The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right so she voted for the economy, thanks for posting
She also said this...
"We don’t want to have cartels here, you don’t want to have drugs in your high schools, you don’t want killers next to you,” she said. “You want to feel safe when you leave your house. I truly believe that. And, this is why I voted for Mr. Trump."

I hold Democrats as well as Republicans responsible for Trump who is a symptom of extreme right wing politics which have sought to keep people in their fecking place for ages. Both parties feed on duped people who don't know what's best for them. In america your life purpose is to serve the corporations and not ask for anything. I still don't think all Americans deserve a shit life.

All hail Kushner, the neophyte with outsized confidence, saving us from Bannon:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/bannon-resign-mercer-trump-236939
Five people, including a senior administration official and several sources close to the president, tell POLITICO that Bannon, one of Trump’s closest advisers, has clashed with the president’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, who’s taken on an increasingly prominent portfolio in the West Wing. Bannon has complained that Kushner and his allies are trying to undermine his populist approach, the sources said.

Paul 'spineless' Ryan released a statement

C8u9wakWsAAXEMI.jpg

I was about to say "always going to happen" and was thinking along the lines of logic and common sense which is obviously a bit daft.

Great news, it'll be interesting to see what happens to the investigation now. Pick a new Chair and continue as they were? New independent and completely bipartisan committee? If it's the latter it will set the timeline back again. I doubt a new investigation would be completed before the FBI finish their investigation.

That's not actually the best news of the past 24 hours. The best news by a country mile is that Kushner and Bannon have been clashing and Kushner has won out, and Bannon is apparently being considered for another job outside the administration. (insert Carlton dance gif).

So now Ryan launches the revamp of the Healthcare bill. Although they have a long way to go. Coincidence

@Tarrou
Since you were universally disagreed with, here is an article that partially agrees with you: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/03/...-york-magazine-trump-ryan-chaffetz-obamacare/

But I set the bar at those voters who voted only for economics, who suffered under Clinton/Bush/Obama, and were neutral/against the wall/deport/ban. For them, sympathy. For people like her whose businesses seemed to be doing fine under the Communistic Muslamic Hussain Obama, screw it. I mean, if she voted for economic reasons, so did the Koch brothers, and forget sympathy, I'd probably get a boner if Trump screws them in some way.

I said right after his little circus show that it would be impossible for him to stay on the committee, but nothing seemed to be happening so I had almost given up on that.. Better late than never though.

"To be replaced by Ivanka Trump."

Joking aside, I honestly think that history will look back at this period as a time when the country flirted with dictatorship. I expect loads of stories when he's done of rebukes that he had in private from various bodies of the branches of government and how he didn't understand why he couldn't do what he wanted all of the time.

So will Nunes take charge again when the ethics probe is completed?

Thats what he posturing towards. The fact is that he is now subject to a review by the Ethics committee. When you consider the nature and seriousness of his actions, you'd hope he's not only blocked from returning to the role but also facing criminal charges.

Thats what he posturing towards. The fact is that he is now subject to a review by the Ethics committee. When you consider the nature and seriousness of his actions, you'd hope he's not only blocked from returning to the role but also facing criminal charges.

Its an encouraging development, even if only temporary. Hopefully the ethics probe will take along time to complete.

Joking aside, I honestly think that history will look back at this period as a time when the country flirted with dictatorship. I expect loads of stories when he's done of rebukes that he had in private from various bodies of the branches of government and how he didn't understand why he couldn't do what he wanted all of the time.

I feel like the main thing that'll hold him back in that regard is the size and scale of America, and the fact that large portions of the country like California are very Democrat-leaning.

The fact Trump seems to admire Putin while disliking just about every US President going back to Reagan, and disliking European leaders like Merkel, is quite telling.

Just wait until the Ethics Committee are found to have been acting unethically, prompting an investigation from the House Ethics' House Ethics Committee

That's not actually the best news of the past 24 hours. The best news by a country mile is that Kushner and Bannon have been clashing and Kushner has won out, and Bannon is apparently being considered for another job outside the administration. (insert Carlton dance gif).

This. He should have been turfed when the immigration order failed, though. Better late than never, I suppose.

Paul Ryan's statement is a doozy.

'Hes a trustworthy guy, who has to stand down because frankly no one trusts him. But I trust him, and that is why I happily accepted he had to stand down due to him being untrustworthy.'

Nunes may actually have to resign from Congress if this holds up.

When you consider how careful Comey was to avoid even discussing the existence of certain classified documents in the same hearing Nunes grilled him on "the leaking of classified documents", it makes it even funnier.

Am I right in thinking that discussing a classified document is breaking the law, even if you are not revealing it's contents?

This is why he is stepping down.

Can't find it right now but am pretty sure that just some hours after Nunes behaved so utterly stupid and bizarre, a former Bush lawyer said Nunes violated the process.

EDIT: Bradd Jaffy comes to my rescue. :) So it was Richard Painter, former GWB ethics lawyer. He also complained. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.