Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2024/25

I would sold anyone who is above 25 bar Martinez, Shaw. Sell the cnuts and start proper building of the team.
Mainoo
Yoro
Martinez
Diallo
Shaw
Hojlund
Zirkze
Fatso from Bayern if we sign him
Ugarte
Nacho
Dalot
Sell them and finally start rebuilding. 1 or 2 wilderness are nothing. We are shit for decade. Can't stand players who are "good enough".
Build the frame of the team and then add 2-3 player every years to keep everyone on the toes.
And how do you propose that? Sell them for nothing and also pay their wages?

And how do you propose that? Sell them for nothing and also pay their wages?
First step, would be to not overvaule our players. Just ship them out and start fresh.
Build the young core, we are not winning league next year anyway, and build on that.

Are a lot of the French based players being linked because of the INEOS / Nice connection? Or is it just that maybe, initially, we could be targeting those known players at this early stage of our recruitment rebuild?

If the players we're linked with aren't Dutch / Dutch connected (Zirkzee, De Ligt, Simons, Amrabat) - which gets a lot of mentions - then they're mostly French based - which doesn't.

I'm happy with the two signings so far, and some of the bigger links - Ugarte and De Ligt especially. But you could make an argument that, so far, we've only really added one extra layer (French based) to the former Dutch one. :lol:
Whatever the reason I am glad. Seens criminally untapped market for league, let alone club and of of the few leagues where theres genuine value too

We cant afford to lose Bruno - the only experienced player we can truly rely on.
This I find strange. We have slated Pogba and more recently Rashford as two talented players that have shown no consistency.But largely amongst the fan base Fernandes has escaped criticism....last season he was really inconsistent until the last 6/7weeks of the season so how is he the one we can rely on and rely on for what....attitude,no injuries and working hard.....as despite being a verygood player capable of decisive moments in terms of cosistency of performance he hasnt been reliable at all

OK. Please do not sidetrack the transfer thread. If you want to have a deep discussion about Mazraoui‘s political stance, take it to the CE forum.

I don’t want to hand out threadbans so please heed.

This I find strange. We have slated Pogba and more recently Rashford as two talented players that have shown no consistency.But largely amongst the fan base Fernandes has escaped criticism....last season he was really inconsistent until the last 6/7weeks of the season so how is he the one we can rely on and rely on for what....attitude,no injuries and working hard.....as despite being a verygood player capable of decisive moments in terms of cosistency of performance he hasnt been reliable at all
You've answered your own question a bit here. Bruno's form is inconsistent but he always puts a shift in, unlike Rashford and Pogba.

First step, would be to not overvaule our players. Just ship them out and start fresh.
Build the young core, we are not winning league next year anyway, and build on that.
That's fine for the future but what do you propose we do about the ones we already have? They have contracts.

80 mill + Ugarte + Simons

Structured with 40 for Simons 40 for and 160 for Fernandes

Transfermkt values :
Bruno : 70 M€
Xavi simons : 80 M€
Ugarte : 45 M€

It’s probably not the exact values, but no way in hell you get simons + ugarte + 80m for bruno

You've answered your own question a bit here. Bruno's form is inconsistent but he always puts a shift in, unlike Rashford and Pogba.
Not really, relying on a star man toalways put in a shift despite being inconsistent, is surprising it escapes criticism, not something worthy ofcommending ,it should normal....but the main point is this doesnt make a player irreplacable which a lot of people are saying.

Dont get me wrong, I like Fernandes and Ilike thetraits you mention, but for me, irrelevant of what all these stats say though a good player and even despite the frustrations been one of our better players....a big fee considering his age should be considered atleast. See these posts of wouldnt sell himfor £100m like eh....he has had some great performances and spells here,but lets get a dose of reality about just how good he has actually been.

There are big players on bigger wages,there are other stars I would sell over him of course, buthave read McTominay, Rashford and Fernandes are three players outside the supposed untouchables wont be sold......£150m oddandI dont know...£750k a week wages....grass isnt always greener, sell the othertwo way over him.....but would i rather give as is getting mtued a near 30yr old Fernandesa new contrat and keep the other two orhave thatmoney to spend.....definately the latter if we ould get certain players

We cant even shift the current Sancho, this guy is still two Sancho's down the line after we get rid of original Sancho and the next Sancho (Antony).
This is lazy journalism, everyone and their dog knows this wouldnt happen and he would get another chance. we are not covered there either.

OK. Please do not sidetrack the transfer thread. If you want to have a deep discussion about Mazraoui‘s political stance, take it to the CE forum.

I don’t want to hand out threadbans so please heed.
Bunch more posts deleted, and two edited, to keep the politics out the thread and prevent ending up with half-baked discussions. As @Fortitude said, feel free to discuss Mazraoui's political views in the CE.

