas, no food for the shitty Twitter ITKs - simply make a sensible bid for realistic transfer targets and move on if the selling club gets too greedy, along with removal of the overpaid deadwood.

Seems like Berrada, Ashworth and co are making a statement to restore our reputation but going about it in an astute way.

PSG want more money for Ugarte than they paid for him last year, while wanting to get rid of him. Pricks.

Yeah Antony and Sancho would seem leading candidates imo. Lindelof is probably also for sale.

Antony we are stuck with - Sancho has proven that he can play football, so we can probably get rid of him....but there is a risk that we have to subsidize his wages to do it.