The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump has delivered an ultimatum, vote YES today or Obamacare stays :lol:

Such a negotiator and deal maker. The Art of the Deal!

Come to think of it you'd think he should be a bit worried about this hurting his deal maker reputation. It's been his first big challenge in that regard and yet looks like he's going to fail drastically. Caps lock Twitter rant awaits us.

It's the Enquirer - so, it's not worth the paper it's printed on...but, it helps to pass the time at the supermarket while you're standing in line :lol:

C7sCKPBXkAAjsJr.jpg:large

Trump has delivered an ultimatum, vote YES today or Obamacare stays :lol:

Such a negotiator and deal maker. The Art of the Deal!

Jesus if that fails for him it will be catastrophically embarrassing.

Come to think of it you'd think he should be a bit worried about this hurting his deal maker reputation. It's been his first big challenge in that regard and yet looks like he's going to fail drastically. Caps lock Twitter rant awaits us.

Scratch my last post, they've set Ryan up to take this fall. I wonder how many fall guys they will use before people start refusing to be in that position.

Jesus if that fails for him it will be catastrophically embarrassing.

As I said earlier, it could be like Nick Clegg promising free tuition, it could follow him for his entire Presidency and ultimately kill of any hopes of being re-elected. What has happened is yet again, he's completely out of his depth, he has promised things that not only he cannot deliver, but his party don't want him to deliver. He's entrusted the reform to people who are corrupt and don't want to provide anything Trump promised. Now it looks like failing he's throwing his little tantrums and delivering an ultimatum hoping that will make people do as he says because if not he will be very, very angry.

Scratch my last post, they've set Ryan up to take this fall. I wonder how many fall guys they will use before people start refusing to be in that position.

Yeah, Ryan will probably take the fall but the stink will linger on as Trump promised to make changes and he won't/hasn't, he won't be able to distance himself from that unless he actually makes the changes he promised.

That's what Jake Tapper reminded us of yesterday:

So can someone explain what's ended up making this bill so bad? All I've been able to glean from this and the rest of the thread is Trump made big promises on protecting medicare and medicaid and expanding it to universal healthcare, they've ended up doing the opposite of that to cover the significant tax cuts, and very few people are happy about it. Aside from some minor benefits for the most wealthy people, what else was it supposed to offer to mitigate that? I find it hard to believe that so many people could end up producing something so bad, both for the republicans and the people.

That's not accurate. What the Republicans have done is scared the public into thinking Obamacare was bad for them. They promised to repeal that when they had the votes to do so. The reason why they are so against Obamacare is because insurance companies have paid them $$$ to do so. What they are doing is cutting most of the credits and things that made it affordable for poor people to gain medical insurance coverage. As for "Universal" healthcare, the politicians (on both side) have done such a good job of scaring the public over the years that most Americans think that it is the biggest sin of all.

Last edited:
:lol: Piss up in a brewery comes to mind.

So what happens now? They pulled it to avoid getting it blocked but as everyone obviously knows this is the case surely they're in exactly the same position as if the "no" votes actually happened?

Yeah, next time someone tells you rich people are all brilliant and clever, remember this.

A bunch of rich fecks defeated themselves.

Twice.

I give you the German Chancellor but the pope :lol:

I was catholic and went out of church some years ago - but I really like this pope. Shows heart and is really revolutionary. Especially when you look at that what is called "christian" in the US...

But I posted it just to show the contrast to Merkel's face when meeting Trump...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.