The World Cup Final: France vs Croatia (Kickoff 16H00 BST)

How is anyone claiming it’s not a penalty. It was a clear handball.

Hate handballs. Whole rule needs to be revisited. A deflection 50 cm away from his arm and I got pundits here saying it's a clear penalty. I feel my World Cup final is ruined already.

I don't think it deflected of Matuidi, I think he. missed it

He was jumping, it looked like entirely natural movement to me and there was never any intention to handle the ball.

Handball is the most misinterpreted rule in football.
Both arms go up as he jumps (understandable), left arm drops/knee goes up as the ball comes... not so understandable. Looked like he wanted to use knee and arm to create a barrier and I'd give it (but be pissed if it was against United) as would lots of others and most importantly, the ref.

Like I said, refs get it wrong all the time. That's never deliberate in a million years.
Not after watching it for like 10 times. And if it was such an obvious non-pen, the 5 refs in the studio wouldn't have called the ref to look at it in the first place.

I’d rather not have jokes about Keown touching someone’s knee, BBC. Thanks.

Croatia do not deserve to be losing that. They can still win this.

39% possession for France with 1 shot against 7 by Croatia.

For Football's credibility this can't end like this

Pogba really struggles to dominate the midfield against energetic opponents. Just can't win those crucial first and second balls.

Croatia are the best side, dominated the whole half and are the losing side, facepalm really.

Croatia have been desperately unlucky. Own goal off a dive and a soft penalty like that (is a pen, but more by chance and bad luck then france doing something), while dominating the rest of the game. Theyve been far better here.

3 mins added time? It took him close to 3 mins to even come up with a decision!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, England rightfully lost to Croatia actually. That's why they're not in the final

Did they? I wasn’t aware of that....

Fact is Croatia have beaten poor opposition (some might say England were just that but we were more than a match for them for half the game) on route to the final and are now playing the game of their life and are still losing to a French team who haven’t even got out of first gear.

France with an undeserved lead. Croatia the better team.

Pogba & Kante have been poor.

Totally undeserved lead for France. They haven't made any effort so far.

Not a penalty in any means. Perisic had no chance ti avoid it.