The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: I was just about to say the same thing, Chief. I saw 3 pages since this morning and was excited to see what I had missed but instead get three pages of people trying to explain the problems of illegal voter suppression to someone who just thinks that it's not real and people's fault for not wanting it or trying hard enough. Some of the answers over the last 3 pages would be better suited in the flat Earth thread rather than here.
Oi don't get all 'Not in mah thread!' But seriously, 3 pages? Insignificant amongst the 800+ in this thread. Anyway, what happened to you the other day when it got a bit lively in here? Must admit I thought something serious had happened to ya...

Has anyone in this thread actually said that voter suppression doesn't exist? Reading through the last few pages it seems that all @ghagua has said is that regardless of the hurdles that the GOP have placed in front of minority voters to get registered, if it really was that important to them then by hook or by crook they should jump those hurdles.

If the GOP truely want to deny votes to a large section of society then the best course of action is to do the thing they don't want you to do...regardless of how fecking hard it is.
6 million people of which many are ethnic minorities are banned from voting because they were convicted of a crime. How do you jump that hurdle?

Don't want to discuss this with you either. I challenge anyone to get a person who is not registered, to get off their backside, get proper ID's and then get registered to vote. If anyone can do that and show that they were blocked from voting, then I will stop posting on this topic.

You are such a bloody WUM. Ive no tolerance for wilful ignorance. Off to the flat earth thread with you.

Last edited:
wow. That's stunning to me. It may not be an issue now but I can see where it could become one. It's amazing that no one ever tried some mass voter fraud with it so seemingly easy to steel someone's vote. I think the reason why politicians want to require ID is politically motivated to help their party. But to me it just seems odd that requiring an ID isn't necessary. I also find it Odd that people don't think it necessary to require some sort of identification. This is quite shocking to me. I must tell you.

Think about it this way, in order to actually commit voter fraud you'd have to stand in a long line all the time risking about 10 years in jail all in order to cast 1 vote. Oh and somehow being sure that you're using a name/address that hasn't already been used, and that the people in the polling station don't know that person, otherwise you're likely going to jail.

McMaster just perjuried himself too, although obviously technically not because not under oath. But his statement said sources and methods were not discussed.

The signs should be obvious to anyone with a shred of integrity at this point: work for Trump and he will destroy you, inadvertently or not.

Total BS right there. Take a look at these maps as an example. It is targeted suppression of the vote and nothing else.
Also, what does ID actually help with? A myth...
A recent study found that, since 2000, there were only 31 credible allegations of voter impersonation – the only type of fraud that photo IDs could prevent – during a period of time in which over 1 billion ballots were cast

Voter_ID_Fig_1.gif

Voter_ID_Fig_2.png

Hey, this is a subject I'm interested in. I'm sure many others are too.If you could be faffed, start a thread and throw some content in.

I've always wondered why the American voting system is seen to be so hard compared to normal countries. I've never had to put in any kind of genuine effort to vote in the U.K. Nor was it difficult to vote from overseas. Is the US system that min more difficult than "Be on the electoral roll, turn up and vote"?

I've had a lazy Google on occasion and gave up.

Another day, another bizarre event:

"The information Trump relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said."

.... from Jan 12th:
Carefully built relationships of Trust between intelligence communities now starting to fracture with the incoming administration:
US intel sources warn Israel against sharing secrets with Trump administration
Israeli intelligence officials fear that top-classified information that has been exposed to the United States will be leaked to Russia – and from Russia to its close ally, Iran.

Ronen Bergman |Published: 12.01.17 , 14:12

Donald Trump’s upcoming inauguration as the next president of the United States is causing Israeli intelligence officials to lose sleep as well. Discussions held in closed forums recently raised fears of a leakage of Israeli intelligence top-classified information, clandestine modus oprandi and sources, which have been exposed to the American intelligence community over the past 15 years, to Russia – and from there to Iran.

The cause of concern are the suspicions of unreported ties between the president-elect or his associates and the Kremlin, whose agents are also associated with intelligence officials in Tehran.