Not a fan of Mazraoui, never find him anything special he'll be 27 in november plus he's injury prone. 5 different injuries last season all muscular, 19 games missed. Looking at his injury record it seems he struggles with those muscular injuries. First quality is availability, it's not only the games missed due to injury but the days/weeks after the recovery to gain fitness and how you have to deal with it so the player doesnt get another muscular injury.

We should stay away from this one.

he'll be 27 in november plus he's injury prone. 5 different injuries last season all muscular, 19 games missed.
Now that’s a concern. We don’t need a player who gets 5 different muscular injuries per season

The French league has a lot of young talent available for far less than the relative cost in any of the other big leagues. Also has the highest success rate of players adopting to the PL, so makes sense for us to look there. INEOS do probably have a broad knowledge of the best talents in that league too. We have been linked with some players from Spain, Norway and South America also. Whether we'll actually sign someone from there we'll need to see. I suspect we might sign some less known youngsters later in the window once our main business is done.
Also they're struggling for a TV deal

I can only assume the lack of love for this post is because the forums full of kids who don’t remember VIv
I think you have hit the nail on the head, you only have to read the ridiculous comments about past United players on here, I swear most never saw them play and go off statistics. By the way the comment from Bertie Wooster was very clever :)

Not a fan of Mazraoui, never find him anything special he'll be 27 in november plus he's injury prone. 5 different injuries last season all muscular, 19 games missed. Looking at his injury record it seems he struggles with those muscular injuries. First quality is availability, it's not only the games missed due to injury but the days/weeks after the recovery to gain fitness and how you have to deal with it so the player doesnt get another muscular injury.

We should stay away from this one.
Getting rid of AWB to get an injury-prone player makes no sense. Not even comparable to De Ligt's injuries.

Especially when we had injury issues last season and we were dependent on AWB. Not getting that. Makes sense business-wise re: PSR but not as a football decision.

Getting rid of AWB to get an injury-prone player makes no sense. Not even comparable to De Ligt's injuries.

Especially when we had injury issues last season and we were dependent on AWB. Not getting that. Makes sense business-wise re: PSR but not as a football decision.
AWB had a bunch of injury issues himself

Suddenly becoming silly season again where we are being linked with everybody. Surely we need some outgoings now to create funds? Feel like things will go slow for a while now while we struggle to shift players.

Suddenly becoming silly season again where we are being linked with everybody. Surely we need some outgoings now to create funds? Feel like things will go slow for a while now while we struggle to shift players.
My thought exactly. Seems like the media are spinning with so many stories and that United are beeing linked to random players.

Also it might be the clubs strategy to have three players they're looking at in every position. For every position we're trying to strengthen there is three players beeing linked to us.

Whatever the reason I am glad. Seens criminally untapped market for league, let alone club and of of the few leagues where theres genuine value too

Premier league buys primarily from the French league though:

Ligue 1, the French top division where Yoro shot to prominence last season, is where the Premier League’s 20 clubs have collectively spent more than any other overseas league in the past decade.

The outlay stood at £1.81billion ($2.34bn) in the previous 10 years ahead of this summer and, in all probability, will soar past the £2bn mark in the next six weeks. The weight of numbers making the move to the Premier League from French clubs — 145 players and counting — is also unsurpassed.

No other European league has received more of the Premier League’s riches through transfer fees than France’s top division since 2014, although Spain’s La Liga and Germany’s Bundesliga are not far behind.

Premier league buys primarily from the French league though:

Ligue 1, the French top division where Yoro shot to prominence last season, is where the Premier League’s 20 clubs have collectively spent more than any other overseas league in the past decade.

The outlay stood at £1.81billion ($2.34bn) in the previous 10 years ahead of this summer and, in all probability, will soar past the £2bn mark in the next six weeks. The weight of numbers making the move to the Premier League from French clubs — 145 players and counting — is also unsurpassed.

No other European league has received more of the Premier League’s riches through transfer fees than France’s top division since 2014, although Spain’s La Liga and Germany’s Bundesliga are not far behind.

So an average of around £12.5 million per player from France.

Not an exact metric, but I wonder what the equivalent price per player average is for Germany and Spain.

You should jump to his performance thread at any given page last season

His numbers are more consistent than the former two and he's still often slated - go to his performances thread

His workrate and attitude have been pretty reliable. Outside of that, things depend on the team performances as a whole which were under par.

He is still the first name on the team sheet for me.

We bought 173m worth of players last summer. We have already spent 80m this summer and it will end up at easily over 150m.

