Toby Collyer England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Where would he fit in, in the current team? I saw some of him preseason, but I do not know enough about his game. Can he back up Casemiro, or more spell Mainoo (I really hope we do not run Mainoo into thr ground this season)? Thanks for any thoughts/opinions, I can't figure out what type of player he is from what little I have seen.
I've seen little of him but from what I've seen he is defensively quite good, presses well but a bit limited on the ball technically.

Probably works best at the moment as a DM and could play alongside either Mainoo or Casemiro who could play a bit more advanced.

I've seen little of him but from what I've seen he is defensively quite good, presses well but a bit limited on the ball technically.

Probably works best at the moment as a DM and could play alongside either Mainoo or Casemiro who could play a bit more advanced.

Thanks mate

Mature performance, I like his two footedness on the ball. Needs to translate what he was doing on the ball in this match to the first team but a promising performance.
Not sure if it has been posted here, but Binnion recently did an interview and said Collyer is with the first team this season, as he is the closest to being ready to make an impact. Interestingly, he said physically he's ready and his positioning is good, it's just expressing himself on the ball more.

He seems more of a mobile #8, than a sitting #6, from what I've seen. More of a Fletcher than a Carrick. Is that assesment accurate?

Not sure if it has been posted here, but Binnion recently did an interview and said Collyer is with the first team this season, as he is the closest to being ready to make an impact. Interestingly, he said physically he's ready and his positioning is good, it's just expressing himself on the ball more.

Yeah that makes sense, he's definitely physically ready. My only concern from watching him on pre-season was his ball control and then his reserved passing. If he can get more comfortable with the speed of men's football and premier league football he could be a very interesting player for us. Its always the same question with youth players, whether their talent can overcome the step up.

He seems more of a mobile #8, than a sitting #6, from what I've seen. More of a Fletcher than a Carrick. Is that assesment accurate?
For me personally I’ve compared him to Carrick more as I see him as a pivot currently but he can carry the ball like Fletcher used to. It’s the two footed awareness and ability to make the smart pass when his on his game for me.

That looks a much better performance. Hopefully he can put it together.

He can actually play in midfield and not as a no 10

One of the best performances we have hade from a midfielder was McTominay as an 8 in the final against Villarreal. He can play in midfield, but, like lost players, need to be used right.

One of the best performances we have hade from a midfielder was McTominay as an 8 in the final against Villarreal. He can play in midfield, but, like lost players, need to be used right.
No he cannot. He can do it on the odd occasion never consistently and never in the type of side we are becoming. Not getting on the ball is not an option

He needs to be part of the first team squad, looks like a solid DM. Not brilliant on the ball but neither are Casemiro or Ugarte.

Passing lacks zip and ambition for me, though the switch out wide right looks like it worked quite nicely. Good performance otherwise though.

After his appearances on pre-season his confidence must be high.

I hope EtH can give him some minutes late on in the upcoming games...potentially when Mainoo/Casemiro are tiring in the last 10-15 minutes.

After his appearances on pre-season his confidence must be high.

I hope EtH can give him some minutes late on in the upcoming games...potentially when Mainoo/Casemiro are tiring in the last 10-15 minutes.
I now fully believe he is the one ETH means the three-month development plan to become a contributing squad member. Another is Amass though.

Palace apparently value Wharton at north of £100m so Collyer would have to have a hell of a season to make a dent in that.
Great news for England then if we have another young midfielder that has a value of 100mil...I will keep an eye on him this season.

Looks like a really good athlete and has really good balance and i genuinely cannot tell if he is right or left footed.
Looks like we have another really good midfield prospect on our hands.

I can see Martinez really enjoy playing with him as he always provides an angle and keeps the flow going, more so than some senior first team colleagues.

Hopefully we can see him, Mainoo and Gore in a European game if the latter doesn’t get a loan before deadline day.

Compared to Garnacho and Mainoo I wouldn't say I ever thought Collyer would be next in line, but Ten Hag has clearly seen something in training he likes. Interested to see how he adapts to the first team and if there's more to him than meets the eye.

Is he fast? Looks it in those highlights but hard to say against U21s.

Yeah for a midfielder its certainly one of his better assets. Dont think he's fast compared to positions that normally feature speed like wingers, fullbacks or a striker but compared to ordinarily slower players in the middle he's quick and mobile.

Man Utd 0:3 Liverpool New
Given the circumstances thought he was decent.

He’ll probably go on to have a solid career, highly doubt it will be here.

Should never be made to play in a game like this to be fair to him but yeah, he looked way out of his depth.

Proper dear in headlights stuff.

Put him on in the highest of pressure games in a set up with no midfield and presumably bizarre instructions. This kid was fed to the vampires by a coach that is killing this club.

Zero conclusions to be drawn.

Very slow on the defensive transition and sloppy on the ball. Still better than Casemiro. He needs to do much better going forward or move him on too. shouldnt be holding onto youth graduates just because they are youth graduates. They have to be good enough. (Rashford)
He shouldn’t have been thrown into that today though. Unfair on him

Aside from being big and aggressive, I’ve seen no signs at all. Including on pre-season.

Better than a guy who won 5 Champions League titles. I think that's all that can be said about either player today.

I hope he gets eased in properly now after having to be parachuted into that shitshow there. Not an easy game for your first start, but he did at least help towards fixing one problem.