Trump (L) and Putin. American officials believe the Russian president has ‘leverages of pressure’ over the US president-elect (Photo: AFP)

These fears, which began upon Trump’s election, grew stronger following a meeting held recently between Israeli and American intelligence officials (the date of the meeting is not mentioned to protect the sources of the report). During the meeting, according to the Israelis who participated in it, their American colleagues voiced despair over Trump’s election, as he often lashes out at the American intelligence community. The American officials also told the Israelis that the National Security Agency (NSA) had “highly credible information” that Russia’s intelligence agencies, the FSB and GRU, were responsible for hacking the Democratic Party (DNC) servers during the elections and leaking sensitive information to WikiLeaks, which hurt Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

The American officials further added that they believed Russia President Vladimir Putin had “leverages of pressure” over Trump – but did not elaborate. They were apparently referring to what was published Wednesday about embarrassing information collected by the Russian intelligence (http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4905959,00.html) in a bid to blackmail the president-elect.

The Americans implied that their Israeli colleagues should “be careful” as of January 20, Trump’s inauguration date, when transferring intelligence information to the White House and to the National Security Council (NSC), which is subject to the president. According to the Israelis who were present in the meeting, the Americans recommended that until it is made clear that Trump is not inappropriately connected to Russia and is not being extorted – Israel should avoid revealing sensitive sources to administration officials for fear the information would reach the Iranians.

If Israel’s secrets are indeed not kept confidential, this is a serious danger to the state’s national security: Since the early 2000s, the cooperation between the Israel and US intelligence communities has been intensified. It was led by the head of the Israeli Military Intelligence Directorate (AMAN) at the time, Aharon Ze’evi Farkash (who even received a citation from the NSA Chief General Michael Hayden), late Mossad chief Meir Dagan and his successor, Tamir Pardo, who served earlier as the commander of one of the secret operational units that cooperated with the Americans.

Most of the joint operations between the two countries’ intelligence communities were directed, according to reports, against Iran, and a small part of them – against Hezbollah and Hamas. The ties became even tighter in the previous decade on the backdrop of Primes Ministers Ariel Sharon and Ehud Olmert’s close relations with US President George W. Bush.

In 2008, the intelligence cooperation between Israel and the US received a sort of authorization in the form of an official agreement for comprehensive cooperation and exposure of sources and methods of action, which was defined by a senior state official as “complete mutual striptease” between Bush and Olmert. The deep cooperation, which went on for years, led to impressive results, including the disruption of the Iranian nuclear program.

These operations were led, according to the media outside of Israel by Operation Olympic Games, which included the creation of computer viruses such as Stuxnet, which badly damaged the Iranian nuclear program. Non-Israeli media outlets even reported that the Mossad and the CIA collaborated in the assassination of Hezbollah commander Imad Mughniyah in Damascus in 2008.

When the secret talks between the US and Iran over a nuclear agreement began in 2013, President Barack Obama put an end to any offensive activity against Iran. However, this did not stop the depth of Israel’s intelligence exposure vis-à-vis the US. A leakage of some of these secrets could cause great damage. Israel is not just afraid of Russia – but also of Iran.

In their meeting with their Israeli colleagues, the American intelligence officials were able to point to information included in the Snowden documents about specific highly secret American operation in Iran. The Americans are convinced that Edward Snowden handed the information over to the Russian intelligence – as part of the deal for receiving political asylum – and that parts of it were handed over to Tehran as part of Putin’s policy to increase Iranian dependence – not just Syrian dependence – on Moscow, all aimed at serving one final purpose: To restore Russia’s position as the influential world power in the region.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4906642,00.html

Hey, this is a subject I'm interested in. I'm sure many others are too.If you could be faffed, start a thread and throw some content in.

I've always wondered why the American voting system is seen to be so hard compared to normal countries. I've never had to put in any kind of genuine effort to vote in the U.K. Nor was it difficult to vote from overseas. Is the US system that min more difficult than "Be on the electoral roll, turn up and vote"?

I've had a lazy Google on occasion and gave up.
I also find this shocking whenever I here about it. Living in Germany, all you have to do to vote is to show up at the right polling station and bring your ID. That's it. I find it really strange that you have to register to vote.

I also find this shocking whenever I here about it. Living in Germany, all you have to do to vote is to show up at the right polling station and bring your ID. That's it. I find it really strange that you have to register to vote.

