The World Cup Final: France vs Croatia (Kickoff 16H00 BST)

Totally a penalty. Did he try to move his arm away? forget intention. His arm was in the way. Penalty
Except, intention is what it talks about in the rules, not whether it was 'in the way or not'.

That's as touch and go a penalty as Perisic scoring an illegally high kick goal against England. Swings and roundabouts. You take them when given for you and against you.

Yep, that’s the beauty of football and why we all love it. The game would be boring if it was devoid of opinion and talking points.

Wrong call.

Arm in natural position, doesn't even see the ball coming.

Hope that VAR doesn't end up deciding a WC final - in the wrong way.

The French midfield is having a mare . Kante has been shocking and making error after error . Pogba is subpar,misplacing passes ,getting dispossessed ,seems nervous and only had one positive pass all game . Matuidi has been invisible .

And France have scored now through a penalty . They have been quite lucky in the match . First an own goal through a soft free-kick and now this . I guess the gods want France to win the world cup .

Croatia has been sensational and unlucky . Perisic,Rakitic and Modric have been great . I hope they equalise as they deserve it .

But it's instinctive which makes it intentional surely?
He completely follows through with the slap as well, it's not exactly ball to hand in the strictest sense.

You honestly believe his instincts and reactions are so good that he can guess when someone will miss a header and adjust his arm accordingly

the little movement between the hand and knee shows that he tried to disguise it after it happened. it hits his hand as he moves it towards the ball and realises then moves his knee towards his hand to try and disguise it. i may be wrong but thats my interpretation from what ive seen so far.

I said England were shit, not sure what else you want me to say on that matter.

Doesn’t detract from the fact Croatia are also very average. They don’t get to the final if they weren’t in the same side of the draw than England.

Maybe not, we'll never really know. They did manage to beat what was put in front of them however.

Got to feel for Croatia here, think both goals were very harsh

Forget intention? So ignore the rules?
How can you prove whether or not there was any intention? They are all good actors. He could have moved his arm out of the way. No problem

How is that a clear pen when it’s clearly not deliberate?

How many handballs have been given a pen when it wasn't deliberate ? Loads of them.

The handball rule was always flawed. This isn't exception.

Maybe Mourinho has been after Perisic as a replacement for DDG? I don't think I've ever seen someone with better reflexes.