Our wage bill isnt even that high. As a precentage of turnover we are quiet low compared to our rivals.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https://preview.redd.it/the-swiss-ramble-premier-league-clubs-wage-to-turnover-v0-ib19zd0rf5oc1.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=951537aebe8d86cbcdbde01b43fe81664097bc5a
There are three factors to consider here ;

1. PSR/FSP/FFP with losses predicted of £70m plus for last years accounts this will have an impact on our three year acceptable losses of £105m, we only made minimal sale of A Fernandez for £5m before June 30th so it looks like the club were able to show the Commission payments to Raine Group for selling the club as an exceptional item in the accounts and this will not affect PSR/FFP otherwise the club would have been in a rush to sell more players before July 1st 2024. UEFA’s squad ratio rule is 80% this year from Jan 1st to December 31st 2024. If the Revenue is £660m as predicted and wages are just 50% as shown on Swiss Rambles chart. This means the club can only spend 80% of £660m(£528m) on Wages, Upfront Agent Fees, Amortised Existing Transfer Fees and New Transfers. Assuming £330m wages, Agent Fees £50m, Existing Amortised Fees(what we currently owe to existing clubs for transfers yearly for players like Casemiro and Antony etc) - £90m, this is a moving figure due to the new accounting period from UEFA so that’s an estimate of £470m, this is where the £50-60m of budget came from but it was not accurately described, since this is the financial monetary value that can be spent in this years accounts and does not take into account transfers purchased on yearly plans and player amortisation, therefore a true budget was nearer £150-200m.

2. Homegrown players sold for 100% profit. Players like Mason Greenwood, Alvaro Fernandez and Willy Kambawla represent 100% net profit of probably £40m which can be added to the £50-60m estimated as Squad ratio Allowance. This now means that the club has £90-100m available before any other sales to spend and looking at the first two deals they would impact the budget in the following way. Joshua Zirkzee £36m cost was spread over 3 years with his Agent fee being paid up front of approximately £10m. Lenny Yoro the transfer was widely rumoured to be an initial £52m with £16m paid up front and then three instalments of £12m plus any bonuses should the targets be reached. Lenny Yoro’s agent is Mendes so assume another high agent fee of £10m and the club would now have spent £20m of the £50m set aside for Agent Fees and £28m of the £90-100m still available under FSP.

In simple layman’s terms, they can still probably sign 2 or 3 top players as the wages have already been reduce substantially by Varane, Martial, DVB, Greenwood and Brandon Williams all leaving. You can clearly see that Ashworth and Wilcox are used to working in much tighter FFP constraints and have thought this out very precisely with Omar Berrada backing. Their next obvious move is to sell the best homegrown options like;
S Mctominay and Hanibal for maybe £40m which moves the Transfer budget from £90-100m to £130-140m

3. The biggest issue of all for Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox is actual cash and money available to facilitate new player purchases. The club had a revolving credit line facility that was maxed out by December 2023 which is why no winter transfers or even loans were available. SJR new investment made an initial $200(157m) with a further $100m(£78m) to be made available December 2024. We also know that £50m is being used for huge upgrades to Carrington and that £120m was paid off the credit card facility earlier this year.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/03/14/manc...r-jim-ratcliffes-cash-injection-20463678/amp/

So in terms of cash actually needed so far in the transfer window, the club has spent or allowed for £48m. Hypothetically let’s assume United have their best transfer summer in living memory and the following happens;
The Club Signs M De Ligt(£38m),
M Ugarte(£42m), M Zubimendi(£50m),

X Simmons (loan with an obligation/7m loan fee), F Kadiogiou (£23m) , I Toney (£35m) as well as J Zirkzee and L Yoro

The Club Sells S Mctominay(35m), Hannibal(10m), J Sancho(35m),
F Pellistri(£7.5m).

Scott Mctominay would move the transfer needle to now £165-175m that the club would be allowed to spend this summer just on transfer fees subject to the cash being available. Now in exactly the same way united would pay instalments for new players, clubs buying players from united would do the Same, so instead of receiving £120-130m for player sales the club might receive 1/5th of that sum this summer so let’s estimate £25m.

The club had originally £120m of cash to facilitate all the transfer initial payments and upfront Agent Fees, now they have £145m of which they have probably already spent £48m. If all the transfers above actually happened, this would be an additional total of £195m and could be negotiated over 3/4 year terms then the cash required would be approximately £60m plus the Agent fees £28m this summer.

That’s £88m added to the £48m which would represent a total investment this summer of £136m however a total transfer window of £270-280m or £150m net transfer spend and well within the PSR/FSP threshold.

The key is selling players and negotiating excellent payment terms, this may be the reason that players like M Zubimendi and J Neves do not happen, simply because the selling clubs want the full payment up front and United currently can not afford that type of transaction.

Last edited:
My thought exactly. Seems like the media are spinning with so many stories and that United are beeing linked to random players.

Also it might be the clubs strategy to have three players they're looking at in every position. For every position we're trying to strengthen there is three players beeing linked to us.
It’s exactly that, the club under competent management understand, that the positions need filling and they are working on 2 or 3 options in each position so if a club thinks they can manipulate us, we’ll simply very politely move on to another target.

It looks like we know that we need another CB, Probably 2 Midfielders, and maybe one Fullback and Winger/Striker depending sales. We are probably being linked with 4 or 5 midfielders right now as we know at least one or two are going and we need a DM and a CM as a matter of urgency.