In the UK we do have to register to vote but don't require ID...presumably unless specifically asked. We've got to take polling cards right enough.

In the UK we do have to register to vote but don't require ID...presumably unless specifically asked. We've got to take polling cards right enough.
How do you register?

Do you have to take yours? I just got a slightly disapproving sigh when I turned up without mine a couple weeks back.

Do you have to take yours? I just got a slightly disapproving sigh when I turned up without mine a couple weeks back.

I'm not sure actually? I've always just taken it since I presume we have to but it must not be compulsory then.

So Trump, under investigation over links with Russia, bans the US media from the White House so as to invite the Russian foreign minister to a meeting where upon he freely reveals classified intelligence information to him?

This genuinely is in 'couldn't make it up' territory.

Just on the government website. Once it's done it's done, though. Don't need to do it again each time.
Still feels wrong to me. It should be as effortless and simple as possible. I really like our system. Before an election you get a notification by mail. You can use that to request postal voting, too. And then all you have to do is send the letter with your vote or show up at the polls.

So he apparently revealed intelligence about a close ally. It was us wasn't it.

I don't even get asked, just have to tell my name and address.
Yup. Which if you think about it, would be really easy for someone that knew you to nick your vote :lol:
I'm not sure actually? I've always just taken it since I presume we have to but it must not be compulsory then.
I think it's just easier for them as they just find the roll number rather than looking for the address. I was tempted to change my vote because the Lib Dem outside the polling station was a dick about it. Was avoiding eye contact with the Labour one.

I'm trying not to look too much into what's been coming out.... But, it doesn't look good for him does it?

@Pexbo

This story (Israel's intell being concerned) came to mind when I read the news, likewise a report from Farenthold or Eichwald, don't know remember which of the two, that EU intell services withhold information from the US because of Twitler and how carelessly US intell treated their warnings about potential ties between the Twitler campaign folks and Russia.

If Republicans still back this fraud, lock'em all up.

CNN just read out a WH statement basically rejecting the report if I understood correctly.

I'm trying not to look too much into what's been coming out.... But, it doesn't look good for him does it?

As others have said, the system the founding fathers put in place didn't count on having a Congress and Senate made up of equally corrupt and morally bankrupt individuals who are members of what is effectively an organised crime unit.

@Pexbo

This story (Israel's intell being concerned) came to mind when I read the news, likewise a report from Farenthold or Eichwald, don't know remember which of the two, thath EU intell services withhold information from the US because of Twitler and how carelessly US intell treated their warnings about potential ties between the Twitler campaign folks and Russia.

If Republicans still back this fraud, lock'em all up.

CNN just read out a WH statement basically rejecting the report if I understood correctly.

If they're rejecting the report it'll just be more drama for them as it seems like many members of the intelligence community are already verifying it and stating the degree of seriousness.

The house or senate intelligence committees will verify it for themselves and then ask why the White House is putting out yet another lie as their official line.

I wonder what drama next week will bring. At this point, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Trump takes an unprecedented month vacation and spends it on Putin's super yacht. We'll all be saying "wow, I can't believe this is happening, you just couldn't write the script, it's beyond belief" and McConnell and Graham will release a joint statement saying that appointing a special prosecutor to head a totally bipartisan investigation is not the answer as it will slow down the current investigation.

:lol: Has any news since his inauguration cast him in a positive light? Like even once?

Even his (I assume self chosen) Wikipedia photo makes him look like he's simultaneous solving algebra and pushing a tough poo out... I don't think the guy is ever seen in a positive light.

You can be a cnut in business. Not in politics.

Divulging classified info to the Russians, that's the height of idiocy :lol:. Whichever country provided it must be absolutely fuming.

:lol: Has any news since his inauguration cast him in a positive light? Like even once?

When he bombed the Syrian military air port, the media and a wide range of the population were in awe. Even that guy on CNN who had rightfully ranted on him before said that finally, Twitler became president. How naive can you be?

So Trump, under investigation over links with Russia, bans the US media from the White House so as to invite the Russian foreign minister to a meeting where upon he freely reveals classified intelligence information to him?

This genuinely is in 'couldn't make it up' territory.

The sad thing is this story cant be found anywhere on right wing media...which is all he and his supporters listen to.
Putin must be marveling at how easy this has been for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.